Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Riley, your so darn cute! I'm trying to avoid all those yummy treats - I hope I don't slow you down on an 8 mile walk! Liz would really enjoy this - she said we should do activity meetups as oppose to lunch meetups!

Reggie, I've only walked in them once - just this morning - so I'm not real sure how much they work yet. I can tell you that I really feel it in my calves now, which I never have before. They are not inexpensive, I'll tell you that! I normally shop in the youth section cuz they cost less but they didn't have these in the youth section LOL. $110.00! I haven't watched the video that it comes with yet that tells you how to maximize the walk and what way works what portion of the body. I'll get back to you on that.

Nicole, was it you that said you have these shoes? Somebody else has them, I know it! They may know better how good they work.

Woohoo, Candra back in action, was feelin yo pain from here! Wanted to get skechers for birthday this month, but not sure can spend that $, but I hear they are so worth it, where can we buy them from?

So Ladies... FRIDAY, 12:00 - 1:00 to 2:00, whenever you can make it! Cant wait to meet you Reggie (model), Tamra, can someone contact her if she doesnt see it here?, and Tanifaire..all are welcome! AT Mimi's - Natomas -

Restaurant Website

I believe it will be Candra, Candi, Reggie, Nicole, Tanifaire, Tina (yes, Michaela 2), myself...Tamra? Heather? Anyone else? Please let us know by Thursday, through here.

Hope you all are having a blessed day of healthy choices! :smile2:

P.S. Riley new park sounds like fun, we have our Support Group on Saturday, July 25th @ 11:00...can u make this one Pls? Also, is the Kaiser team only doing the 10K in Tahoe?

I am considering the 5K, let me know!

Edited by roseyyyd1

Candra i am so sorry that evite hates me:(

I will email you the addy, and yes kiddos are welcome:D

The duck should be gone by then so no worries:D We found her a home with a guy who has 2 others and a pond. Right now she is in our back yard under a tree....

Ill do the 8mile walk with ya girls:D Sounds like fun:D

Nope i dont own those sketchers, didnt even know they existed:D

I wanted to do the Lake Tahoe run but i cant afford no 70 bucks, ill stick with the cheap sacto ones:D

I finished day 3 week 1 of c25k. Im not sure how week two is gonna happen lol, guess ill know on friday:)

food is fun, work is not (!) Maybe I'm not in the green zone yet, LOL!

Lunch: Gardenburger (110); 1/2 cup cucumber slices (8); 1 oz. dry roasted sunflower seeds (120)

snack (yes, already!!) 10 smoked almonds (115)

My calorie counter says 651 cals today so far, my pedometer says I have burned off 1,022 (almost 10 miles)

I should be losing a flippin' pound a day!!!

riley you are burning more then you eat, which actually will cause your body to stop loosing. Thats why you see the hault. You have to have some food for your body to run, or it will just slow down and get used to running on nothing. You have to be even.

Now i remember robin saying write down what i think before eating.. ok i cant stop eating.. and its cause im congested lol seriously i have this stomach bug and the congestion in my throat is bugging me when i eat it goes away. Plus im not staying full for crap today. Im still under 500 cals for the day BUT COME ON. I was doing so well then i got sick. Im one of those oddballs i eat more when im sick.. lol.Always have. I used to have Soup all day long, and the bad thing it was soup like.. CLAM CHOWDER! Fatttening!

I am low on my Water today some reason i just cant stomach it. I think im gonna skip the passion party meeting, noone wanting to help me with my food party will even be there, and i need to walk some more today. I always try to leave my calories intake at 500 over then my calories burned.

Also riley have you thought of buying a heart monitor?? Me and Christine i know own it not sure who else. It tells you how many calories you burn EXACTLY by your heart rate. It is a LOT more accurate then the pedometers.. Because you should be loosing if ur burning way more then you eat.... But your body could be in panic mode.

Another thought.... riley your gonna hate me, im sick and analyzing but who knows maybe im onto somethin:D

Ok, so they say in an average day a person walks 6-15 miles.. ( my trainer told me that) that is just from regular life stuff, going to the ladies room, cooking, cleaning shopping, etc. OK.. so your 10 miles.. are these 10 consecutive miles you set out in chunks of time to do??? And you get your heart rate up and hold it there for 30 min or more at a time? Or are you doing 1/4 mile here and there?? It is amazing how much the avg person walks.

The only excersize i ever count for excersize (and im sure we are all this way) is what i actually set out as excersize.. i put on my outfits and go walking for 1-2 hours straight or do the c25k in the am. It is blocks of time i keep my heart rate in the "zone".. i dont count my daily walking that the pedometer does..

I am just tryin to help figure out why your not dropping a lb a day when i agree you should be...

Oh I am losing Nicole! Just cracks me up that I am supposed to be eating "significanly less" than 1200 cals a day according to Robin - which is about what I am burning off! It's working tho - I am just much hungrier when I excercise so much!!

Nicole I jog-walk 4 miles every morning before work - 12 to 15 minute miles - my heart rate is up the whole time. A walk a lot at work yes, but I also do a 1.5 mile walk up a steep hill at 10 am and another (flatter) 2-mile walk at lunch. Tonight at 6:30 I am meeting a friend for a 4-mile hike around Sprink Lake, that has BIG hills and definately gets my heart rate up! So yes, at least 6-8 miles a day are pursposeful, active jogging, hiking or power walking. My pedometer tracks aerobic steps separately that overall steps, like right now I have 113 aerobic minutes, I will end the day at about 200 aerobic minutes of excercise. It's an Omron; I love it! :-)

I hope your not mad at me i just agree if your burning more then your eating you should be loosing 3 or 4 pounds a week EASY. So yeah it sucks that you are working out soo much and not loosing more...:smile2:

i was trying to help give ideas..

Of course I am not mad at you!! Silly girl! If I didn't want your feedback and ideas I never would have posted it here! Goodness gracias :-)

6-15 miles a day of walking for a regular person isn't right though - I got a figure of 4 miles from my Kaiser class . . . a little over 5 is 10,000 steps, which is what they have a whole program built around! In any case, when I started this journey I set my daily steps goal at 6,000 . . that is less than 3 miles! So I was NOT walking very much at all.

I agree I should be losing more! I have a 1,000 calorie per day deficit, even on a "bad" day, which should lead to 1 lb. of loss every 3 days. Hey wait - that IS what I'm losing!! Maybe it just feels slower than it is . . .

Anyways, no never mad. I promise! That cold is killer; I had it and the cough that follows it lasts for almost 2 weeks. Take your zikcam, zucol, whatever else to shorten the duration, drink the liquids you don't want (try diet Jello, popsicles and - my favorite - hot & sour soup) and GET BETTER!

The cold is mainly effecting my throat. Im trying to play the mind game and think im fine. Mikes fine, auds is fine.. and i even did the c25k this am, and i plan to do something tonight probably leave my duck and go walk the lake again. Id like to do 6 laps eventually that would be almost 7 miles.

Goodness the poor duck is being bugged by misty the cat. all i hear is QUACK QUACK QUACK.

What i think is cool is even someone just eating 600 cals and not working out will loose weight since our bodies burn around 1500 a day just by living.. Makes since why Rny pateints loose so easy without workin out. As long as they are eating right that is:D

I really wonder what these city slicker neighbors think of quaking.. in their back yards........

Whew... I've been reading for an hour! And I've only been away for 2 days!

I will not be able to make it Friday, but I know you ladies will have a great time!

I don't have much today, just going to work on my midterm and get to the gym if I can. I do have tomorrow off so I will def. get my caboose to the gym.

B: 1 c watermelon

L: 1/4 c rice, 1/4 cup shrimp with lobster sauce, egg roll

D: 1/4 c rice, 1/4 c shrimp with lobster sauce

I was bad today i know. We ordered from a chinese place at 1. And damn they give a lot of food so we had another serving for dinner, and there is still half of it there! This food lasts forever!

Not good choice though i know. oh well i been doing good lately i deserve one bad day:D Of Chinese full loving!

Heather! We will miss you!

Yeah the gym gets old after a while i TOTALLY understand:D Thats why ive been lookin at other avenues for working out:D

Glad you had a good day!