Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Reggie, it sounds like you tweak your 1200 the way I do mine . . . I'll bet there are more of us too! Since carbs make the liver larger, I'm avoiding them like the plague . . . . . :scared2:

LOL Riley I hear you! It only makes sense to adapt to high Protein since it appears to be the success to losing when banded.

Hello Riley.

I think being so far away from Richmond doesn't help much. I have no way to get in there and let them know who I am. I think the face to face contact helps.

I just can't eat meat. I have been vegetarian all my life (LO) and I throw up when I eat meat. I have been eating eggs and cheese and Beans alot. Beans have carbs so I make tacos with small amount of beans and lost of cheese and lettuce and cucumbers. Just enough beans to taste. I also have been making veggie chili and eating that at night.

Egg sandwiches, egg omelets, scrambled eggs. Lots of string cheese and weight watchers yogurt. Fat free pudding. Truthfully eating the same things over and over since my choices are limited. I actually hate dairy products including eggs but I decided to have to give somewhere the dairy is easier than the meat. I don't drink milk and never have but soy milk works just as well. Oh and cream of wheat. Lots of cream of wheat right now.

But again I don't think that this is the healthiest diet forever. I am used to eating nuts and soy meats too. Some are high Protein but overall I had to get rid of the soy meat products for the most part.

ALso I eat alot of salad and always have. But now without the Salad Dressing and cheese, unless low fat.

I did discover that low fat cheese is wonderful I can't tell a difference. Go figure.

Lots and lots of Water and crystal light. More than 4 ounces actually. Than I don't crave soda all day.

I think my biggest problem has always been soda and sweets. No that I can't eat candy and can't drink diet soda all day I don't have much I crave. (I still crave the sweet but none in the house so..........I am outta luck unless I want to drive to the store.

I just really don't think I can do the meet and I am waiting for an appointment to try and get some ideas. I did try to call and talk to Robin but again no appointment so I can't do anything untill they call me.

I just feel like I am on my own until that first appointment.

I don't do milk either, ever ever. I love chocolate Soy Slender for 1 cup its 70 cals, 1 gr. net carbs and 7g protein! I love it iced, and starbucks will use it to make my Decaf lattes :scared2:

I'm also fortunate that I love good, firm tofu! The super-firm kind that they sell at trader joes is too high in fat so i have just been using the lite extra firm that they sell at Safeway, I "fry" slices of it in a pan sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, sprinkle it with garlic powder and Tony Cachere's cajun seasonong and YUM even if I devour the whole package (noy likely) it would only be 200 cals and all of my Protein for the day. Also good with spahetti sauce, I use vegies and mashed dark red kidney Beans in my spaghetti sauce try it!

Do call them again tomorrow and ask for Kelly, they have 4 gals who answer the phone and it's really all about who answers or who calls you back. If you are super flexible with your dates, tell them that! I know that have appointments come up all the time. Do you know if you are going to do psych or surgeon first?

Momc, so did you get a fill when you were down there Friday? I was there too, but probably didn't see you as we arrived around 11 and walked up the ramps in the parking garage for while before my friend's weigh-in They took us as soon and we checked in and did both appointments back-to-back hours ahead of schedule, too. Friday was a good day at Kaiser Richmond!

HI LADIES!

SO im gonna do my check in here now:) Been busy we are moving it sucks but kinda got to my hubby is out of work in 2 weeks:(

My stats.. well the Case Manager appt is scheduling 1 month out, for everyone that wanted to know. I had my surgeon appt the 2nd they scheduled my Case manager appt for the 2nd, BUT i called and was super sweet and got in on the 28th.. lol. Not much but soo much:) So i go next week! I am down 5lbs since i saw the surgeon so thats good:)

I have done all my preop work, the blood was good, my heart came back with some issues, but the cardiologist cleared me:)

I am down idk i think its 35lbs? since my NOV 4 class:)

Yes he waived the one appt but the classes thru the case manager i guess are required. Hopefully surgery will be soon, because i have a trip in march that i want to be on decent foods with.. its my convention:)

Other then that all I am doing is watching my cals, and i am about to have to quit my trainer:( but yeah doin that too. I bought walk away the lbs, LOVE THAT!!!

Talk to you all soon:)

Momc, so did you get a fill when you were down there Friday? I was there too, but probably didn't see you as we arrived around 11 and walked up the ramps in the parking garage for while before my friend's weigh-in They took us as soon and we checked in and did both appointments back-to-back hours ahead of schedule, too. Friday was a good day at Kaiser Richmond!

Yes I got my 2nd fill on Friday - Dr. Im added 2 ccs to the 4 I already had so now I have 6 ccs. I was probably in the parking garage when you were. I am definitely feeling restriction now. I found the sublingual B-12 he wants me to take at Wal-Mart for less than $4.

One of Dr. Bagg's appointments didn't show and he asked if his next appointment was there early, but they weren't. (I overheard this while waiting to see Robin). So I would advise you to go to appointments early if you want to get out of there earlier to avoid traffic.

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all the posts and updates on the appts with case managers etc. I was at 210 at my surgeon appt last week. He has my goal weight at 200. He said I had to be at the 200 before I make the case manager appointment. When I weighted in the morning at home I was at 206. I think I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment on the books. I am not sure they will do it or not but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I also just got my stationary bike put together so I am going to be on that this week. Hopefully it will help me with losing a little faster. Exercise is another step in the process right! Thanks all,

Tera

Plus I agree carbs are the hardest to deal with.

Unfortunately that wont work, Sheena on here has to get to i believe its 240.. and she was at 245 and called so she could get an appt, and they said she had to go to a local kaiser and weigh in first before they would do that.. but it could never hurt to try, id just hate for them to know that I was trying to in a way cheat the system if it was me..:wink2: Good luck!!:Dancing_wub:

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for all the posts and updates on the appts with case managers etc. I was at 210 at my surgeon appt last week. He has my goal weight at 200. He said I had to be at the 200 before I make the case manager appointment. When I weighted in the morning at home I was at 206. I think I am going to call tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment on the books. I am not sure they will do it or not but I guess it can't hurt to try.

I also just got my stationary bike put together so I am going to be on that this week. Hopefully it will help me with losing a little faster. Exercise is another step in the process right! Thanks all,

Tera

Plus I agree carbs are the hardest to deal with.

To bad people are not showing for appointments. I would take those missed appointments in a heartbeat.

So what is the step everyone seems to be getting waived? Nutrionist? Seems like if you lose alot by the surgeon appointment they waive that and probably for good reason.

Case manager appointment. I was told by someone on the board they were waiving that as well. But from what I heard at orientation I didn't think that would fly.

I am gonna call in today and ask for Kelly. It has been over a month since I have heard anything. I was told I would hear something by Jan 5, 2008 for sure and that was weeks ago.

I am just wondering if I qualify or if they are seeing if my insurance will approve. Something is holding up the process on my case but I have no idea what.

I have been really nice to the office staff, but still just keep getting. We can't do anything for you until after you get an appointment scheduled and to wait for someone to send me a letter or call me.

I did go to Kaiser and weigh in last week. I know it shows up on their records so hopefully that gives them a push to call and schedule an appointment :-)

I am going on a trip all of March and really want at least one appointment before I go.

What is in my sig is the appts i had in the order:) I do not have to see the nutrition lady..

They had a weight check appt or something to talk about my tests that they waived.. My next step is CM and thats next week:)

When I was at Richmond last Friday I overheard one of the office people tell a lady that if she weighed in at her local Kaiser to make sure the local Kaiser enters it into the online part and then to call Richmond and let them know so they would look it up. I don't think they know you weigh in at your local Kaiser unless you tell them. I doubt they go looking for it for all the patients they have.

So I called in today and got Kelly. How lucky is that. She gave me an appointment for Friday at 11am. THIS FRIDAY!! I am so glad I called!! She wanted me to come in tomorrow but I didn't think I could get off work on such short notice. But Friday I already have off anyway.

I will have my pysch appointment with Dr. S? Than I get the next appointment from there.

Ah finally some progress. Wish I had lost more than 10 pounds though:-) I am gonna be in the 1200 strictly the rest of the week.

I will also let them know to check my med records as I plan to weigh in a couple times a month with my local Kaiser. I have to get my blood pressure checked anyway so I will be weighing in each time!!

I hope it goes well and I don't get caught in traffic. I am coming from Sacramento and the appointments is at 11am. I am guessing I will get there more like 10am since I plan to leave after I drop off my daughter at school.

Last time the traffic was horrible and I don't want to take a chance. It took me 2+ hours to get there. (an hour to get home!!)

Referral made: November 5, 2008

Orientation: December 16, 2008

Psych Appoint: January 23, 2009

Surgeon: ??????

Case Manager: ??????

Hi this is my frist time on this site I have surgery date of Feb 25th in Richmond with Dr Hahn. Its been a very l o n g road I took time losing the weight then got everthing togather and still took 5 more months for a date I should have pressed the issue sooner when I was finally feed up and let them know it happened Had upper GI today so its finally becoming real Good luck