Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Evening ladies,

Just catching up - my you have been busy today!

Tamra, maybe you can email your doctor and at least ask her to schedule your orientation now so that you can get in right after this class. So, you did weight watchers too LOL Ditti's weight loss zone has been around since I did weight watchers many years ago hahahaha

Jes - You should weigh but don't be disappointed if it seems higher than you expect - I don't know what Robin's talking about because I weight myself one morning right out of the shower - blew dried my hair first of course lol - anyway - I weighed again right after i got dressed and In that 10 minutes I gained 4.6lbs with my clothes on! so, weigh in just in case but then I'd go to your PCP early in the morning, before Breakfast, after you shower, wearing nothing but a sun dress - bra if you must and the lightest flip flops you got and weigh in girlfriend!

Tina, don't beat yourself up hahaha - that's my thing!

Hi Donna, my honesty is what always messes me up in the end :P Here's what I really want to say "My scale still not budging. Barely eating crap, walking more than I ever have before - JOGGED EVEN! sweatin like a pig and for no reason... My husbands in there eating Mrs. Fields chocolate Peanut Butter bars right now - Really pisses me off !!!!!!!!" How's that for brutal honesty LMAO Oh, well, I gotta just keep on doing what I'm suppose to do and the scale will move when it's ready! How are you girlfriend?

Ok, Riley & Christine - don't take this the wrong way because I still HATE exercise... But my husband may have pointed out a small NSV tonight - as we were walking up the last hill and i was complaining as usual about how hard it is for me to carry my fat ass all the way up it he pointed out that last month he would have to stand at the top of the hill & wait for me because i was only half way up and now, I am only a few feet behind him - so it must be getting easier for me. I did notice that we are taking the exact same route but it went down from 10,090 steps to 8,463 steps the last week or so. Hmmm? Can't figure that out so I jumped in the car as soon as I got back & drove it and OMG I had no idea we were walking 4.2 miles. I think I will see how long it actually takes us next time.

B - 2 hard boiled eggs

L - 1/2 C chicken salad w/2tsp mayo, 1/2 Tomato

D - 4 oz BBQ Salmon steak, half a tomato & 1/4 cucumber with a little red wine vinegar & garlic herb mix.

I will start getting on the calorie counting asap

candy, I'm free every Tuesday, Friday & Saturday for lunch or whatever.

Ha, just flipping thru the stations and found some reality thing called Diet Tribe - We are the lap-band Tribe

Yea lets go out to eat next Thursday. I am pretty sure I can do that.

candy I struggle too. As you can see I had a bad day today. I haven't seen you in such a long time. YOur gonna be so skinny now!!

People at work on noticing now. My boss was like you lost weight this week. And that she was like. OMG Tina you have lost alot of weight!! LOL. I told her well yea since January. She just noticed. But I think people are noticing my eating too. We had a potluck today......thus the bagel and carbs.........and I brought non fat yoghurt and watermellon........she was like what is up with that. I told her you know me with all the healthy food. She just kept saying OMG Tina I can't believe I didn't notice. I felt good but embarrassed too.

One girl in the office..........I think she knows. She tells me all the time your getting so skinny since surgery. Every day she is like girl your losing...........ah no I am not.......but she is nice about it. I just am pretty sure she know. She is very observant.

Like I always said if I am asked directly I will tell but if not I won't volunteer the info.

Candy your missed. I was wondering where you were. For sure let hang out and we have the group fill on the 23rd too!!

Edited by swrktp

If we do lunch I could do just about any day next week too. Except Friday...........

4.2 Candra.....oh I gotta up my game if I am gonna keep u with you. I rode 3 miles on the bike (my knees are messed up) but I can't let you beat me. I will have to up it tomorrow. Girlfriend that is alot of walking!!! You go!!

Tina, I truly had no idea I was walking that far. It doesn't take longer than an hour (I don't thinK) so I figured we were walking a 1.5 mi or so... I think it helps not to know.

gotta hit the sack or I'm gonna hit my husbands Mrs. Fields bag.

Tomorrow is C25K, Week 1, day 2!

Oh, Tamra, will you be weight in in that class since it is a mandatory class and will that weigh in be your starting weight??? I hope so... so you can get started.

Jes, what's your secret, how are you getting these last 4lbs off?? Can you take an extra 4 off for me???? I'll pay you per pound :P

Good Morning Ladies -

Candra and Riley - can you walk some for me? It is too hot here in Sacramento to be walking anywhere outside after work. The only walking I did yesterday was at Super Walmart.

Nicole - keeping my fingers crossed for you, but it is bittersweet as hate to see you move so far away.

Donna - aren't you going for a fill next week?

Christine - yes my dr doesn't do fills as often, but puts more in each time. I think I am pretty much done with fills.

Jes, Heather, Tamra - keep up the good work - if you need something let us know

Tina - don't worry about one day of eating the wrong things - it will all even out. I don't know how you handle the stress of your job - I give you credit for that.

Did I miss anyone? If so - didn't mean to. I had a lot of messages to read and catch up. I am not an afternoon/night computer person.

I jumped on the scale this morning and was surprised to see 213.9 - hope it keeps going.

Good Wed morn, Anchor Day Ladies!

Feelin the breeze some more, it's a coolin...

Heather...what a beautiful pic...ok ladies, since everyone else has, perhaps I should work on one too, hehe. So fun to see you last Saturday...I noticed your purple too!

Pam-thnks for remembering, Yes my fill/ck up is scheduled for next Mon, the 6th...my hopes are for one! I have lost weight this time too!

So, lunch next Thursday or Friday, who else is game?

Candra, anyway you can swing Thursday (bring nephew along?) if we do Thursday for lunch next week? By the way, Candra, you go ahead girl, I find our group right here, so helpful and kind, when we need to be honest the most! We are those Sisters of Surgery!!! :P

Good morning ladies!

When it came to work, did you tell people you were planning to have the procedure done? I havent told anyone, I figured I would wait until I know for sure.

Ideas?

I wanna try and come next thursday:D

We should know by the end of today if he got it btw:D I hope he did i hate to move soo far, but im tiiiiiired of this job search.

We'll be gone at the beach all next week, but I'm sure I can make the next meet up!

Good luck to Mike today, I hope he gets the job!

Tamara...I did nto tell anyone at work and still haven't don't plan to. If I remember right we all had different opinions on this (weather to tell people or not). I work with some very judgemental people and one of the worst ones had had gastric bypass and has gained it back...so I knew the things I would hear, oh you too the easy way.....oh you wouldn't be loosing if it wasn't for the surgery...I felt that stuff would hold me back...this is by far the hardest thing I ever did snd the last thing I needed was people holding me back. Its been great so far...I lost a little over 20 pds before I had surgery and then I told them I was having hernia surgery......(I hate lieing about that but the bottom line is it really is no one business it was personal choice). The nice thing to with lap band is I think it is not so obvious, if I want a little something they are having I have a little, even sweets which I think would be a big giveway if I turned down the sweets. So I'm down 45pds and people tell me how great I look or all the sudden people who see me all the time will go wow you've lost weight!!! Another good thing about the band its gradual (sp) not 100 pds all at once a nice healthy weight loss!!!! Anyway thats my situation.....like I sadi I know others feel like they want to share it to maybe help other people and I agree with that too!!!!

Any chance anyone could do lunch on FRI? We are taking the kids to the free movie on Thursday and then to lunch? Let me know

Today is going to be a better food day!!!! I control it it does not control me!!! (I know I'm a dork but had to get that off my chest!!!) :P

Candi girl...you bounce back...and better than before!

Is it possible to line up lunch, after the movie on Thursday, if that be the day?

Tamra, it is really your personal choice, just be ready for the influx of opinions...when you are ready to share, than if it feels right, think of it as an opportunity to educate others...but just take your time, cause it is emotional work also, and like Candi says...dont need the nagging too!

Tina woman...how u doing this morn?

Hope everyone has a good day of healthy choices! Even choosing to let go of the past, EVEN yesterday...sometimes a tough one for me....hehehe...:P

doing good this morning down .5 pounds this morning so no permanent damage. I am back on track so far this morning and ate lentils for breakfast. Have lunch with me at work.

Much better day so far.

Tamra I didn't tell anyone at work. They still don't know. Like Candi I went the hernia route too. I just don't want people in my business to much pressure. I like to keep work and home life separate.

I have told my a few people in my personal life. My parents, my sister, my aunt and a couple of friends from church. Most have been supportive. My daughter told some of her friends which I was not happy about. Everyone has been ok but one friend who was like if you already lost weight on your own why did you go through with it? even after explaining they didn't get it and that is why I don't want to tell to many people..........to many opinions and at this point only mine matters ya know.

busy day for me probably working late but I have my food supply.

Chris have fun at the beach!! Girl you gonna be so, so tan!!

Good morning ladies! Cut my walk down to 2 miles this morning so I could get home early enough to make gazpacho for munch today - YUM!! Now I have to go sneak out during a staff meeting and get in another 2 miles, LOL

Tamra, I tell anyone and everyone who will listen. I am a walking billboard for the lap-band! I am also an assertive person and no one f's with me, if you know what I mean! I have gotten very little in the way of unsupportive opinions, if I hear it I just say "yeah yeah, blah blah blah," pout my hand up and walk away. Really, I am that rude about it! We practiced that in my 14-week class :-) I figure that if they can be rude to me, they can handle my being rude back. Honestly, though, at least 95% of people have been TOTALLY supportive! They often ask "oh, you can have that removed after you lose weight, right?" and my response is "yes that's right I can - but they will have to pry it out of my cold, dead body, because I love this thing!"

Feeling restriction again this morning - getting close to a week out from the last fill, which is when I started feeling it last time. VERY happy about that!! :-)

Sneaking out for my walk now - TTFN