Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok, I just had a nice little victory. I just went shopping and got home and poured a big glass of cold Water. Then I went to the cupboard and was looking for a snack. I looked at the wheat thins, cheezits, almonds, oreos, and goldfish and was deciding what I wanted. Then I thought "WAIT. Am I hungry? No... then why am I doing this?" and I shut the cupboard and came here to post that I was going to snack but DIDN'T.

YAY for will power! :cursing:

Will power at its best! I snacked for the second time tonight and I feel like crap. I think I was more thirsty than hungry. well we'll see what the scale says. Chris you are doing so well. I am proud of you. :tongue2:

Tina- when we get to goal we will still be supporting each other.When we fall we alwas know that we can get up and dust off with the help of each other. I think we're making lifetime friendships here and that's he beauty of it.

Thanks girls! All of you are what keeps me motivated. For the first time in my life I feel like I'm really "there"...you know? I know that SO much of it is from the friendship and support I get here from you girls. You are the BEST. <3

Reggie girl i feel ya! I am now a 10 and 12 in clothes and i still go to the 18s first, it takes me a few min to pull away. My sister left a bag of clothes for me though there were some 12s and 16s off the bat i took the 12s though i was proud there, but i think its cause i was like dude im closer to her size then she wants me to be! (Shes always been the tiny one..) But on with the story the 16s are too big, so im gonna tell her and ask if i can pass them on;) I actually am ready to part with a couple of my 16 jeans they are bran new though so i hope you need new clothes:D But yeah i still see me as an 18, no longer the 20/22 but the 18 is still there.. heck i wanted to take a couple items this past saturday!:tongue2: But i am sure we will see it one day.I think when i really will is when my hips are gone and my freakin stomach thats the same shape it was 75 lbs ago!

I think im gonna go bid on ebay for some clothes cause my closet is getting pittiful... Im so glad you guys can use my clothes:D But it sucks cause i got maybe 20 items to my name lol, and 1/2 of them are still too big that i cant part with..:cursing:

OH btw PLEASE come to my party ill set up a carpool!!! I realllly wanna show this Wild Tree consultant that i tried to get people to come:( Last time i threw a party was a year ago, and i had a wonderful turnout... 1 person.... SOOO pleeease:D

Oh Tina i know the rolly polly. since ive been craving Water thats my constant feeling:D Oh and girl you look amazing!

Christine that is AWWWWWWWWWESSSSOME:P

Chrstine you have ALL THOSE Snacks OMG ID DIE! LOL i sooo do not have that will power, i do have chocolate and almonds, and crackers etc, but if i looked, im not as good as shutting the door ESPECIALLY with cheeze its in there...

You guys know on BL how they have the lil area with each persons weakness... well mine would be covered in Salads lol and cheezeits! OH and seafood;) I am a seafood junkie!

But im doing good im proud of me tonight no snacking.. i also ate dinner at 6.. still not hungry the fill is working in that aspect of keeping me full for 4 hours even if i eat Soup lol.

OH good the news guy said there is a cool down coming..

I think the friendship and support has been lacking from every other attempt at weight loss. That's why were successful now. I've always gone at it alone, even when I had a buddy working with me. Now I've got a bunch of buddies who get it. That's what helps me so much. You girls get it.

oh yeah and im not going anywhere once i hit goal:D I still talk to the group of ladies i met during my pregnancy time, yeah im not As active but i try to be:D

Wow have you guys realized how HUGE we are on the Preop board?? We have like over 2k posts! over 25k views! We are LBTs rockstars;)

Yep, I still keep all the Snacks in the house for Soph and Daddy. I have the almonds and beef Jerky in there for me too, but the carbs are all for them. I promised myself that when I started this journey that I would have the will power to keep the fun food in the house for my family but that I would be able to either not eat it or eat it in moderation. So far I've done pretty damn good.

I just want this change that I've made to affect them as little as possible. Bri and Soph still eat really healthy, but I don't want to be the person that says that they can't have fun snacks either...you know?

Oh yes i know, but also they have their Snacks also, like there is icecream in the freezer, and fudgesicles, pizza, mike has chips and soda(luckily i wasnt a chip eater and soda is nasty) and then we do have grahm crackers.. but mike knows cheeze its are my weakness so he doesnt want them here. And audrey really doesnt care, and its not like she needs the cals either my princess:D

SO im not saying i dont have snacker food, i just dont have my weakness.. and part of it is because he doesnt want it around me. :tongue2:

Oh lol and did i mention i have a drawer full of chocolate covered cashews and grahm crackers, and its all dove chocolate?? lol and im so proud of me for not touchin it:D

Morning ladies. Fun reading all the posts this morning........

Ok so I made it all night without snacking. Think the Water had something to do with that. I also want to bed by 11 so I didn't have the time to get hungry.

I hear ya Nicole with the clothes. I cleaned out my closet and don't have much. I did pick up a few things at the support groups and I still have the 18 jeans you gave me that fit!! But alot of what I am giving away is new stuff I just bought it a few weeks ago-jeans, work pants ect-and I barely wore them before they got to big. I thought I would have a bit more time at 20 than I did. I want to not do that again. My stack of clothes by the door has all my favorite things but serious they have to go...................so crazy. gonna just get enough to get me by a few weeks at a time. I am thinking I will end up at 10/12 so than I can buy more clothes. So I have 16 and 14 to get through before I can really buy stuff.

Nicole at your size people start to keep their clothes!! So no wonder your closet is going down. Love your picture by the way!!

I am hungry this morning and have to get to work so have a great day ladies. I don't get to check my email much from work so until tonight.

Good Morning Ladies -

Just finished reading all the posts from yesterday afternoon through this morning. It really helps motivate me to read them first thing in the morning when I get to work.

Robin told me to not count calories too - wants me to do the 3 x 1/3 cup. So I am trying to make healthy choices for my 1/3 cups but I am not counting calories. I was counting calories a few weeks ago and got really frustrated in that I would eat about 900 calories in a day and burn 400 off at Curves that day and then I would be up a pound the next day. Robin said something about at this stage I can't follow the calories in minus calories out plan. I don't know where she gets that - I let it go in one ear and out the other.

My food yesterday was - b 1 hard boiled egg, l 1 cheesestick and 3 thin slices turkey lunch meat, d 1/3 c salmon and 5 wheat thins. I did eat 2 apple jacks right before I went to Kaiser to see the therapist - yes you read that right - 2- . Don't know why I did that. And I had 4 wheat thins about 9 pm before I went to bed - should have just went to bed.

I got on the scale this morning and was down another 1.5 lbs - that means I have lost 4.5 since my fill last Thursday.

Keep up the good work ladies - together we can do it.

OMG, I cannot believe the tiny amounts you girls are eating!!! Yeah I eat 1/4 cups and 1/3 cups, but of like 3 different things!! Holy moley and you really are not getting hungry?? I want another fill already!!

This last fill has really made a difference - hope the restriction stays. I had my lunch yesterday at noon and didn't get a chance to have dinner until 6:30 and I wasn't really that hungry. I just PB'd part of my hard boiled egg - I will try it with mayo tomorrow as the yolk is just too dry. I hate to eat only half an egg - that's not enough to survive on.