Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

COUCH TO 5K, WEEK 1, DAY 1 COMPLETE!

Ok, so , not as hard as I expected but not easy for me. the last two intervals were rough but I WAS JOGGIN! ME, YES I DID!

Reggie, how nice to have your height! I wish i was tall - I'm 5'3" but always wear tall shoes! gotta balance out my width! You look great, easy to see why your husband was/is trippin so hard - LOL

Christine, anybody ever tell you you're like a little soldiier! You're so diligent and accountable to yourself - It's amazing how you stick to your program! I'm gonna try harder to be accountable too.

Tamra, C25K is like Heather said, A program to get your a$$ off the couch and on the track - so to speak. It's a 9 week program, 3 days per week and starts out slow to build you up. I will get you the link to the program and the podcasts I am using. It would be great to have a C25K partner - you down?? Anybody down??

Hi Tina! nice to see your closet floor again, isn't it - LOL. Now you can say "I can't go, I don't have a thing to wear" and mean it hahahaha

Thanks Candra! This is the first time in my life that I've been accountable to myself and stuck to something for this long. I'm really proud of myself for that.

I'm starting C25K also! I was gonna do it a couple of weeks ago but got a little bored with the treadmill so I'm been doing my bike lately. I'll start it after the 12th when we're back from vacation so I don't have to break up the program.

I went shopping today and bought 2 sundresses in a size 16!!! NOT IN THE WOMEN'S PLUS DEPT! Just the plain old women's/girls dept. I'm so excited! They're both pretty cute, and they're sleeveless! That's huge for me, I haven't exposed my arms this much in so so so many years. I didn't realize how much cooler I could've been all these friggin' years...geez.

I'll take some pics and post 'em here in the next couple days. My sister and I are taking our 3 nephews (13, 9, 7) to Marine World tomorrow. I can't wait to ride all the big kid rides!

Thanks Candra again, I need the motivation because I am truly struggling with seeing the difference and that's something that I will be talking to Dr.Park about next week.

sounds fun but i am iffy on dieting an working out until I know how much I need to loose for this. I can drop 20 lbs like that then it stops. so if i do it now lol...there we go!

Thanks again candra, you are funny about the hubby! Girl at 5'3' you have some advantages that those of us who are tall don't have. Sort women tend to attract tall men LOL. You are beautiful indeed. I think after we all reach goal or even close to it we should get some pro pics.

Well, Christine, I think a congratulations is in order so "Congratulations". Hearing this info makes me proud of you too. Have fun tomorrow - I live 1 mile from marine world (animal kingdom) and i havent been there once this season. WTF is up with me LOL

Reggie, if you could only see yourself thru our eyes! I get what you're saying though - even when I got all the way down to a 12 I still walked to the plus size section of the store first. I sometimes ponder that the "fat" image we have of ourselves is what keeps us fat - even if we lose it we gain it back because that's how we see ourselves. They always say visualization is the key - lets try to visualize ourselves as thin women!

Smart thinking, Tamra! We will get you on the C25K as soon as you have orientation! I'll come meet with you if you need a push - you can put your daughter in the stroller - ooh, maybe we can find you one of those jogger stollers! am I getting ahead of myself? LOL

Ok, Rosie, I sent you the link to find us here and I'm gonna get you at the next meet if you don't join in soon!

Riley you better watch out, I'm gonna be marathoning it with you soon! Hope I can be diligent and accountable like my little soldier girl, Christine, and see this thru!!

This forum is what's keeping me from eating myself to oblivion tonight!!

Go Chri's!!! WOOT WOOT! and Reggie!!! You my girls!!!

Go Chri's!!! WOOT WOOT! and Reggie!!! You my girls!!!

Thanks Riley we learn from the best (you). You set a good tone for us and we seem to be doing ok :tongue2:

I didn't like that Robin swore she never Snacks. i thought come one girl be realistic. Sometimes I think she feels like she has to be on a show and be this tough dietition and she is not being real..........I want all her wisdom but I want it to be real and genuine. Like Liz ya know. But I think that comes with experience and age. She is brand new out of college. And I think she mixes up consistent with attitude.

Not snacking tonight either. I drank to much Water and I feel like I need to roll to bed tonight..............I seriously was so thirsty I just kept going. Now I might pop!! LOL. Gonna remember not to drink so much tomorrow. I don't like to feel like roly poly!!! But it for sure has kept me full.

Reggie Nicole had that problem with not seeing herself thin to for awhile. I think it past!! Good grief we are all shrinking..................do any of you wonder once we get to goal than what?? I have wanted to be thin for so long that I don't know what I will do next or what my next goal will be once I am............weird thoughts. But I wonder if I will feel a let down since this has all been so intense and since I now have a totally new set of friends and support in my life.

Even when I am at goal I will still be posting way at LBT and hanging out with the "gang"........................I hope we don't all fade away at that point.

Ok headed to bed I stayed up until 1am last night cleaning out the closet!! Went out and bought a work suit for court today since all my works stuff is size 20 (I tried on my court stuff last night and it almost fell off me-I was happily shocked and promptly cleaned out all my 20's after that) Sorta like what Reggie says I think it still fits me and I love it so I let it stay in the closet. Last night I realized they won't fit me again and it was time to get rid of it all. BUt I went for the 18's today and they were to big too. The 16 is a bit snug but give me a couple weeks and it will be a perfect fit. Ok so at least I have a court outfit that fits.........and size 16 no less. I just hope I get to wear it a few times before I go to 14's. After 14 no more Lane Bryant..............back to Limited again!!! Yea!!

hey there everyone,

Seems like everyone is behaving....I had a long day my hubby had a biopsy today so I was at kaiser most of the day. He's a big baby and wouldn't let them do it without putting him out so he turned a 10 min office visit in to a whole days ordeal.

Anyway, I did ok with eating.

B/L-1/2 cup egg salad

D-6oz pork tenderloin & salad

20 min ago-1/2 cup chicken salad (why?)

I need to figure out how to break this compulsive eating. Before I know it, I've already inhaled it.

Candra I downloaded the C25k podcast I might try it and see how my ankles do.

yeah, Tina!! Size 16 - whoo hoo!! I'll take those 18's & 20's! Ha, we are the new sisterhood of the traveling pants LOL. Tina, I'll still be here when you reach goal!

Good, Jes, I worry about those ankles - like Heather's knees! Be sure to get something supportive - I think Riley had some problems with her ankles, maybe you could get some tips from her.

So, I hope your husband is ok - nothing serious. I can't believe he WANTED to be put under - unnecesary danger - why couldn't they numb the area?

Ok, I just had a nice little victory. I just went shopping and got home and poured a big glass of cold Water. Then I went to the cupboard and was looking for a snack. I looked at the wheat thins, cheezits, almonds, oreos, and goldfish and was deciding what I wanted. Then I thought "WAIT. Am I hungry? No... then why am I doing this?" and I shut the cupboard and came here to post that I was going to snack but DIDN'T.

YAY for will power! :tongue2:

hey there everyone,

Seems like everyone is behaving....I had a long day my hubby had a biopsy today so I was at kaiser most of the day. He's a big baby and wouldn't let them do it without putting him out so he turned a 10 min office visit in to a whole days ordeal.

Jes I hope all is well with our hubby. Men do have that "of the hook" talent :-). we are trying to be good lol.