Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Well I am not being good today. I ate a small crust or bread at of all places a resterant!! My duaghter was begging to go eat at Panera I got a salad but just had to taste the crust on her bread...........I PB'ed all the way home. Darn it I know better. My daughter told me if I thought Robin was a nag just wait until she got started. She told me not to eat that crust and I told I would be fine!! Darn it, darn it, darn it............mad at myself.

I agree with everyon sticking to 1/4 to 1/3 and as long as I don't go a bite over I feel great. I did get hungry But my protien is way up there now. Protien bar is not great tasting but has good stuff in it I need right now. I have been thinking three meals at 1/3 cup but I do need to figure the calories it might be to low. I am worried the 4 and 5 are a "SNACK" ..........da da da dum!!

It is HOT. 107 last I heard. I am in the house again I said forget the errands it is to hot and well honestly I had to come home and change my clothes anyway. I am just dont for the day!!

Candra funny about your husband wanting to walk with you. Jealousy was so evident it was funny!! Your gorgeous he has to watch you close!! So does he think that support groups will turn into rondevous?? LOL.

Chris you eloped how romantic!!

Nicole you getting enough Water. Hmm ya watch that being thirsty it should be dying down with all the water you drink.

SmallerJ I do know who you are. Wish we would have meet but next time. I hear the Richmond group is a good group. Tell me what you think? How is it different?

Tina, I thought you already discovered bread was a no-no. sorry you're having so much trouble - You should tell your daughter that she won't have to nag because you arent going out to eat anymore LOL I'm know I'm not cookin dinner tonight - way too hot in here.

thanks, Jes - I'll see you Wednesday i got housework to do to - my floors are discusting but I'm not doing it today! Too hot & lazy today. I think it's time to invest in central air!

It is hot even in Vallejo! I just spent the last two hours on the side of the road waiting for a tow trudk. My step daughter had a blow out (tire), spun out and landed in the ditch on the side of the freway in benicia - she called us crying hystarically like she had just been shot - She didn't hit anybody - there is zero damage to the car with the exception of the tire and she's not hurt but you'da thought she was on her death bed so we jumped in the car and raced over there. No Water to nothin and we were dying out there. She's fine - she had one of her friends pick her up and take her to work while her father and I sat and waited with the car.

Heather - good for you for trying to exercise in this heat! do you have a brace for your knee? Maybe you should just take it easy on it and walk or swim - maybe bike ride - some type of low impact stuff. I've heard that the knee is one of the MOST painful body parts.

Tamra, I hope you can work something out for next month to get to the sacramento Group - If you can it would be great.

I know about the bread and now I also know about the crust. I simply just wanted to taste it and so I did. I know better. LOL!! I learned the hard way. Panera makes the best bread which I won't get to try again.

Yea it is HOT, HOT, HOT. NO cooking here either salad and maybe making shaved ice with crystal light .....not sure how that will taste I have a shaved ice machine we get out on hot days but no more of the flavor syrups. I think crystal light fruit punch might work........

Riley they have a slushy machine at target. You pore in your drink and ice and it makes frappacinos or slushees . I was thinking about about your soy lattes in the morning. Not very expensive. I was eyeing it thinking you could put protien drinks, or soy milk and protien powder and have these great drinks.......than I thought slider and just came home instead. Stll thinking bout it though. would be fun but I would probably drink to many of them.

So the Richmond group is good, I’ve been 2 times. There are about twice as many people as yesterday. I think the 1st Wed is when everybody shows up. They have the pre op in one room and post op next door. Bev lead the last class I can’t remember who did it before. Anyway they talk about getting to surgery goal and everyone’s struggles. Some people offer up menu ideas blah blah… About halfway through the post op people come in mostly RNY but some banders. They go around the room telling their story, oh and they have before and after photos. Lots of them had their surgery years ago so that’s encouraging… When that’s over you mingle. I met this one girl (well my age) that hated her band I guess her Dr made her get it instead of RNY, which she wanted b/c she had some health issue (can’t remember what) plus she hadn’t lost much. Other than that everyone was real positive. I mostly approached the recently banded folks. I mean some were showing their ports and scars so I could get a good idea. ☺ Anyway it’s cool just a little different.

So if anyone’s ever down in this area on a Wed evening it’s worth checking out.

on the hubby note...mine said he was hungry so I got my lazy butt up and went into the hot a$$ kitchen and cooked, fish, french fries and a salad for me and he is still on the couch sleep!

something is in the air, maybe the heat is messing with their thinking process.

The heat must be messing with their thinking! Update. I've had the air on all day and it's now 84 inside. I'm going to the gym just to cool off!

Boy, it took me a long time to catch up with my girls. I definitely have a cold and all this mucus is making me feel nauseous. I have been doing good with my food. Today I had - br 1 hard boiled egg, lunch 1/4 c chicken 3 wheat thins, dinner 1 fresco taco at Taco Bell (hard shell, meat, lettuce, Tomato - no cheese - that makes it 150 cal). My kids and I went to a skating birthday party - I had Water. I didn't skate as my head is foggy from the cold.

It was fun to see some of you yesterday and to have lunch with Donna, Jess, and Candral. I ate the rest of my lunch for dinner last night. I definitely notice a difference after my fill. I can't eat much before I get that full feeling. Hopefully I'll drop some more weight this week.

Ah Pam you got a picture up!! Yea!!

Sorry about the cold. I hate being sick when it is this hot outside!!

Jes your almost to goal I just noticed!! Yea!! You and Candra might end up with surgery on the same day!!

Ah Jes you got a picture up too!! Yea. Ok has candra been helping everyone get a picture?? LOL

OMG girls! I'm reading the Twilight books, (better late than never, right?) and today I hopped on the bike and thought I'd do a little 20 minute workout while I read New Moon. I realized I was REALLY sweating and breathing hard (I was on a level 6, but still...) and I moved my book out of the way and I had been riding for 58 minutes!!! I don't know where that hour went, I was SO SO into my book! haha

So I finished another chapter and ended up doing 1 hour 10 minutes on the bike and then did my arms video with my 8 lbs weights (15 minutes long).

Breakast-venti Decaf nonfat iced vanilla latte 230 cals

Lunch-2 string cheese 160 cals, 3 pcs beef Jerky 60 cals

Dinner-1/2 cup chili, 1/4 c caesar salad, 1 tbsp chicken

I think that if you're already in a rocky relationship, that bariatric surgery will severe that relationship.

It takes strong happy couples to make it through such drastic changes, because we are changing.

I was never thin, Pat's loved me no matter what my size and me him. He was 160 when I met him, was 240 only a few short months ago and now he's down to 215. I finally weigh less than him and we joke up the scale going up and down and how one day i weigh more etc, but soon i'll be way below him.

He's happy, because I'm more confident, he hears the word fat a lot less and I'm happy in a bathing suit, even so far from goal.

I'm wearing dresses more often, flirting with him more often and not going out with my friends as much, without him. If I go out, I make it a point to hang out with our couple friends, but if I do go out by myself, he trusts me.

We'll be together forever, he stood by me during my toughest times during my pregnancy and I'm surprised he did. It's been 8 years already and we have many to go.

We are much more active now that I've lost so much weight, I want to go more places, more than we have gone before because I can fit in things, qualify for things (sky diving is on the list) etc.

But we also have to remember, if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Sometimes some things just don't work. And you both have to be happy, otherwise it's just not worth it.

Christine I do the same thing! I have been forcing myself to do my reading for school while I'm at the gym. If I do it at home I tend to fall asleep. Last week I told myself I was going to stay on that elliptical until I finished the chapter, and I was on for 1 hr 15 minutes! I didn't even realize it had been that long. It felt great.

I'm sure it goes faster with a book you enjoy! Since my class is only 9 weeks long there's a lot of reading in a short amount of time. Average is 3 chapters a week, and they're long. I always thought I read fast. Apparently not with this book.

I noticed something at the gym tonight. I decided I needed to walk on the treadmill since I'm doing a 5k on Saturday. I walked 30 minutes before my knee started to almost hurt. (I just knew it was time to stop) Then I got on the elliptical for another 30. The thing is, the treadmill was harder for me and I sweated more, but the elliptical felt better and said I burned more calories. Huh? Anyone else get this? My heartrate was higher for longer on the treadmill too. Maybe the calorie thing was because the treadmill didn't ask for my weight but the elliptical did. I don't really know. But it's funny, I can also read better on the elliptical.

I have knee problems and the treadmill is the worst. I always do better on another machine particularly the bikes or the recombrant bike.

Heather love your picture. Wow everyone is getting their pictures up!!

I am loving all the new pictures ladies! It took me forever to figure out I had to upload it as an avatar - I thought all I had to do was make my prifile pic public -LOL

Just got back from my evening walk - we didn't quite make it to 10k tonight - 9,043 - ah, but Jes, I checked out the bridge and it's 3,300 feet so since we walked ther & back that's at least 6,600 feet. That doesn't count walking to the bridge from the Dead Fish nor the extra we walked to the street on the other side - whoot whoot!!

Heather & Christine you are rockin at the exercise and reading. I wish I had your guys energy. Walking is about all I can muster up at this time. Heather, If I'm thinking of the right machine, on the eliptical, you don't pick your foot up off the pad, right? that makes it a lower impact than the constant stepping down on your foot on the tread mill so you should stick with that one and forget the treadmill - better for your knee - I'm worried about that knee of yours.

I am so ready to hit the shower then the bed - but I just can't seem to get my fat, tired, lazy butt up to do so.

On the hubby thing - we went to the store and he bought potato chips, rolls with icing on them and apple jacks - this is how he eats !!!!

B.. Protein Shake

L.. 4 oz serloin steak 2 tbsp ranch dressing

D.. 1 skinless chicken thigh, 5 mushroom caps with 2 tbsp Ranch dressing.