Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Insideout: My orientation was fine. Lots of information , but nothing I didn't know before going in. Some of the questions were ridiculous, and obviously those people were not prepared to take these steps. We saw a video of the two LB and RNY, I was convinced at the end of the day that LB is going to be my choice of procedure. Pretty good overall!

Momcof:

Thanks for the insight, my fear is the hunger part and the fact that the LB doesn't curb that. I'm wondering if they can do the fill sooner. So you are allowed a snack?

Edited by reggie71

No, I am not allowed to have any Snacks, but sometimes I have one anyway - I just don't write it down on my diary - which I know is cheating. But when I wrote everything little thing down on my food diary and still lost weight, I got scolded by my surgeon. From what I know, they don't do your first fill earlier than 6 weeks after surgery as they want you to be healed and then I guess it is up to your surgeon when you come back for your second fill. I had 1 cc already in my band and he added 3 ccs at my first fill so now I have 4 ccs. A lot of the posts say that some people get fills of less than 1 cc at a time, but I think Kaiser does more each time, but you don't get them as often. Has anyone else gotten a fill yet at Richmond?

LOL, sometimes you have to do what's necessary. Keep up the good work.

Momcof3, who does the fills, the surgeon or someone else?

Riley

LOL, sometimes you have to do what's necessary. Keep up the good work.

Glad it all went well! Work hard and you'll be at goal in no time :confused:

Sheena

My surgeon did my fill. Next Friday I have an appointment with Robin the dietician and then one with Dr. Im my surgeon - so I am assuming the surgeons do the fills. I don't think I'd want the nurse to even try it. :confused: The surgeon put it in and should know where it is so he should fill it.

MOm do you feel the band? Someone told me that as soon as she woke up from surgery she could feel the band in her body and wanted it out. Do you actually feel the band all the time in your body? I was under the impression that you don't know it is there except you feel full quicker.

Recovery some are saying it is hell and they regreat their decision. HOw was your first week or so?

I don't feel the band at all - never have. I can feel where the port area is with my hand. The band is on your stomach which is under your liver so I don't know how anyone could feel it. Yes you are reminded it is there if something gets stuck or if you are uncomfortably full. The first week I used the Lortab faithfully. I did sleep in the recliner for about 4 nights and was up during the night some. I wasn't really starving hungry until about day 4 or 5 - but I stuck to the plan. I just got used to the rumbling. It took about a month before I wasn't ultra tired.

Hi Sheena,

It was so nice to meet you last week. Thanks for all your support. I see you are almost at Surgery goal weight, congratulations!!

Reggie! We warned you about the stupid questions:) Were they stuck on alcohol, caffeine or cigs???:cool:

You are going to be at goal soon i bet!!!:regular_smile:

Wow are you all lucky to have gone to Richmond which is where I wanted to go. I am at Kaiser So. San Francisco and have now gone 4 1/2 months and still do not have a medical, psych, or surgeon appt. They are so backlogged. Maybe I need to start all over at Richmond.

Laurel

Oh that's so disheartening, Laurel. I'm sorry it's been so long for you. So you've gone to orientation but still haven't received an appt since then? Maybe you should call and see if they've lost your paperwork or forgotten about you, that happened to someone on this board.

Have you lost any pre-op weight during the last 4 1/2 months?

It's nice to meet you! Hope you stick around. :cool:

Laurel, you poor thing! This is no fun especially waiting for almost five months. I would definitely look into Richmond or as Christine said call and find out where your paperwork is? I wish you the best.

Reggie! We warned you about the stupid questions:) Were they stuck on alcohol, caffeine or cigs???:wub:

You are going to be at goal soon i bet!!!:coffee:

LOL! Yes you did and yes they were stuck on stupid with the cigarette, alcohol, caffeine and gum. And yes fried foods. :tongue2:

You know I think Kaiser Richmond is slowly catching up with SSF Kaiser. I think Richmond's ability to get people through within six months maybe coming to an end here soon. Especially with the new referral process.

I would ask how the timeline at Richmond before I gave up my spot at SSF. But do call. My paperwork got lost at Richmond.....they said there were so many, many, many referrals coming in, in December that they were backlogged.

Does anyone know about Fremont???