Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good job Heather! I always bring socks in my purse if I'm wearing sandals or flip flops so that I can NOT weigh with my heavy ass shoes on. Just a tip for next time! It's exciting to do those weigh ins, every one you do gets you closer to the big day!

Socks weren't an option! I'll know for next time. I'm going to start weighing my shoes... lol.

HEY GIRLS! MY GOODNESSS CHATTY CATHIES!!!

Ok well im not going to say a darn word about this "liquid diet" all i can say is im not doing so hot on it, and thats that. BUT i dont feel crap! No stiffness nothing, whatever. Crazy i did better on the 5 day pouch test then this... I heard the reason they want it to be clear is so if you do vomit excessively if it has color you know something is wrong.....

Oh well:D

OK< so i am a june 23rd girl:D Tina ill be there with you, and are you guys serious im the only liz fill! Damn it! It hurt like a BIOTCCCCCCCCCCCCC yea hi dont need to fiish that. Well i get in there and they give me a cover so all was good on teh dress front, dr baggs was suprised that i dont have the cold person syndrom though.. i said heck no its 105 at home lol:D

Then i lay down and relax and liz starts to do the stuff! Oh my goodness.. she first off didnt numb enough so i felt allllll of the fill. AND GIRLS, it is painful, if they ever ask to do one without lidocaine reject! Finally baggs took over and stuck it in my port easy as pie.. but then she removed my Fluid 5.6 and then added 1 cc so he said im probably right at 7.0 since some stays in.

They said im doing Awesome, and that im doing something right, and glad im still a part of the group, and made me feel really good, you know they are good at that:) until we fail lol.

Then we left kaiser and went to the job fair it SUCKED like always, but he got some VA stuff taken care of finally and is applying at the Va Hospital in mather, but he also got an interview call for monday at 1pm. So we are going to san jose for that, but i still have mine for tomorrow. So who knows maybe things will look up:D

I still cant believe im officially in the 180s its freaking amazing how fast we shrink.. i wnder if we got chubby just as fast???

Can you guys believe that guy told robin about the cigar!!! oh my i thought she was making her own ulcer.. i felt bad for her. And i agree i like liz more now.

I am excited to see everyone this coming sat, ill be bringing clothes also:D

Ah Nicole sorry about the fill hurting. Mine didn't really hurt but Dr. Baggs couldn't find the port this time so I am really bruised up this morning. He did tell me that he was gonna do better next time. I told him he should not have said anything and I probably would not have known...........

I can't tell a difference this morning either. I will wait a week or so for it to kick in. Hoping for no more PB'ing and some weight loss so I can get more of a fill next time.

Nicole your doing great. What is that like a 6 pound jump downward??

Liz was talking to me the whole time during the fill and got me laughing which didn't help Dr. Baggs.

They did give me a hard time about admitting to eating bread. I thought we could eat bread toasted?? I told Liz it was toasted and I still PB'ed on it. But than Robin asked me about eating bread too. Sorta confused on that one. But I don't eat it anymore now anyways!!

Yea this liquid thing is not fun. But I have done good so far if you count the protien shake last night. But I am gonna drink those until I get rid of the whole case I bought........I need the protien and they have been sitting them since January when I bought them for pre op. Drinking two a day than eating dinner and I finally dropped two pounds so I think maybe the liquids and no carbs and high, high protien has my body back to losing again..............I hope.

I'm nervous but excited to eat breakfast! I just have to wait another 45 minutes cuz of my thyroid pill...boo.

I really like losing 2.5 lbs overnight! Bring on the fills!!!

Wow, it took me ten minutes to read all the posts from when I left yesterday. I met with Robin for about 45 minutes and we had a nice chat. I only lost 5 lbs since I was there mid January. I was upfront with her about the food I have eaten that I shouldn't have. She asked if I was journaling my food and I told her on and off. Yes I did tell her everyone says she is mean. She seemed surprised - I told her she doesn't raise her voice, it is more the tone. I told her I was 47 and didn't need a mom or a dad (Dr. Im). She wasn't aware he scolded me the first time - so I told her shaming won't help. She said although she would prefer I don't eat Snacks, if I do, I need to write them on my journal and also write the time I ate it and how I was feeling at the time (ie anxious, sad). I told her I would be honest and do it but only if I don't get criticized about it next time. She said ok. I received a 1 cc fill which brings me up to 7 in a 10 cc band. Dr. Im was really nice to me (Robin must have told him what I said) and he said he can't really put any more in the band - although it is supposed to hold 10 ccs, the plunger pulls the Fluid out if he tries to put more than 7 ccs in. He agreed 5 months in between my appts may have been too long. I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast and lunch yesterday and then last night - I got home at 6:45 pm from Richmond - I had chicken broth and a sugar free Jello. I had a massive headache when I went to bed and my stomach was talking to me. I ended up staying home from work today as I still have the headache and I think I picked up a cold somewhere. But the scale is down 3 lbs from yesterday. My stomach isn't growling this morning - wierd.

Hey Pam so it didn't go to bad. Funny cause we told Robin the same thing at the group meeting and she seemed shocked!!

Well it can only hold 7cc's?? Really?? so at 5.5 or so I am almost full?? Hmm I am gonna ask Dr. Baggs next time about that.

I have been on liquids since yesteray was starved this morning and having diahrea probably from all the liquids!! LOL. Had a protien shake and I am ok for now. I am gonna stay on liquids until I get really hungry.

Christine what you lost 2.5 overnight. I want your fill!! LOL. I am the same weight this morning which is good. I have been so up and down the last week that I am happy to be firmly in one place for now. I have been fighting the same 5 pounds for weeks. Now that I am not so up and down maybe the scale will start to go down. I have been the same weight for 4 days now!! And the Kaiser scale was only one pound more than my home scale so I know I am right on.

I plan to stay on liquids until I can't stand it anymore and I am only eating protien.........sorta a 5 day pouch diet but twisted with the south beach thing Christine posted. I serious need to stop the carbs!!

OMG Pam, that so sucks that a 10 cc band only holds 7 cc's!!! I had thought it was the other way around, that you can actually put 12 cc's in a 10 cc band. Yucko . . . . without these fills to jump-start my losing, I would be at like 1 lb. a month!

Yay I bitched yesterday (and bitched, and bitched) but my scale dropped like 5 lbs. overnight!!!!! Yay. Now to maintain it . .. . I had gained QUITE a bit back with my NASCAR experience, I was 205 on the Kaiser scale yesterday and 199 on my scale this morning! It's at least 4 lbs. overnight . . bring on the liquid diet, I say!:thumbup:

OK I just changed my ticker . . it has been 23 days since I dipped into one-derland, and it took me until today to get back there again! Sheez. Maybe I'd better listen to Robin - seriously - and stop snacking!

I am almost postitive now that she has a Lap-band, when we were all talking about our ports yesterday I could have sworn I heard her say, "my port" and then stop. Swear.

Riley I found some clothes!! Thanks so much!!

Still not feeling any difference in restriction but I am sore from the fill all around the port. I think this is because it was so hard to find it yesterday and I got poked a bit.

Ah Nicole still thinking about you getting poked my Liz!! You poor girl you were the guinea pig!!

So is Liz gonna take over the fills?? Hmm...........I like Liz but I hope Dr. Baggs still keeps his patients. I do know Kaiser is getting alot of people filled at other places when the insurance changes and that is probably time consuming.

I want to ask what is going on with the fill and why they are training Liz to do the fills??

Ah Pam I have a headache today too!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Today is my big interview day go figure i had nightmares all nite long.

Tina what do you mean jump?? I was down 13 lbs since my last fill according to their scale... I just hope i can keep up the wieght loss, they said its gonna start gettin harder since im closer and closer to goal:(

OHHH... you are a brave woman! Liquids for longer, goodness i couldnt do it i get so dizzy and nausious. AND that doesnt make since that they said anything to you about the bread! I eat bread and i told liz, and i dont have to toast it. They didnt say anything to me about it...

Oh well i better print out my resume and start thinking of getting ready for an interview:D

Yay Tina, so glad you found some stuff!

I asked him yesterday if it was normal to have redness and brusing around the fill site, he kind of guffawed and said, "oh you mean after I have been pushing on you and prodding you and stabbing you twice? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty normal!" He is so funny.

Liz asked if she could do me, I said I wanted Dr. Baggs to do it, he said that was fine I could always have him do it. She was not bent out of shape at all - I told her she could try it next time. I have no idea why they are doing this, but I do think it's because they are getting all of these non-Kaiser patients that they have to do fills for now @ the Pinole MOB.

Good luck today Nicole!!!!!!

Yes i was the damn guinea pig and sounds like i was the only one! Whats up with that! OK, so i asked, and he said he should always be coming, but for such a large group like we had she would be able to do 1 while he is to make it go faster.

Riley 5 pounds overnight!! Seriously I want someone elses fill!! LOL.

Ah have a really bad headache today. I did start taking my blood pressure meds again today and wonder if the headache is related to that. Going back to bed I think. Between the diahrea and that headache I wonder if it is the flu............

Riley maybe the weight gain was just Water weight??