Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Nicole - I was told even with my classes being in Walnut Creek's Shadeland office (small small place), the surgery only takes place in Richmond. It's pretty much the same as I work in Richmond but live close to Walnut Creek. LOL. I just want to get to the first inital class to really hear info, ask questions and determine if this is right for me. I have a fear of dying during surgerys, and getting put to sleep scares me as well.

Maybe its just me being dense, but . . .I think the 5-day pouch test is for RNY folks, not us bandsters. liquids and soft Proteins for 3 days defeats the band, it doesn't re-develop it . . . . the last 2 days are hard Protein though, eating like that for 5 days would probably be a good thing! Very Atkins-esce

Tamra, they will only do the surgery (& all the appoinmtnts that go with it) at 4 No Cal locations, and if they sent you to Richmond then stay with Richmond! Our wonderful Dr. Baggs is there :smile2:

Tamara did you find out where the surgeons are located? Maybe this place is like the dr office we get our fills done at...?? I think all of us were scared to death of it all at one point, surgery, fills, surgery, death, surgery, being put to sleep, etc. We also all were scared of the idea of loosing weight first because we all struggled with maintaining any loss we ever got. So girl yuou are 100% normal:D

I will agree the band isnt for everyone, you still have to "diet" and work ur butay off... it just helps u control how much you eat. And for some people makes them change some things.. But unluckily for me i can eat anything.....:thumbup:

Glad you joined our team!

Hey girls one more day!!

I didn't do well on the 5 day test. I got way to hungry and dizzy so I stopped. I don't know if that is to healthy for me being vegetarian and all.

Ok well down 2 pounds in a month but at least not up. Still don't know what Robin will say. But ah well here we go.

I went to the mall tonight with my daughter got a salad only ate half cause the band stopped me ......ya know that last bite syndrome was coming on so I stopped...........was dying of thirst and took a sip of my daughter 7up..............just to clear my mouth. First of all way to sweet and sticky tasting but...........OMG I was in the bathroom with in one minute. I was instantly sick..........yuck, yuck, yuck!! My daughter was mortified I had to do this at the mall..........she told me mom serious you should know to prevent this by now.

Ah yea know I was feeling no restriction the last two days than today it hits again............crazy!!

I have doing liquids protien shakes all day with ice...frappicino like and yummy and had a salad tonight......but since I switched to Water I have been so very thristy all day long. I can't drink enough water and thus my indulgence at the mall at subsequent visit to the pot!!

see you all in two days!!

So it sounds like none of us have been able to do the 5 day test and make it:D It is nice to loose the quick weight again, i dropped 3 lbs in the 2 days i made it...

Christine found a Plateu diet on here for bandsters, i think ill give something like it a try, my prob is im addicted to fruit and vegies.. so im gonna keep those in my diet...

Where is the plateau diet found?

Where has Christine been? I haven't seen her post for awhile now.

Here is the link:

Plateau Buster Diet Questions

and this is the diet:

How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#3 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?)

Peanut Butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free Jello

broths/bullion (sp?)

crystal light drinks

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

Im not sure why shes not on here..

Plateau Buster Diet - How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts (8 cups) of Water a day

#3 - You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement AND all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5-6 times*a day:

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese/cottage cheese

plain yogurt or artificially sweetened*

Peanut Butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free Jello

broths/bullion

crystal light drinks

For Vegetables eat from only this list:

Broccoli, cauliflower, green Beans, spinach, Brussels sprouts,

Asparagus & Cabbage

For fruit choose only from this list:

Cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon and strawberries

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily *

I'm here girls, just have been super busy with fun summer stuff and lots of weekends out of town. I'll be there on Thursday for the fill appt, I'm starting to be able to eat more (up to 1 1/2 cups) and am ready to get a little bit more restriction. I find that I fill up on the amount I'm supposed to, but sometimes I can LET myself eat more if I'm distracted or snacking.

I've had a pretty great beginning to summer so far. I've gone to Six Flags 5 times and have gone on all the rides I've wanted to! I've started a MUCH more intense workout routine and am feeling so energetic. I have gone to the public pool 5 or 6 times and haven't batted an eye! I'm really loving my new body and have been SO much cooler so far too.

Good morning everyone!!

How is everybody feeling today? What is this diet I am reading, this is for when your weight loss stops? It almost sounds like the 2 week beginning of South Beach, which I did and lost 15 lbs. Carbs are not my friend so when I cut them out I am and loose, but the minute my friend bread comes back lol I gain! darn you Panera and your breads!!! :thumbup:

Nicole - Park Shadelands is small, so I assume the fills would take place there. I really want everything to happen @ Richmond so I don't have to miss tons of time @ work, not in my budget :thumbup:

Question - They told me Gastric is covered on our insurance, but is the band???

Yes the band is covered thru kaiser.

I am doing good just tired, and anxious for tomorrow:D

And yes Tamara Plateus suck.. so we all look for ways to break them.. we even have a gastric friend and she plateud just as bad as us, so apparently it happens with either surgery.:thumbup:

You should come to our fill tomorrow! So what is the actual date of your orientation?

Hi again - I have a "class" 7/17 @ 9 am. That's all my doctor told me was "I am putting you in the class if you want to learn about it". So I don't even know if this is orientation, a simple class, etc. This was a new Dr. and I was not very fond of her. So I have no idea what I am in for! She couldn't tell me much. But I have heard I will be there for about 4 hours??

Sounds like its orientation. Especially if you called richmond and they told you when theirs was. Otherwise we would all take a class. The orientation basically teaches you about weight loss surgery, the pros and the cons. It is a tool they use to weed out people not serious so dont let them scare you off:D

The PCPs with kaiser are not always the most educatied, mine didnt even know why i was seeing her after surgery and if i remember most of us are that way.