Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi !

even though I use the Martinez Kaiser I assume this would happen for me @ Richmond.

Can you walk me through what happens? So far all I have is a class 8/20 that my doctor enrolled me in. What is it? What happens after? Am I in for a long wait?

Welcom Tamra!

How long your wait will be kinda depends. Some of the ladies here went through in about 3 months. I don't know how long I have, since the surgeon wanted me to lose a lot more than 10% of my body weight before surgery. I got my referral from my PCP and had orientation with Richmond about 3 weeks later, and had my surgeon appt about 3 weeks after that.

You'll love this group, it's so much easier to stick with the pre-op diet when you feel supported!

I should be there this weekend too. Might have to leave a bit early since I have company coming over for lunch...........

Yep candy I hear ya!!

Hi Tamra - thanks for joining in - the more people we have to support each other the better and you won't find a better group of ladies than the ones I've found on here!!

The time it takes really depends upon you & your surgeon. You should get your surgeon apt at the end of the orientation class - at least, Heather and I did. Once you meet with your surgeon he will make a Psych apt for you and tell you how much weight he wants you to lose before you get banded. Then it's up to your body as to how quickly you can lose the required amount of weight.

DO NOT TRY TO LOSE WEIGHT BEFORE ORIENTATION! THAT WILL BE YOUR STARTING WEIGHT. Then, start the diet asap! That will get you closer to your surgery goal weight faster.

I am not banded yet - I have to lose 6.8 more lbs - I did great at first but now my old body is like - forget it - LOL. Pay attention to your body because the pre op diet doesn't work for all of us - in fact, I gained weight on it - it is made up of primarily carbs and I can't do carbs so I had to switch up to a more Atkins type deal.

There is a support group this Saturday in sacramento - I live and Vallejo and can drive you if you need a ride but It's very helpful to meet others and have their support - I feel it's like being in AA where you have to change all your friends - I can't really hang with my old group of girls anymore because they just want to go to eat, drink & party - That's what got me fat in the first place - LOL

Yeah, Heather & Tina - I will be there Saturday too - Donna, can you at least make it Saturday??

Good Mon Morn 'Rich'mond Ladies....(and more, hehe)

Candra, hey, my Italian sista, the family gathers...I must be there! Hey! Hehe, yes I will, so bummed bout Thursday, I absolutely cannot miss Saturday! Does anyone want to plan for cold tea, Water, or even Soup for the filled after?

Pre-op Patients...if you havent decided yet...or are researching this is a great place (here posting) or just have many questions... also at the Saturday meeting!

KAISER Point West Medical Offices

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

(Meeting the 4th Saturday of each month)

This meeting is open to Kaiser AND NonKaiser members!

Hope to see you all there, oh... AND a clothing exchange too!

Have a good day of healthy choices!!! :(

Edited by roseyyyd1

Oh, ladies - my scale hasn't moved in a week! So close but yet so Far away - grrrr!!!!!! Oh, to be 25 again when the scale moved all the time - up and down LOL

I just caught up on 3 days of posts. Whew. I will be there on Saturday for sure.

I went to Super Wal Mart with my son today after my daughter's award ceremony and bought a tank top. I am going camping the 4th of July weekend and I will be wearing tank tops while there - which is a big deal for me to bare my arms - but what the heck, I don't know the people there.

I have been doing better with my food and exercise, but I am still stuck at 218. I am thinking of going on liquids starting tomorrow until after my appointment on Thursday. I have Muscle Milk Lite Protein Drinks so I will try that. My appointment is at 2:30 and who wants to weigh in the afternoon? Not me.

This is my fourth day home from work (counting the weekend) and I sure don't feel like going back tomorrow morning. I am getting used to sleeping until 8 am.

I am using the last of my protien drinks this week too Pam. I got them before I knew they were off limits...............gonna finish them this week and than not get them again.

Ok so thought I could have a crystal light slurpee and than noticed it says carbonated drink..........what??? ARe you kidding......I guess back to the popsicles again.

Hi thanks for the info everyone!

Does everybody have to loose weight before the banding? I would assume you dont have to loose alot right? I cant loose weight thats why I want the band LOL

Ok here is the downlow on slurpees........crystal light no less. I am sad but glad I know that facts. It is FULL of carbs!!

Nutrition Information per Serving

Cup Size 12 fl oz 22 fl oz 28 fl oz 40 fl oz

Calories 50 90 120 170

Fat 0g 0g 0g 0g

Sodium 75mg 135mg 170mg 240mg

totalCarbs 11g 21g 26g 28g

Sugars 0g 0g 0g 0g

Sugar Alcohol 2g 3g 4g 5g

Protein 0g 0g 0g 0g

Vitamin A* 0% 0% 0% 0%

Vitamin C* 0% 0% 0% 0%

Calcium * 2% 6% 8% 10%

Iron* 0% 0% 0% 0%

*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet.

Statement of Ingredients

INGREDIENTS: WATER; GLYCERIN; PROPYLENE GLYCOL; SORBITOL; POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE; MALIC ACID; CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR; DRIED YUCCA; HYDROLYZED OAT FLOUR; SUCRALOSE [sWEETENER]; CALCIUM PHOSPHATE; CALCIUM CHLORIDE; SODIUM PHOSPHATE; SALT; XANTHAN GUM; GUAR GUM; CARRAGEENAN; RED 40; SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA

[PRESERVATIVES].

Hi thanks for the info everyone!

Does everybody have to loose weight before the banding? I would assume you dont have to loose alot right? I cant loose weight thats why I want the band LOL

Hi Tamra,

Welcome to the group. Yes you have to lose at least 10% of your current body weight. Don't diet until your orientation. When is it? You can lose weight, the band for most part is only a tool to help you get to your desired weight , don't be fooled even with the band you have to work at it (right Ladies?). The good new is that we have a wonderful support team here and we are all in the same boat. :blushing:

Cheers,

Reggie

Tina,

Girl friend you are hillarious with your carb research good info. I hope you are doing fine along with the rest of the team.

Hi Tamra,

Welcome to the group. Yes you have to lose at least 10% of your current body weight. Don't diet until your orientation. When is it? You can lose weight, the band for most part is only a tool to help you get to your desired weight , don't be fooled even with the band you have to work at it (right Ladies?). The good new is that we have a wonderful support team here and we are all in the same boat. :blushing:

Cheers,

Reggie

10% omg. I am 270, so I would have to loose 27 lbs? I have NEVER lost that much before, I wouldn't even know where to begin :confused:

I have the class July 17th. I am not even sure what it is. Can you tell me? Also, how long is it? I plan to shoot to work right after LOL I work in Richmond but the class is in Walnut Creek.....

Any info would be super helpful!

10% omg. I am 270, so I would have to loose 27 lbs? I have NEVER lost that much before, I wouldn't even know where to begin :blushing:

I have the class July 17th. I am not even sure what it is. Can you tell me? Also, how long is it? I plan to shoot to work right after LOL I work in Richmond but the class is in Walnut Creek.....

Any info would be super helpful!

Girl,

You can do it. I started at 337+,I lost 37lbs before surgery and I am currently at 274 only five weeks post op. When you go to the orientation, they will give you a pre-op diet to follow, let that be you tool. The program works, some of us had to doc it up a bit. I personally don't do well with carbs at all and so eating less of the carbs helped a lot and the weight loss was quicker. It is a four hour class and be there ontime.You'll get a lot of information and will have many questions after. We will be here to help get them answered. If you want to get in earlier I would call Richmond and ask if you can attend the earlier orientation. That's what I did.