Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I hope to get an appointment soon. I have only lost 5 pounds. So hard to be motivated when I hear nothing for three weeks. I know I need to just not worry about that and do what I have to do but I kinda feel like getting people moving in the process is not a high priority. I am trying to change the attitude.

Just want to feel like something will happen. To hard to stay on this crazy 1200 when I don't have a end goal to look forward too. Not to sure how the lap band can help if I can't stay motivated for three weeks!! LOL

long, hard process as they warned in the orientation!! LOL

You poor thing! I think that are catching up there tho; a gal in my support group got a call from Liz this afternoon asking if she could come to her case manager appt. tomorrow, and if she is at goal weight still, surgery will be in 2-3 weeks! Just like that! After she had been waiting 6 weeks for them to give her an appointment after her surgeon visit. Sweet! It WILL happen :thumbup:

That's great news for your friend! How long has she been waiting to get the case manager appt? I hope she's still at goal and gets in for surgery soon. Keep us posted on her or better yet...send her over here to talk to us!

I hope it all moves quickly for all of us!

I plan to call Kaiser today and get an update on what is going on. I talked to someone else in my group and they said they also have not heard anything or gotten a call yet.

She called to try to get an appointment as well but they told her they will call her and not to keep calling. LOL

I guess we are a persisten bunch!! By time most of us get to orientation we have already made up our minds and done the research. I thiough about it for six months before I even went to orientation and by the time I did I had done the research and made up my mind this was the way to go.

But I do think alot of people at the orientation where still undecided and rather clueless!!

SWRKTP,

When was your orientation? My understanding is that they are calling appointments for the people who were in orientation during the holidays. So if you are in that batch then you may be getting a call soon.

[quote

I guess we are a persisten bunch!! By time most of us get to orientation we have already made up our minds and done the research. I thiough about it for six months before I even went to orientation and by the time I did I had done the research and made up my mind this was the way to go.

But I do think alot of people at the orientation where still undecided and rather clueless!!

I agree about the clueless and undecided folks. These are the people who hold up the appointment spots, they probably get called first lol, while we sit and get restless. That's too bad for us.

REGGIE:

My orientation was December 16, 2008. I am hoping to get an appointment soon. They told me to expect a call on Monday but nothing so far. I will probably call them soon.

My paperwork got lost before the orientation and I had to call to get included in the orientation as well.

Thanks for the update!! So your a SW too?

I just called Richmond and they told me that they are not scheduling appointments for the December group for 2-3 more weeks. I commented to them that last week they told me to expect a call this week and I laughed and asked if they backlogged. They said they were and it was gonna take some time and not to expect a call for awhile longer. They said to call back in 3 weeks if I have not heard anything by than...........

They need to open up something in Sacramento this is really crazy!!

I wonder how refills go after surgery if it takes this long to get a call back. Hmmm.............concerning.

I hope once things get started it goes fast. That is what it sounds like.

Cool I hope you get your call soon. Yes I am, where do you work?

Update: Dr Baggs made it where i dont need to deal with the Bariatric Educator, but i do still have to wait till the 2nd for my case management appt, and they have no cancellations:(

They need to stay consistant with their info.

Crazy how busy they are. Sounds like your having the same issue with waiting Audsmom. Just a different place in the process. I was hoping for a march surgery but I am looking more at May or June with this timeline. Maybe even July. Wouldn't be all bad but still I want to get healthy sooner rather than later and I need some help.

I work for Sacramento Assessment Center.