Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I don't think Fisher has any ratings on there, just Dr. Baggs I think. I think he is the main lap-band guy, although I have friends who have had both Parks and Im for lap-bands and really liked them!. I had Dr. Fisher at my orientation.

Purees were for the dogs I agree..........I chewed my food really, really well and was fine with that!!

Yah its crazy with Ty in Soccer and pre school and then going back to work you know its hard to keep up!!!! I miss you guys though.....can we all get together soon? I know last time was a bust.....I'm off Thur and Fridays....

And Tina you look great!!!! Your working hard and it shows...you know everyone is different

candy I had the same thing, lost a bunch at first then gained back weight before my first fill! They put the band around the fat pad on the outside of your stomach, and when you lose weight that pad melts and yes, the band gets too loose! (Christine can explain this better!) So you lose some, they cinch you up, you lose some more, they cinch you up some more - it's a GREAT system when you think about it! Soft foods are better than purees - although I'm a puree rockstar, I'd put ANYthing in my magic bullet - and it will get easier, tofu is what worked best for me on softs. and egg salad! Then you will be ready for your fill!! When is you fill appt.?

Wow Tina, what a great review on Dr. Baggs! I wish I had your way with words, he sounds great! And it is all true; I researched and chose him for the same reasons you did. I just wish I had wrote it! I'm ready to hire him & have surgery all over, lol! Good job :-)

Found a much easier way to get there, click on "find a surgeon" in the little orange box on the top right of any page, then click on the bandsters tab at the top, THEN on create my profile. WHEW!

LOL Riley I write court reports for a living and have learned how to "pursuad" people to my way of thinking!! It is a skill or a gift I don't know which..........

and you and I both know I did so much research on him before I decided. I really, really think he is on top of his game............I think excellence needs to be pointed out and noted. To much negetive in the world everyone needs to hear the positive!! :-)

Ok I am gonna try to fix my bandster profile. I got kicked out before I was done.........who knows why

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!!

Ok so i am back, but too tired to read it all.. anything imp???

So i got on the scale it says 1lb more lol, oh well not bad for drinking wine and eating more calories then i have in 6 weeks....... oh well:) Back to the way of life!

My dr appt got canceled for my knee she had a baby! Go figure!!! So im gonna call and switch PCPs to someone closer to me, all recommendations im ready to hear:D I need to get in, im starting to hurt thru the brace, and NO i havent been doin anything!

Ok nite yall

Weekends are rough! My aunt's 60th birthday was yesterday. We had dinner at Fat's Bistro which is amazing. I broke all the rules yesterday. I drank Water at dinner, drank with a straw, and had a bunch of chinese food. Then had dessert. I figure I was still pretty conservative with all of it, and in my mind if I don't have something like this more than once every few weeks, I'm going to be okay. I also think it's a "last meal" thing. I'll enjoy it and not make myself feel guilty.

And I have the pre-op appt with Dr. Fisher on Thursday.

no guilt once you have the band that won't come so easy......enjoy it now, just not to much!! :-)

I had my last diet coke the night before surgery so you know I was enjoying my freedom right up to the end!!

20 down your doing great!!

Ok here is the Special K loaf: It is a veggie meatloaf but sadly I think the Cereal and walnuts do it in for low calorie:

I am still looking for the lentil loaf. I just throw it together but there is a recipe and I am trying to find it so I don't lead you astride with my instructions....... :-P

I LOVE this stuff, but sadly it has been months since I had it. I really don't know the calories but good with potatoes and veggies or salad............ah I am hungry now but waiting until morning.

Special K Loaf

Written by Jennifer Lawson

Sunday, 18 February 2007

5 c. Special K cereal

5 eggs, beaten

1 c. chopped walnuts

1 lg. carton cottage cheese

2 tbsp. McKay chicken seasoning or onion Soup mix

1 lg. onion, chopped

Chopped celery, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions with 1/4 stick of margarine. Mix all ingredients together and put into greased pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Freezes well. Reheat for 20 minutes when frozen.

Hey girls, wow it's busy on here lately. I've been so busy for the last week and this next one is gonna be just as crazy! It's the month of birthdays in my family and we have 9 bdays in June plus my anniversary...nuts!

I'm back on the wagon, not snacking anymore (was counting on a mid morning and mid afternoon snack)...now I'm either doing 3 meals or 5-6 SMALL meals adding up to the same amount of cals either way and it's helping a lot.

I'm also back on my 6 day/week turbo workout and have started adding weights into the mix too. Gotta tone up as I lose all this weight so I can prevent as much loose skin as possible!

Looking forward to my fill in a few weeks, I'm starting to feel like I can eat more than I should, but I'm still being a good girl...however I'm eating more like 1/3 cup of Protein instead of 1/4. 1/4 just doesn't cut it very often.

Hey Chris missed you!! I know it is summer and everyone is getting busy.........can't wait to see everyone the 25th!!

Great idea with the weights. I am starting to get loose skin and hate it. Weights seems very logical. I think you rock on cardio I still get breathless after a mile walking around the neighborhood!!

Any new blogs? I check you blog off and on for updates. Nicole you have any new updates???

Ok I got up this morning and feel much lighter. Than I noticed my PJs are way to big on the waist this morning..........never mind they are mens PJ's!! I gotta go find my scale..........I am liking this fill thing.....working for me!!

I hope I can move my ticker again soon!!

off to work gonna be a long day working till 8pm...........

Yay Chris, you are back! Holy brocolli, that's a LOT of birthdays! Happy birthday to you, AND happy anniversary!

Hey what size are you in now? I am bringing clothes on the 25th . . . .

Riley- I took your advice and called Kaiser yesterday afternoon to see about an appointment with a counselor to get a grip on my emotional eating and frustration with food. I went to a Quicktrack appointment this morning at the Elk Grove Kaiser where there were 12 of us who filled out paperwork/questionnairs and then a psychologist talked to us in a group and then we individually saw doctors. Luckily I was #2 so the whole thing took an hour. I talked to a woman who can't prescribe medication, but I can't remember if she was a licensed therapist or what she was. We talked for about 1/2 hour and she said they have a psychologist who specializes in food issues and it is near and dear to her heart. So now I am going to see her on June 16. Hopefully this will get me out of my funk.