Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh I love lentils had them last week....good to know the portion size since my 1/4 cup dry make way, way to many!! I put them with cottage cheese but sausage sounds good. I eat alot of the morning star sausages so I have them around.......

Lentils are my favorite. I could live on them!! Just that I want more than a 1/4 cup of them. Seriously I can't eat more than that without PB'ing big time still. But that is a food I feel sad I can't have seconds.....

I make a lentil loaf thing with cottage cheese, eggs, and breadcrumbs that is yummy and makes good sandwiches but I can't figure out what to replace the breadcrumbs with post op to make it work......

But OMG I love lentils. I just so can't eat much of anything right now...........a blessing in disguise!! But I had to throw a pot of lentils away yesterday they taste awful the second day!!

Yummo, I want the recipe for that lentil loaf. It is SO nice to be transitioning back to veggie, and SO much sooner than I thought! Really hard to be lo-carb vegetarian tho, and that's the rub. I can't do wheat - not the amount in like bread, and definately not seitan - so it's even more of a challenge. But as long as I can have enough soy I'll be fine.

I have to limit myself to 1/4 cup also right now, which just makes me eat 6 times a day instead of 3! For me, "full" - this new "full," which I DO NOT LIKE - feels like I am going to get stuck, just not as intense. Definately not the old full satisfied feeling down in my stomach, this is up near my throat!! The problem is that I usually have another bite chewed up & ready to swallow by the time I get that feeling, and it is HARD to not swallow that bite, but if I do, I am guaranteed to PB. Unfortunately, I can also drink a little something to move things through, and then eat several bites more, RATS!

What does "full" (or "done") feel like to you? Do you have any signs, like burping or hiccuping or anything?

Edited by riley4183

Hey Riley I will ask my mom for the lentil loaf recipe. I have lots and lots of vegetarian recipes like Special K loaf.....which sounds awful but is so good. I grew up vegetarian so I actaully like all the soy products and veggie loafs.........crazy I know!!

My problem is the same as yours I was reaised with to much carbs and not enough protien so it is hard to learn how to do this now. I am really still learning and Robin does help me out alot...........she had me try tempah which is not bad but looks terrible, tofu (which I am trying to like) and cottage cheese (;-P)..........I don't like eggs either but I can now eat them every morning...if it comes to a chicken or an egg I gotta go with the egg......LOL

Riley we are in the same place. I have been eating three meals and snack but I get hungry too. I definetely CANNOT eat anything past 1/4 without extreme pain and PB'ing. I did it again today darn it. It is that one last bite and yep it was already chewed up when I realized it was not gonna fit in my pouch.......in a resterant can't spit it out. I swallow and than sit there in pain for 10 minutes...........I mean berating myself for not learning from the day before!!! OMG this is crazy stuff but I am losing a bit so I am happy with the band just not my measuring abilities.

But yep it is almost stuck full, not a full full!! I so get what your say, I totally get it!! Sorta nice to have someone else there with me.............sorry your hurting but at least I know my band didn't slip or something!!

I am gonna see how it goes in a few weeks. I might not need a fill............but I will trust Dr. Baggs with that one. As long as I can have my crystal light........

lentils are great! I want that recipe too, Tina.

Ok, I know you are a vegitarian but Pork rinds can be used in place of bread crumbs sometimes I use the spicy ones for chicken. Also, I put a recipe for some carb free rolls on the group site & I use those when I make dressing for Thanksgiving instead of bread. i just put them in the oven or when I'm really lazy the toaster to dry them out a bit. When they get overly dry they get really crumbly.

I tried a new cawliflower recipe tonight for a sort of mock spanish rice (without the rice) Not as good as the real thing bu good enough - tried to put it in the recipe section but it's over 1000 characters so it wouldn't let me - if anybody's interested let me know & I'll email it to you.

Oh Tina yay - i mean, i'm sorry this sucks for both of us, but it's so nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way! The top part is full to hurting, but the bottom part where satiety lies just feels so . . . empty! Nonetheless, I managed to put away 900 calories today, drank some of it though. Hit the soy milk pretty hard trying to get the Protein up to 60 grams w/out meats. It's hard to do when I can eat so little!!

Will we be ready for little baby fills in 3 weeks? Well, if we keep not being able to eat, you betcha! I am 2 days without PBing now, but I force myself to stop way before I want to! And honestly I'm not exactly starving . . . . as long as the PBing is gone, I think I will be able to take another .5 cc in 3 weeks. But if he comes in with 2cc's in that thing, I'm gonna flip!:(

Candra I did read that recipe for rolls on our group site, YUMO!! I'm bummed that they limit us to 1,000 calories tho! :( Maybe you could put the ingredients in one post and instructions in the next one?

Oh Riley if I get the hiccups than I know I have gone to far and ate to much already..............everytime hiccups than PB'ing...........

But if I wait 10 minutes than I can go back and finish my food.........I just realized that today. I am full most of the time though.........not eating 6 meals but I am less than a week out from my last fill. That might come.........

Ok so I can say I know what restriction is not exactly what I expected but I don't eat much and I am not hungry...........head hunger I have because why else do I take that last bite or feel bad when I see that yummy food sitting all lonely on my plate after I am full.............

I think I will be ready for a fill because I expect to learn when to say when here soon..........

Hey I found out how to rate our surgeons! It's round-about . . .click on "Bandsters" at the top of this page, to the right of the search screen click the button to create a profile for yourself, once you have done that and said who your surgeon is, a link appears on the right to "rate your surgeon!"

oh crap "bandsters" is not at the top of this page, it is one of the tabs at the top of the surgeons pages. What a pain . . . .

Holy brocolli, did you know that this thread has over eighteen thousand views??? 18,000+!!!

Hey Riley - it worked - did two separate posts & shortened it as much as I could.

18,000! WOW

I'm gonna hafta check out Dr. Fisher....

Hey everyone!!!!

First day back to work!!! It went great alot of people noticed that I had lost but just said oh yah with you being off and eating good and stuff you look great!! It was nice!!

However I have not lost anything in almost 2 weeks....I was loosing a pound a day for awhile and now I have put on 3 pds now.......I can eat way more than I should and I'm starving in between meals!!!!! I told Christine today or I should say asked her if maybe I lost so much at the beginning that maybe my band is not tight now.......does anyone know if that could be the case?

Tomorrow Robin is suppose to call so I can move up to soft solids (which is pretty much what I have been doing) that puree stage is for the cats SERIOUSLY....... :(

ANYWAY....hope everyone is well...I haven't been on for a few days and its hard to catch up on all the posts :smile:

Ok I rated Dr. Baggs...........tricky to figure it all out!!

I noticed that his reviews already havd 37 views interesting.............

I think our forum here has alot of lurkers..............I wish people who join in too!!

WHere is everyone this week? Nicole, Reggie, candy, Chris, Heather, Donna.................where did everyone go?

candy I was there. A fill makes a world of difference!! Hang on.....................girl you still lost more than me:-P I seriously think I had the worst post op weight loss of all of us.................I was discouraged.

But this week things are better. YOur fill is very, very soon.......

Glad work went well. I wondered where you were!!