Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

GOOD MORNING Y'ALL!!! I am so glad I was refered to this thread by Tina. You ladies are awsome!!! Where is the meeting on June 25th? and what time?

Reggie- thanks! Lemon in Water? That's what I do, but again you guys are post op it might be different. But I hope you still can because I love my water with a lemon slice in it.

Tina & Candra- I speak fluent Spanish I can help with anything you get stuck on. You'll love speaking spanish, I myself would love to learn French.

Riley- Thanks for the warm welcome! I live in Elk Grove about 15 minutes from Sacramento. Anyone here from Elk Grove? I am looking forward to meeting Dr Baggs, I actually didn't choose him he was assigned to me. However, I was hoping to get him becuase of all the positive things I heard about him. Maaan! I can't imaging being "thin" I see you all and that is just amazing to me. I am very excited and petrofied all at the same time. How will people see me? how will I see myself? I know one thing I know it will be the BEST feeling ever to be able to be more active and feel more confident. Especailly job hunting..I was laid off recently and havent had luck finding a new job.

Hi marquint...

I'm in Elk grove.....I am post op...had surgery on monday will be 4 weeks...I haven't been on much in last few days...all these women are great!!!!

I also had Dr.Baggs in fact I believe most of us did!!! I was assigned him also...but sooooo glad, he is awesome!!!!

I'm from Elk Grove too, born & raised!

Good Morning Ladies!

Nicole: I'm on the no bfast & midnight snacking league! I see a pattern here - guess this is what got us where we are today - LOL. AND NO THEY DIDN'T BRING UP BODY ISSUES!! I know me & I would have made some smart ass remark in return. Wish Mike luck for me and the septic tank issue is a blessing in disguise! Enjoy it!

Jes: No Worries, Girl - I'v been gaining weight on this crazy diet - I have figured out my errors and in the last two days lost 1lb - it's SLOW for me to. But, it will come off!! We are in this together - I'm very thankful for the girls on this site that have been thru it already and their eagerness to help!! What is this Richmond group meeting you speak of?? I will be there at 3:30 to meet with Dr. Fisher.

Riley: I am so with you on the chin & body hair - yeah!!

Maria: Thanks for the offer - I'd love to learn spanish! My sister in law speaks it fluently too. She's not helpful at all, she has 4 children and she didn't teach any of them to speak spanish - it's such a helpful tool when looking for a job too. You'll find another job soon enough!!

Tina: Hope that headache is gone. Hope all is going well for you at Kaiser - I'm going to check out your new photo album today. I started logging all my food yesterday - maybe you can tell me where I'm going wrong - LOL

Heather: Social group sounds great, now I just got to figure out how to get to it & work it - LOL. My scale is finally going in the right direction too - only down 2lbs but down is down for me hahahaha

Reggie & Candy: I sure hope recovery is going well for you two - I hope I am as successful with the pre-op diet as you both were!!

Sheena: You did it! It's all down hill from here - well, maybe not but life will be better!!

Ok, so I never use to eat anything till about 1:30 or 2:00 - the last few days I have eaten Breakfast and have been hungrier! I ate breakfast this morning around 7:30 and now my stomech is growling & it's only 11:00. Is this normal??

It's ok, though, my new book has taught me that it's ok to be hungry for a little while untill lunch time :thumbup:

Wow! good to hear there are many elkgrovians here! I was thinking about joining some type of aquatic class or dance class at the center on Bruceville Rd are any of the EG ladies down for that?

Also this question is for anyone who has the answer..where is the Sacramento group support meeting held???? and what is the time???

I know it's the last saturday of the month but that's about all I know. Please help... Thanks

Also..I am having a hell of a time figuring out what the heck to eat!!! Welcome any suggestions? I was going to make the family.. turkey meatloaf with green Beans and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight (of course I wont be eating the mashed potatoes grrrr!!) I was going to have a 1/2 baked potato. I'm weighing everything sticking to my 3oz of protien etc., but I just cant get creative enough.

The most challenging part is dessert!!! is it ok to eat Kraft sugar free Jello pudding? I think it's only 60 calories per serving or should I just say bye bye to all Desserts. I get soooo frustrated!!! sorry guys I'm just venting!!! Dessert is my weakness.

Candra-I felt the same way today, I drank LOTS of Water and my hunger pains werent so bad after. I think the book your reading is very helpful I need look it up.

Hi Maria,

The meetings are from 11:00 - 1:00 at Kaiser Point West. 1650 Response Rd, Sacramento.

Wish I could help on the creative eating issues but I'm not there. I don't think you are allowed dessert. I was told 3 meals a day only. But one of the pro's on here will know better than me.

I'm a no carb person. Carbs just keep me fat! You can read back about our spaghetti squash if you haven't already done so - LOL. I'm a big fan of it and also Ricotta cheese.

Last night I had a frittata. 2 eggs, 1 oz cheese, 2 oz each, Tomato, onion, bell pepper & mushrooms. Today I have a 1/2 bell pepper stuffed with the same veggies from above with 1oz cheese melted on top & 2oz of pork chop for lunch. Breakfast was 3oz fresh mozzarella (the kind that comes inthe Water pack) & tomato slices rolled in fresh basil leaves. The thing I have the hardest with is eating Proteins first. I'm not a huge meat eater - not a vegetarian - but always carbs - grrr!

These ladies on here lost so much weight on this pre op diet they will surely be able to tell you some of the things they ate!

Self help books never really worked for me before but this one seems to be right on. I have always treated my hunger as an emergency! I would think, "my stomech made a noise - stop everything and grab the first edible thing you can find." This book says to talk back to that little sabotaging voice in your head - it works!

But yes, my tummy is growing - quite loudly! This is really a new feeling for me since I never use to let myself get this hungry before - LOL

So, I just got out my big jug of Water - thanks for reminding me :thumbup:

Hi Candra,

The richmond support group meets on the 1st Wednesday 6-7:30p. We break into 2 groups pre & post op. and then meet at the end as one large group. I only attended once but I liked it. I was able to meet other ladies with a similar situation as mine and ask questions about their progress.

Have a nice afternoon all. I'm surfing the net to try and get my mind off the fact that I'm still hungry after lunch.< /p>

Jes

PS how do I add that signature you all have? I may as well put it all out there :thumbup:

For the signature you need to go to your profile. In the box under your name you'll see the customize profile link - click on that & on the left side under the Settings & options box you'll see the edit signature link - click on that & type away!

I don't know how to do the weight loss ticker yet, though :thumbup:

Hi Jes! Click on one of our counters and it will take you to the website where you can make your own, it's FREE!

I lost 43 lbs. pre-op on the 1200 cal diet, except I replaced ALL starches with Protein and reduced calories to 900 for the last 2 months I was on it. I also walked 4-6 miles a day, every day. How long it took me to do it is in my siggy . . .

The funny thing is, even though I walk/jog 4 miles a day + walk an additional 6 miles every day now, and eat an average of 900 calories a day, I was losing fatser on the pre-op diet! Of course I am down nearly 80 lbs, so it is harder and harder to lose a pound. Grr!

Tina, what happened @ your fill appt.???

Hi Riley, Girl, where do you get the energy??? I would love to know how you got started on that walking/jogging regiment. I've been trying to do the 10,000 steps thing & I've gotten up to 7,000 only - I have no idea if that is even a mile! I thought after a week or so it would start to get easier but it's not. Did you follow some type of endurance program?

Good Afternoon Ladies -

Wow - I just read over 11 pages of posts to get caught up. - I was camping over the long weekend and then on a field trip all day on the 26th. I am finally caught up at work from being gone - funny how no one does my work while I am gone. :thumbup:

I too live in Elk Grove.

I have an appointment with Dr. Im and Robin in the afternoon on June 25 - I need to check my reminder card because I believe it is in Richmond. If I read right aren't some of you seeing Dr. Baggs and Robin in Pinole the same day?

Glad to see some new friends have joined us.

Pam

Yay Pam, you're BACK!! What is going on??

Yes, most of us Dr. Baggs girls we have a "group" nutrition appt. + fill in the morning at the Pinole office on the 25th. So either Robin has to go back to Richmond - it's not that far - or Dr. Im is coming there for the afternoon?? Dr. Baggs told me to ignore whatever the appointment card said and go to the Pinole MOB at 9:30 . . .so you may want to email Dr. Im & see where your fill will be! If you are going to be in Pinole we should all meet for a clear liquid lunch, LOL!!!