Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra that is so my eating habits too..I'm not a Breakfast person but after 2pm watch out and lock up the cupboards cause I'm on it!!! and I'm especially not a Water drinker either!!

Maria

Candra we are indeed twins.........LOL.

I hate breakfast. Didn't use to eat most days until 2 or 3 and I snack at night out of boredom!!! Things change after surgery whether you like it or not.

I eat breakfast but still struggle with munchies at night when I am bored. Gonna take a spanish class in the fall to keep my busy at night. Maybe go to the gym this summer. Need to be busy until I get sleepy to defeat my bad habits!!

ohhh what the heck was her name?? a very small gal..but the doctor was Dr Park she was great and I loved the slideshow. I was bummed, my husband missed that part because he had to sit out with our son in the lobby. We had to take him last minute. It was a long meeting but gained a lot from it.

Hi Newbie :thumbup:

Ok, so Tina, Maria & I are triplets!!

Maria, I just went to orientation two weeks ago and am struggling with it - the first week I gained weight! Took it off & gained it back! Grr! It is truly a whole new world and I'm trying to learn the language. I can't be much help to you right now but tina & the rest of the girls are AMAZING. They are always ready to help!!

Hey Tina, aren't the meetings in Sac the 4th Saturday of the month???

It's funny that you said you were looking into spanish lessons - I'm trying to learn Italian. I got CD's - the classes are like 500.00 and I need to save that for my Tummy Tuck later - LMAO. Maybe we should put together a "Midnight Support Group" for the late night snackers.

Wonder if Sheena's out yet!!

Oh your probably right Candra the LAST saturday of the month Maria.......sorry.

I was thinking Rosetta Stone I did that once and learned alot but stopped doing it halfway through. I need Spanish for work. I understand alot but forget talking back .........AND it would keep my busy at night.

I think Nicole once wanted to start a midnight snacking group!! LOL. That is why staying home a month after surgery got hard at the end. I got bored the last 4 days and needed to get out of the house!! :-)

Hi Maria, welcome! Where are you from, Sacto area? We have bucco support groups up here in N. Bay (Santa Rosa area), but may be too far for you.

We love Dr. Baggs! You have made a great choice. I lost my pre-op weight before my appointment with him, but then I saw the psychologist first then the surgeon, so I had 2.5 months to lose it in. Once I saw him tho, he totally fast-tracked me, scheduled my appt. with Liz the next business day and she scheduled my surgery 3 weeks after that. It goes FAST! Even tho I went through the 14-week surgery prep course through Kaiser up here, I still kinda wish that I had gotten a better handle on my head hunger before now . . . . so maybe it went too fast. But I am 100% happy with my band, and you are 100% right to find a support group, it is the #1 indicator of success!

:thumbup: Riley

Oh your probably right Candra the LAST saturday of the month Maria.......sorry.

I was thinking Rosetta Stone I did that once and learned alot but stopped doing it halfway through. I need Spanish for work. I understand alot but forget talking back .........AND it would keep my busy at night.

I think Nicole once wanted to start a midnight snacking group!! LOL. That is why staying home a month after surgery got hard at the end. I got bored the last 4 days and needed to get out of the house!! :-)

Tina, YAY for the new pic! The last one just didn't look like you :thumbup:!

Will someone please bring a camera to June 25 so we can have another group photo?? Oh and maybe someone can take a head shot for me & tell me how to set it as my avatar so I don't have to have the COW anymore!! LOL, I love my cow avatar but it kinda sends the wrong message :cry_smile: since I don't chew my cud anymore I mean :wub:

I did the Demo for Rosetta Stone & it was cool - I got the CD's from Pinsleur so I could put it on my Ipod - I got most the way thru it then stopped - It's been so long that I don't even remember 1/2 of it - That's my other MO - I get bored & don't finish what I start - hahaha.

Hey, Riley - this book I'm reading tells you to talk back to your head! Say: Do you really want 5 minutes of pleasure or a lifetime of thin... something along those lines. It's cognitive therapy - only on page 34 though - it's a little boring to read.

Oh, Yeah.... Love the new skinny picture - you look great but I'm calling you all kinds of names under my breath - LOL.

Dudette, Candra - that sounds like a great book! That cognitive therapy stuff has worked for me in the past. Which book is it??

It's "The Beck Diet Solution, How to Think Like A Thin Person" The cover is Neon Pink. They say a good self help book can be better than years of therapy so I thought I'd give it a whirl. Last night I told myself that it's ok to not feel Stuffed! It's ok to be hungry, it won't kill me & it's not painful. I was able to talk myself out of snacking until I passed out - LOL We can pass it around - I will finish it by the next meeting - Tina gets it then and then you can have it after her :thumbup:

Way cool! I will look for it & get it, my monthly support group up here has a lending library so I will just donate it - thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Hi Bandsters,

Can you tell me if we can put some lemon juice n or Water or not?

Hi Maria Welcome!