Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is doing well. Just checking in. candy my port incision is poking out as well. I plan on using aloe vera hen they heal because I can get colloid.

Well this is gross but I have been experiencing diarrhea since yesterday so I can't say i understand being constipated. My stomach is rejecting the cream of chicken Soup, so I will be trying clam chowder today. Please pass on any stage II recipes that you may all have. Also I realized that cold Water ad cold stuff i out for me for now I am actually drinking warm-hot water wow.

Nicole I'm glad things went ok with the in laws. You really do look great!

Candra, keep up the good work you will be there in no time.

Sheena: You are in my thoughts, may the Good Lord be with you through this incredible life change.

Hey Nicole glad it went well. Again they have to be nice to you because your the mama of that sweet baby. So if they are smart they will keep on your good side!! If not than you can just walk away at anytime and that gives you all the power.............maybe a few pounds back you were not so good about standing up for yourself but now your a whole new person. I for one KNOW you have this covered. I think the fact that you lost the weight and have stuck it out shows them you mean business!! And obviously it made an impression on them if she kept commenting on it................sorta your actions are speaking louder than your words. But again you in control girl!! They can only get to you and make you feel like less than you are if allow it!! If things get bad again you can always just tell them what they did and set your boundaries and let them know if it happens again you have to walk away than do it!! They might not like it but they will respect you and know you mean business!! They can either chose to do the right thing or not have a relationship with your family. That is a bit lose for them!! YOu can't control them but you can totally control what kind of enviroment you put yourself and your family in!! Girl you have this one in the bag easy I have no doubt you have this in the bag!! ;-)

Another two nails broke this morning. Peeling is like the top layer of my nails just is peeling away. The strong part so after it peels my nails are sort flimsy, weak not healthy. Like the acrylic nail thing only I don't have the nails to blame. I was wondering about cleaning products I use since I have been on a cleaning streak here...........but I sorta think it is surgery related.

Edited by swrktp

candy Constipation at your stage..........yep I had it. I use benefiber everyday now but I think you have to wait a few weeks for that. I think it is the food change. The first month I was constipated. Never any diarrhea though Reggie.

Changing stages was a huge temptation for me as well. I got tired of pureeing and the same foods over and over. Again I liked the Soup stage I found purees harder to do. I have also probably experimented to much with food. Well salad is my perfect example. I have had it three times this week. I am thinking how I could replace it. But my stubborn mind says it healthy and why, why, why can't I???

It makes me full but I grew up with salads and no meat so maybe what I think is full is not the same as full for everyone else....................

Reggie I found after surgery I only like warm liquids. Not cold so I hear ya girl!! Weird because I drank diet coke alot with ice and loved it.................

NSV- My underwear is falling off me again!! (TMI I know) second time in six week I have to make another trip to Lane Bryant, maybe next time I will be able to go to victoria secret!! The elastic just doesn't hug me anymore........Maybe I should ask Dr. Baggs to measure me instead of weigh me.........how embarrassing would that be!!

Yep I see Robin this week and Dr. Baggs. I think I am working on 1/4 cup this week and not so much counting calories. I have been counting calories and estimating the size but realize I have it all backwards..............cup than calories.

I feel like I am starting to make the band work!! LOL. But I have had some mess ups for sure with all this protien and vegetarian stuff.............again maybe four months was to fast for me to learn it all but I am finally getting it down!!

Hi Ladies,

I need a quick response please, what should be the consistency of the Cream of Wheat??

Edited by reggie71

sorta runny/water Reggie at your stage. I found I didn't like it as much runny but you go girl!! :-P

I seriously can't believe I have had no diet coke in six weeks.............I am in shock!! I feel like it was only yesterday. Funny thing is my mind is telling me I still love it and that it is still my favorite drink. When does that stop??? If I had a sip I know I will have to drink the whole six pack so my addiction is sadly not cured!! I think I am probably just still in the detox stage!! I am still an addict on a dry spell.............LOL. Hope that craving stops soon!!

Thanks Tina!! I hate sound like I'm totally whinning but did you experience any pain/discomfort in betweenyour left shoulder?

Tina six weeks without diet coke is a milestone, you can kick this I used to drink soda instead of Water for years and I was able to kick the habit. Now soda tastes so nasty to my needless to say that I may never again have it.

The nails splitting and peeling is a nutrition thing. I used to get it when I was 14 and a vegitarian. But I wasn't a healty vege, I was just being rebelious so I basically didn't have any Protein. I even saw the doc about it and was told it was because I wasn't eating a balanced diet. As soon as I started eating meat again it stopped. I haven't had trouble with my nails in over 10 years now.

Reggie....you are not complaining at all...trust me I was worse!! :lol: I totally had pain there....like soreness...I was told it is from the gases that they bloat your stomach with during surgery...it triesto escape and moves all over your body...I want to say it to me like a week or two before all that was gone...

Girl you are not whiny you just had major surgery!! I will tell you I had it right under my left rips and I felt like I was a ballon about to pop for almost two weeks. It hurt so bad I was almost in tears at times............gasx and vicodan only dulled the pain but it hurt 24/7 for awhile. I think your shoulders must be gas too.............

I hated to walk because it hurt so bad but when I walked I would belch and fart away (TMI I KNOW, I KNOW) and it would be instant relief!! But I seriosly paced my backyard for about 15 minutes at a time than had to sit down because it hurt so bad!! It took alot of walking to work it all out.....another think I did was pull my knees to my chest and just hold it like that for awhile to push the air out that worked too but so glad no one else was home at the time........LOL.

All of a sudden I woke up one day and it was totally gone. I know for the first two weeks every time I eat the gas got worse.........and seriously though it was gonna push up through my chest it hurt so badly..............somehow I survived it one day, one hour at time. But OMG it hurt...........

Walk and Gasx my friend!! And contort your body into strange positions to push it out!! I won't tell!! LOL

Ah Heather thanks but what your saying worries me. I agree with you it is a nutrition thing................I am gonna talk to Robin but I have got to change my diet I am pretty sure about that!! I don't want this to be a long term thing.........Robin to the rescue I guess I just don't look forward to telling her since I don't know where it will lead!! But hey I wonder if I should get some bloodwork done while I am out there to see...........

HEy girls I didn't get an invite to the 25th group thing yet!!! LOL What is it? Should I ask to come or maybe they will tell me this week about it..........I have jury duty that day but hey...........health before jury duty so know I have a reason to opt out of it!! Seriously I already tried to claim health issues but not sure it will fly. I hve been out of work for two months almost I need to stick around to catch back up!!

Oh and Reggie try that yoga position the upward dog that works too to get rid of post op gas..........but the only thing is that my incisions were still sore so getting back up took me another 15 minutes!! LOL> But that helped too...........

candy and Tina thanks for the affirmation because I thought I was going bunkers.I'm glad I'm normal. Gasx makes me nauseous My husband bought cinnamon flavor.

Tina the nal thing will be fine once you get the nutrients under control. Are you taking your Vitamins?

Yep Vitamins, calcuim and B12. Think I am gonna have a Protein Shake today just to up the protein...........I have Protein Powder and I think I am gonna start adding it to everything I can at least for awhile...............

Ah Candra I am laughing so hard right now. I actually thought that squash Pasta came packaged and was just squash made into pasta............LOL. i had no idea it was a real veggie!! I guess you can see I am not real cook.........thanks for the laughs!!