Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Everyone!

Great day back at work! Didn't get tired like I expected. For lunch I had sliced turkey deli meat and well it didn't go down that well. For 40 minutes I spit into the bathroom sink and some towels at my desk. Thought the food was going to come up but it didn’t. I sort of was wishing it did as it was somewhat painful and uncomfortable. I spit out a lot of saliva and some stomach bile came up but no food. I'm having the same meat tomorrow for lunch so I’ll only eat half and wait 30 minutes or so before trying some more.

Beautiful day out! Hope everyone is doing well. Just a few days Laurel! You will do just fine!

Sorry that you had to go through that John. I don't know how it would work with the sleeve - with the band drinking something when you have that stuck pain but it won't come up or go down will make the Water come back up and either the food too or just the water, but the food usually moves and you feel better.

Hi Pam - I'll try that if it happens again. Hopefully it won't. :unsure: As much as these episodes are a discomfort, I'm so grateful for the restriction. I'm told that it takes about a year for the Sleeve high pressure feeling to subside. With the Sleeve when you eat thickdense foods you really feel the restriction starting in the stomach thus the high pressure zone since the stomach is so small.

Since the Sleeve restriction is in the stomach I would imagine it’s a bit different feeling then the band restriction but the PB'ing and food backing up in the esophagus is probably similar. It’s a learning lesson but one I am quite happy with! Thanks for the tip!

Hey everyone - just saying a quick hi before I head home.

John - glad 1st day back at work was good. I agree this whole thing is a learning process. I haven't had the PBing pleasure yet but am sure it will happen eventually ; )

Heather - wow - can you bottle your energy for me! You rock. sounds like the knee is much better.

Laurel - jitters before the surgery is normal - we all went through it. Tam said it best - the band is just a tool - there are no magic answers. It is hard work to lose weight - the band is what is going to help us and help us keep it off.

Tam - please stop beating yourself up. Guilt is a bad word and serves no good purpose! You did great with what you ate so far today. I also have had a better food day - no snacking. I am also thinking of doing no grain carbs - I think the crackers that I have been having are triggering me. But mostly it is head hunger - stress hunger - not real hunger.

I am getting excited to see everyone! So I think I have Candra, Jess, CoCo, Mo, Ashley, Tamra, Heather, April and Riley coming. Let me know if I missed anyone. Also if you need me to repost the directions to the wetlands.

Athough they didn't cut out part of my stomach - my pouch above the band in essence is my stomach and food doesn't just pass through it unless it is a slider. The rest of my stomach below the band has only felt full maybe 4 times since I got banded 1 1/2 yrs ago and that was when I had a truckload of icecream and once when I had kettle corn. Did they give you any suggestions how to make the pressure discomfort better or how to avoid it? I haven't read anything about the sleeve - only know what you guys have posted.

Pam - I don't remember anything, maybe Lee might know. Lee? Eating slow, chewing well, and sticking to the correct size portion probably helps (which I’m doing).

So far the two most severe pressure moments have come when I ate new food for the first time since surgery. The doc said the pressure will subside after about a year. I would imagine even after a year if you ate too much you would feel the pressure. Terminator is working that’s for sure. Got to love it! Hopefully I’ll loss another 20 pounds this month.

Wow John you got this. Glad your 1st day back was good. You beat me to wishing you a one year orinent-aversary :unsure: Can you believe it's been a year already? I'm somewhat disappointed that I'm not where I wanted to be but heck I'm a whole lot further along then I would have been without out all this. Just got to keep at it.

Pat I'm sorry I won't be able to make it on Saturday. I've really been struggling with my achilles heel. walking short distances really hurt and I'm afraid if I start out on the walk I'll pull it more. I've been on my elliptical in the mornings and that's fine. I tried going for a short walk at lunchtime today and I was in pain. I'm sorry I'm going to miss it, I really do enjoy my walks and would love to see you all. Have fun...it's going to be a beautiful day.

Wow John I didn't realize you would slime/PB with the sleeve so much ;( I still havent done it, knock on wood.

So here's todays meals:

Breakfast: None

Lunch: 3 oz corn beef

Dinner: 3 oz corn beef, and a scoop of broccoli. I have no idea how to measure 2 tablespoons or what that equals in weight.

Hello everyone,

Tamra, you did great with your food today!

John, Robin said to start with 1/4 cup when on soft foods. When I tried 3 oz of meatloaf I was way too full but didn't slime. Today I ate 2oz and it was perfect and kept me full for 4-5 hours. Are you measuring your food? I think you are. If yes, cut back the portion size and see if that helps. I kept my portions really small today and did great. Maybe I have a bigger sleeve than you! It looks small in the pics but who the heck knows. I'm really concerned about the very low Protein at this stage.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Lee, how are the non flavored Protein powders that you mix in your Water?

Tam-Tam-today looks like it was a great food day!!!!

Great job on the food tamara! I noticed no starbucks today...that is awesome! You can do it and this is a great start.

John, sorry about the episode; keep writing about it as I am learning through you and Lee.

Nighty Nite:wink2:

Morning all - checking in before I try to get a bunch of things done today - rv tires checked, oil change, etc. I had a cup of dry Kashi Go Lean for Breakfast - it works great to get "things moving".- also has 9 gr Protein per cup.

Tamra - good job with food choices yesterday - it is really important to eat breakfast every day - if your calories get too low your body will think you are starving and hold on to everything and not lose too.

Lee, how are the non flavored Protein powders that you mix in your Water?

Ash, some people like the unflavored protein. It kinda makes me gag. If you put it into hot liquid, you need to make sure the liquid isn't over 130 degrees or the protein will clump. Mix the protein in a little water first before you pour it into the hot liquid. I had some in chicken broth and could tolerate it and also put some into hot chocolate once. Overall just the thought makes me gag so I don't use it. I may need to start again. I've never had it in water because while it's unflavored, it still smells like protein. I'd rather just mix the flavored with water or organic unsweetened soymilk (trader joe's 3 carbs for 8 oz) because at least it tastes ok that way.

Pam ~ I will work on breakfast hehe :frown:

Today I went and got a coffee, had too. But will be eating 3 oz hamburger meat for lunch, and same for dinner, just not sure how I am going to fancy it up! ideas?