Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

John that is scary!! Glad your okay!

I am in carb overload, I cannot stop EATING!!! I did great until I started watching TV and wanted a snack...here came the good ol wheat thins, graham crackers, and stupid cake URGH!!!!

I made a pact with Nicollie we are bustin our azzes this week and all the way until she sees Dr who and I see Baggs in May... i cannot let this not work for me!!!!!!!

Pam- I so enjoyed our walk today! I must be getting more fit, or my MBTs must really be working for me because when I did that same walk a month ago I was sooo sore afterwards. Today, I feel great! And you're right, today was a beautiful day. I'm glad we were able to get out and walk and your daughter could come too!

I remember in orientation they said you have to weigh your Proteins before surgery but to measure them after.

Nicollie's wedding was wonderful. Reggie hosted an amazing reception, it was great to see everyone and share in Nicole's special day.

Yep, John that was a pb episode. I don't know much about the sleeve - are there certain kinds of food you won't be able to eat? I can't even eat a tiny bit of cornbread - tried a tiny bite once at a restaurant and off to the bathroom I went.

I went to Winco this morning already to get donuts as a treat for my kids - boy they smell good. I thought about having a bite of the custard one for a minute, but decided against it. I bought some crunchy taco shells for tacos tonight - I can eat one taco with ground beef and cheese if I eat it slowly. I also bought some of the Michelina lean gourmet frozen meals - they are only 98 cents each at Winco - I got the salisbury steak/mashed potato one - it is only 210 calories and is just the right quantity. I will take them for lunch this week - I also got the shrimp scampi one. I know there is alot of sodium in them (before someone tells me that), but they are good for a change in menu once in a while and keep me full from lunch until dinner.< /p>

Hope everyone is having a productive day - laundry and I will be friends for most of the day, but I am going to make it to the gym and outside for a walk.

I forgot to ask Heather - what is a MBT? Yes you are definitely fitter - I am so proud of you for doing so well with your exercise and food plan - you will succeed at this for sure. :thumbup:

My MBTs are the shoes I wore yesterday. They're like the Sketchers Shape-Ups. MBT stands for Masai Barefoot Technology. They're supposed to simulate walking in sand or moss. So our bodies can walk the way we were meant to.

Hello All!!!

WOW what a weekend! Home from Tahoe and Husband gone to WA. WE had a amazing wedding day. Reggie hoested a reception for us that I would have never imagined possible It was absolutly beautiful. I couldnt believe it when I walked in.... (did anyone get a picture of that lol) Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Candra, Donna, JEss, HEther and April It was AWESOME having you there and thank you SOOOOO Much for everything you guys did to make it the most special unforgettable day EVER!!! I cant wait to see all the pictures.

Tahoe was awesome. Although it took us 6 hours to get there with chains on it was all worth it. We had so much fun in the car ride up there it made the time fly by.

I cant load pics on my computer at home so I will have to do it at work tomorrow. Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.

Oh and BTW Im back on my game this week. I NEED a fill and I am praying I get one when I see the Doc on Friday. Luckily my Messups these last few days didnt put any weight on me but I still have some to go to get to onderland and thats my goal this week. Tam Tam we HAVE to kick butt!!

CoCo, I'm so delighted that you had a wonderful wedding and weekend. Big Congratulations!!

Yep, John that was a pb episode. I don't know much about the sleeve - are there certain kinds of food you won't be able to eat? I can't even eat a tiny bit of cornbread - tried a tiny bite once at a restaurant and off to the bathroom I went.

Hi Pam - The Sleeve has a list of foods to avoid that is the same or similar to the band list but that particular list is geared towards lack of nutritional value. The band has a small list of items to avoid because they can cause blockage. Since the sleeve restriction is in the small size of the stomach there are no foods to avoid that would cause blockage. With that said the foods that cause blockage on a band are not of much nutritional value so you could say you shouldn't have them with a band or sleeve. It sounds like what blocks band patients up and cause PB’ing is different with everyone. My two friends that have bands are brother and sister but yet have different tolerances to certain foods.

I either ate to fast or too much or both. I will try some chicken and potatoes tonight again and keep my fingers crossed. I will avoid the cornbread as that was the last thing I ate and may have caused the problem. I’m now officially christened into the PB’ing club. Yeah!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! Congrats Nicolie!!! Pics pics pics!!!

Hi everyone,

Nicole, congratulations again. Your day sounds wonderful and a great weekend with the new hubby before he left--that is so cool.

I went for nearly a 4 mile walk today along the Miners Ravine trail in Roseville, its so beautiful outside and it follows the creek so its great scenery. I feel a little less guilty for eating so much crab last night and the multiple Jello shots I had....I stayed away from the Pasta and bread but made up for it in crab and jello shots! lol.

Does anyone know if you have to make an apt for the pre-op ekg? I did my blood work today but cardiology was closed. Not sure if I can just walk in and have the test done.

Hey Laurel, how are you doing? Your getting so close.

That is true John, different things cause blockage for different people, but it not always food with little nutritional value. I can't eat raw vegetables, cold chicken or beef, cooked broccoli, salad along with any food that has texture like bread and any fresh fruit except bananas. Glad to hear you shouldn't have the same problems.

Glad to hear you had a good time and made it back safely CoCo.

oh, ya...what's pbing? I think I can guess but I cant figure out what it offically stands for.

John, so sorry that happened. I hope tonights try is better. Are you still on purreed food?

Wow Pam. That’s a bunch of food to avoid. Such a learning lesson.

Ali – No appointment necessary for EKG when I had a couple done at Roseville and Morse Ave. PB stands for Productive Burp and yes sometimes food comes along for the ride.

Thanks John, that's good no apt necessary. I need to get over there this week and have that done. I have never had one before...

Pam, did you have to have a pbing episode to know you couldn't eat all those foods?

hey there everybody....so I'm not posting the wedding pics I'll leave that to Nicolie....but here's one of us gals :thumbup:

post-263725-13813139186259_thumb.jpg

Ali - yep that's how you know it is a food to avoid - either it comes back up after being painful or it doesn't come back up but it is so painful you wish it would. Glad you added a picture as your avatar - always easier to put a face to the post.

Great pic of you ladies at Reggie's. Wish I could have made it.