Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi everyone,

Just back from my weekly weigh in at Weight Watchers and I am down another pound! Slow, but steady progress. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Ah Riley you will be fine. You just a bit distracted :-)

I am going for a fill on March 10, 2010. I stepped on the scale today and I am done, done, done. So I called and got an appointment. I have to drive to Navato but if this gets me back on track and helps with my attitude I am ready........I need to feel like I have some control over the process. And yep I can get fills every two weeks but I doubt I will. I just want to get back to where I was. I don't need huge fills I am fine under 6cc's. But I am not fine at 3cc's I have tried it for six months and it doesn't work!! LOL.

I just emailed Dr. Baggs to explain where I am and to see if there is anything Kaiser can do before I move ahead. But yea i have asked him and Robin several times and the answer has always been no. I expect it will be the same. I have until MOnday to cancell but I doubt I will. I just want to know if I do self pay fills for awhile than want to come back to Kaiser later can I? I am waiting for the answer. I will probably change insurance in September anyway.

Pam: Unfills are free if I am too tight. I did find that out first.

Maria I know lots of people that are getting fills every two weeks. But they live in the same town as the doctor. Kaiser has been great in the beginning for me but the drive and the delays is not working for me right now. I think Richmond Kaiser is just totally overwhelmed with all the bands they are doing and they don't have time to do all the aftercare..........every two weeks would kill them right now. THey are doing good to see us all every 6 weeks or so.

I think with the change I will get more individual attention and hopefully be able to play around with the fills more until I get to my sweet spot. I bet I will be back losing in a couple of weeks now...........

They also may be opening a Sacramento office eventually and then I would already be in their system and could transfer back. If I change insurance in september I can get a docter in town with free fills.

I just need to do something between now and September.

Edited by swrktp

Riley I will admit on my side I need to exercise more. Work has been crazy so my lunch break gym trip has been out for the last two weeks.

I think when we forget to put ourselves first and the weight loss we get in trouble. Work and my daughter have been sucking up all my time. I have to change my priorities a bit and get on top of the fills. So starting today................I am taking back control.

Back to work..........*****sigh******

So Riley the soda thing...........doesn't that blow you up and make you gassy. I still worry about that exploding band story. I know it is not truth but that is the visual I have when I think about soda!! LOL.

Ok got an email back from Kaiser. The answer is the same so I am moving ahead..........I can get the operative report and the Barium swallow no problem. Dr. Baggs said they can send it or I can come pick it up. Darn unfill and ER visit messed me up but I can't let that be an excuse to stay on a plateau forever.

So I guess I know what I have to do...............

Oh actually going to my local Kaiser to pick up the report today...............how easy is that!! :-)

Hello Everyone!

Lee - Loose skin is just fine! Yes tomorrow is two weeks! Looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow am. Hoping to be down at least 16 lbs post-op. Getting close to 100 pounds lost. Hip hip hurray! I'm still not very hungry! This Sleeve (Terminator) is amazing!

Heather -You look beautiful in your picture and happy.

Riley - I hear you loud and clear - I am also doing some of the same things - but I do get my Water in and I have not had any soda - only had one watered down wine cooler at a Christmas party. But I do find myself gravitating towards sliders to avoid things getting stuck - maybe I am too tight - but I will not get another unfill. I have been going to the gym - but lately it has only been twice a week.

But you know although a few of us are struggling with our bands I don't view it as failing. It is a lifelong learning process. Those of you that are new to this will understand as you get further along - it was easy for me to stay on plan pre-op and the first 6 months post op - but then life gets in the way - not an excuse just reality.

That is great Tina that you don't have to pay for unfills.

I haven't posted much lately but I have been reading all of the posts. I didn't make it Saturday as my relatives were in town from Illinois and my cousin and I took the kids to Micke Grove to their little zoo. I missed you all and I have a bag of clothes I got from someone to bring.

SO Im at a standstill any suggestions guys??? I havent lost a pound in a week. It is my TOM so that could have something to do with it. Im getting bored with my food choices...

Tina, that is just crazy. I can't believe their answer is still "No". It seems like you should be able to take that up to someone else in the dept. Who can we complain to if we have an issue with our surgeon? In my mind, they just don't understand your situation which is why they are withholding fills. I can't fathom why you can't get a fill if Baggs and Robin both understand the situation. Don't they want you to succeed? Jeez... I'm so sorry you're in this situation. What a nightmare!

I am really sorry that you have been having such a hard time Tina. I wrote member services and requested that they provide someone to do fills here in Sacramento. I got an unsatisfactory reply, so I wrote back and told them that they were making no sense and that I would like to respectfully request that someone take my request seriously and call me. They called today, but I was out. I will call back tomorrow. I am going to continue to follow up on this. We may all need to write in order to get them to listen to us.

Good idea Laurel! We could all put some pressure Kaiser! I am in Roseville area and traveling anywhere around around Sacto would be so much better than Richmond....

Tina, let's hope that everything works out properly for you--I am new to all this so I don't understand all the reasons but if you are the paying member they would listen a little better, especially if its just refilling what they took out.

hey there everyone....

Heather those pictures are unbelievable can you imagine what you will look like next year after you've been banded? woah...Oh you have the same b-day as my daughter.

Tina wow, I'm so sorry you are going through this. But I like your determination. Seems like all the emails alone should let Baggs know you are serious.

OMG Riley sounds like we are in the same boat. I'm totally addicted... I need to get on the no carb wagon myself. I didn;t see the girl scout Cookies because they were selling worlds finest in front of Lucky by my house...oops!

JOhn & Lee sounds like you are doing good....NIcolie TOM definitely has something to do with it. at least you are staying still.

So It sounds like the walk is off for this weekend. I think is going to rain and I'll tell you that bridge is no fun in the rain. I've walked it in the rain. I'll look forward to going to Pat's on the 20th hopefully we have some spring weather. In the meantime I'm going to keep at my elliptical and try and sneak in a walk here and there.

OMG, TINA!!!! I feel for you. I am so sorry this experience is taking a turn for the worse....

Jes/Riley/Pam-I am in the same boat...and sinking fast. I know I am addicted to carbs.

I need to do the 5 day pouch test...Especially if it will get me back on track. I was doing much better with my choices and portions when I thought things would get stuck. Now that I know that I can eat pretty much anything without hurting myself...It's like I have gone off the deepend. I can't help myself. I did not do this to keep self-sabotoging. I have to get my act together or I too will be on the no fill list....

Jes-when is your appt???

Nicolie-I'm right here with you girl. My TOM is pending and I feel so bloated. I tend to eat like a cow the week leading up to and crave sweets too. Unfortunately, I have been indulging a bit too much. I have to stop it.

I have to be serious. I can't wait to see you all on the 20th. We need this so badly. I can feel the pressure in all of your words. We need this!!!!

Hey All I am on call tonight so up late working on paperwork and getting stuff done.

I don't have a problem with Dr. Baggs I really don' t think he started this. I know exactly who did and now they the are backing off but they made such a fuss in the beginning it got the whole department all worked up.

Honestly I should have had .5 take out that last time I went in for a fill instead of the carafate. I think that is both on me and Dr. Baggs. Cause two days later I was to tight again.........

A fill center in Sacramento would be GREAT. HOnestly I would have stuck my last tight fill out much longer if I was not so worried about an unfill being two hours away. I always have to consider the driving time and my job and picking up my daughter after school when I decide about fills and unfills. So I am much, much quicker to say forget it and get an unfill cause what is the next few days are worse...........and it is the weekend or a workday?? Well I can't just take four hours out of my day at any given time to get an fill or unfill. It is not realistic.

I let Dr. Baggs know very clearly that I don't agree with what Kaiser is doing. I am not asking for an extra fill only to have back what I already had. He didn't really respond except to say he wants to see me again.

Oh and if I go with someone else and want to come back to Kaiser I can later. But ..............well see. Maybe once I get a good fill and start losing again than I will work with Kaiser for the rest of the time I have insurance :-) Maybe just pay for one fill than come back...........

I am still thinking of picking someone in town but that all depends on if I can get Kaiser to give me my records here in town tomorrow. If I can than I will cancell Navato and go with the surgeon her in town my uncle knows......

I want to work with a program that is not so black and white. WOrks in the beginning but like Pam said eventually you have to come back to real life and balance your life.

I would think Kaiser would be afriad they are scaring people away from unfills and that is a liability too. Part of finding your sweet spot is fills and unfills. Seems like with Kaiser an unfill is a negetive and you get punished for it. Not ever doctor is like that I am finding out.

So I know some people think I should go with Kaiser and follow the program but seriously I don't agree with this and I am done..........at least for now. Maybe I should have my fill billed to my Kaiser insurance next week!! LOL.

Oh and why is Kaiser the only insurance that won't let you chose your bariatric program and fills center???

I still say I would get banded again but I am not someone to blindly follow something or someone when I don't agree................:-) Never will be. I do what I need to do and say what I need to say.

I just think I am driving them crazy now and they just want to get rid of me. I am a huge liability better to let someone else deal with me.