Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh - JES - ground meat sticks with me the best. I can eat alot of things in abundance but not ground beef or ground turkey/chicken - I know my pouch is cool cuz when I do eat alot I can actually FEEL it just passin thru the band - not easily but it goes. But ground meats will keep me full for many a hours

Okay so here's todays meals:

Breakfast: 1 grande skinny Decaf latte

Lunch: 1 boca burger (2 & 1/8 oz), with 1 oz cheddar cheese. 1/8 potato with teaspoon of country crock

Dinner: 4 small pieces of cheese bread from pizza Guys, with 3 oz baked chicken breast. About a tablespoon of ranch.

So I deff. agree the bread/carbs has to stop. Once I had the toast yesterday and a potato today I feel a HIGH CRAVING for more.

Tomorrow will be a new day. Going to hit the treadmill, lata all!

Hey Reggie,

I have my appt w/ Dr Park on the 10th at 10am. What time is yours? I was going to go to work after but maybe I'll take the whole day off and we can hang for a while.....So you know what this means we need to do this together I need to loose at least 5 lbs by then. What's our plan?

I have to say that I LOVE ground beef/turkey. I hope I can live on it when I get to that stage. A touch of sour cream and salsa and I would be in heaven. That's what I was eating pre-op to get my weight down. I'm looking forward to that more than anything else. :wink:

Tamra, the thing about carbs for us is that it just sets us up to crave more. I'm so glad that you're recognizing that early out.

Hey Jes, I wish I was going to Kaiser on the 10th, bu my appt is on the 12th.

John, napping is good and healing. Anytime we sleep, our body gets to heal.

I worked several hours today and now see why people take off work for awhile!

Hey John congrats on the 9 pounds. you too Lee on your weight loss.

Today was a pretty good day

B=coffee (from home), 1 cup chicken salad

L=tomato Soup with cheese on top

D=steak about a cup and 4 french fries (not so good)

Yea Tamra, do like me go ahead eat chicken for Breakfast or what ever you like.

How's work Pat, Nicolie taking it easy?

Candra you feeling better? I've got that package for you. I don't think I making the Sac meeting. I need to do some house work. I hope to pull out some more clothes before we meet up in Petaluma though.

Hi Everyone.

CoCo and Lee - the first day of work kicked my butt! I don't know how you guys started back so soon. I was ready for a nap at 3 but didn't leave until 5:40. Came home with a headache - took liquid tylenol and ate and feel much better.

I will be going nite nite early tonight!

Here is my food for Day 1 of Stage 4 - Ohhh it is so good to chew again!!!:

B - 1.5 scrambled eggs w/ 2 tbsp shredded cheese

L - 1/3 c baked chicken (no skin - with BBQ sauce) and 2 tbsp steamed brocolli

D - 2.5 oz baked chicken (no skin - with BBQ sauce) and 2 tbsp steamed asparagus and 1/4 piece of sourdough toast

Love you all - saying good nite early.

How do you measure veggies lol I don't get it

HI everyone.

*John I met u in the hospital last Wednesday and I am very glad you are doing well and losing weight.

* I think I am going to try to get a unfill because anything too solid I eat I end up vomiting and all i am eating is bad carbs.

Beatriz did you try calling and talking to Bev or somebody in the office? Maybe email Dr Fissher that's your doc right?

Happy Anchor Day Night everyone... weekend almost here!

Candra...hehehe, I may have been mia...but still read it all, lol! Missed you, and glad it's going away, u will be well enough to see, take pics with and hug on SAT I hope!

Looking forward to this SAT, for our newbies...

SATURDAY, FEB 27TH, 11:00 - 1:00 PM

KAISER - Point West Medical Offices

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

(Meeting the 4th Saturday of each month)

The meeting is for all WLS types, Band, Bypass & Sleeve, also for Kaiser AND non-Kaiser patients!

Who all is coming? Wanna set up some seats for everyone...JOhn, feelin up to it, we can give u a ride if u cant drive yet & Nikki not in town? Also, for planning purposes, a few of us usually hit Mimi's for lunch afterwards.

Glad to see everyone checking in, I am so challenged each day to continue to do better than the day before...a baby step here & there...

as we doin the journey together, real life with real issues...yet balancing taking care of ourselves in/through it all! What a support and care group to work it out with! Every shape, size, job, u name it!

Hope it inspires each newbie checkin out the thread, to do your research, ask questions and take your time to decide which and when is best for you! Remember, EVERYBODY has a different story, as yours will be unique but STILL helps someone else continue walkin the journey! :smile2:

Hi Donna – I will be there on Saturday. Thanks for the ride offer but I think I’ll need to ride alone as I’m skipping the lunch. Not ready for a restaurant yet. I’m looking forward to the meeting, been unable to attend for almost six months.

Happy Thursday everyone! When is it going to rain again? Friday!!!

Good Morning!

It's not raining here either. I'm planning a walk later today, at least a short one. I haven't been out of the house since last Sunday when I walked to the corner and back. I need fresh air!! If I don't make it outside, I'll open the doors in the gym and get on the treadmill. That feels a little safer because it doesn't leave me out there alone if I get weak.

I'm still not holding food in. I'll get concerned if it doesn't change soon. I'm working from home today so will check in.

What's everyone up to today?

Morning all,

Sad the rain has left me but it will be back tomorrow whoo hoo!

Scale back down to 232.8 this morning, fine with me!

Breakfast: 1/2 cottage cheese that has fruit already mixed in, and 1/4 toast with butter

Hey all -

Donna, I am planning on being there Saturday!

JES - Maybe we can hook up Tomorrow evening when you get off work - I can meet you right off the freeway or something - wish you were coming Saturday!

April & Coco - I'm ready to hit Soma again LOL