Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ash, I don't have a goal weight yet. I guess Dr. Park will give that to me on the 8th, is that right? My goal is to be down 20lbs by the 8th when I see her.

Weekends are hard!! My son has a double header baseball game tomorrow so hopefully I can do some walking inbetween games and stay away from the snack bar!!!

Hey everyone!! Hope you are doing well....

Ok had a fill yesterday with Dr.Baggs at Vacaville...so awesome did not have to drive all the way to Richmond!!! Its the first one have had since like Dec....he said I was at 5.5cc (I could have sworn he said I was at 6 last time)anyway he gave me a half cc....so now I'm at 6cc...he said my weightloss is great., which amde me feel good...I'm down to 178.5....Anyway I have a question for my ladies who have had fills..this is my 3rd fill I believe maybe 4th and my stomach feels so sorry and tender today...I don't ever remeber it feeling like this before....has anyone else had this or should I call Dr.Baggs office?

Thanks girls you are the best!!!

candy just make sure you can get fluids down. If you can your good. I get sore sometimes after fills but it goes down in a couple of days. I think your fine.

Tamra I think you need to be honest on your food log. BUt I don't think I would walk in talking alot about it ya know. Just let her read it and see how it goes. She will tell you to stop you already know that............she can also stop the fill. But I think since this is your first time she will give you a warning. You don't want to be to tight I can assure you of that. It hurts...........

Pam I hear ya on the sleeve I sorta wish I had gone that way to. I think the older you are the slower it goes. I am slowly going back down but lets reiterate SLOWLY again. I think for me I worry about what happens if and when I lose Kaiser or change insurance. I didn't realize how messed up things get with treatment and fills with the band. The cost alone for fills without insurance would have put me in the Sleeve or RNY category. But still I am happy I have a few more months of insurance so I gotta make good use of the time and try to get to my sweet spot.........

Happy weekend everyone!!

Still hoping my uncle can get certified through Lap Band/Allergen but I think it will cost him to attend the training so we'll see.......

Hey there everyone. John & Lee how ya feeling today? John you rock I love your attitude. Lee I'm guessing your son is home with you now. It's probably a good thing that he came after a day or so since you were in so much pain in the beginning.

Ali wow great weightloss! Dr P may let you set a surgery date right away.

Tamra, you don't have to lie. I've been telling Robin and Liz that I'm struggling which I am, hungry all the time. You don't have to go into as many details if you don't want to. Because she will surely tell the Doc.

Anyway speaking of messing up....I'm going to a crab feed at church tonight. I gotta focus on only the crab and not the garlic bread :thumbup: I know I know... I've been doing good with my tuna and egg salad. That's pretty much all I've had these last few days. So I'll be going to the store to pick up more for this week.

Oh the best part I've lost 2 lbs. hopefully it's not a false positive since I seem to be gaining and loosing the same 5 lbs.

Hope everyone has a nice saturday. I better get in gear and do my saturday errands.

Morning everyone!

I am documenting everything I eat, and ALWAYS measuring now. Its so easy when not working to make meals and measure, which was hard for me to do when I was. Guess thats a small perk :thumbup:

Breakfast: 2 5/8th oz ground beef (LOL its all I had left, random amount) with 1 oz cheddar cheese.< /span>

Walked 2 miles last night, doing it tonight also.

and side note I cant wait to be cleared at 6 weeks to work out, I miss dancing with the Wiggles every morning with my daughter....:thumbup:

Oh and scale this morning: 232.2 :thumbup:

Morning!

Water & broth are going down much better today. Starting back on the Vitamins. Today I can start stage 2 which I will try this afternoon. Not hungry at all.

Lee - I hope your son made it in and you are enjoying your time with him.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Hi Heather,

I would be up for a walk along the bike trail. I usually go to Banister Park and walk down from there, but could probably meet you at Watt or Sunrise if that works better for you. My surgery isn't until March 22nd, and I want to lose as much as I can before that.

Hey John, How come you get to start Stage II a day before me. At class they said surgery is Day 0 then 3 days of Stage 1 - Then Stage II on day five. Maybe Doc Fisher has a different plan than in the binder. We get to shower today. YAY!

Warm things are not my friend. I'm living on fruit popsicles and a mix of sobe 0 cal pommegrante with 1/2 and 1/2 Water. I'm a little more tired this morning. Looking foward to some Protein tomorrow. I don't think my PPI is working because I woke up all night with acid burning my throat. I think I'll email Dr. Baggs today.

I have zero hunger at this stage. Zach is eating lasagna and chinese food in front of me and I have zero interest.

Pam, maybe you should check out Obesityhelp.com in their lapband forum. There are people who are working the band and getting to goal. My friend Kerniac got to goal of 144 (I think) from I believe 280 and has been maintaining her loss. Maybe just go see how others are doing it. I know Kernie is on a forum with me where we write every bite of food and all exercise to be accountable. I find it to be very helpful.

Back to resting for me. Have a fun day everyone!!

THanks Tina...It was worring me...I've never been so sore after a fill!!!

I read your posts about loosing the weight...I talked to Dr.Baggs a little about that yesterday and he said he has pt who are 3 and 4 yrs out still lossing weight...we can do it....we have to be thankful for how much heathlier we are now and focus on continueing to loose...it is a struggle!! :thumbup:

Hi Lee - I was going by the info in the binder which said 2-3 days after surgery with surgery being day 0. I do remember what they said in class. For me it’s easier to follow what’s in black and white so either day should be fine otherwise why would it be in our binder… I took a shower right after getting home Thursday night which the Doc approved. Warm water/broth has been best for me. Today it has gone down very well. I’m glad you are doing well!

On a funny TMI note the nurse at the hospital keep coming in my room asking if I have passed gas. I always said no but she kept asking every couple hours. She would be happy to know I could play an instrument the last couple days! Sorry :thumbup:

Movies, Olympics and relaxation on the agenda today and well most days for the next week or so…

I'm having a down day today. Very little energy and a lot of pain on the big incision site. I'm sipping away and tooting away as well. I just don't have energy for anything but movies today. I guess that's ok!

will check back later.

Hi Gang!!!

John and Lee-Toot, toot, toot...your horn away....LOL

I feel so darn good. I hit the gym this AM and am already at. ...8,915 steps....I am going to hit 10,000 today for sure.

Just popping in and out....TTYL.....