Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

8:25 arrival

10:25 surgery

I knew he'd get to go first! :biggrin:

Lee when you check-in my Mom and Nikki will probably be in the waiting area. My mom is in her 70's with gray hair. They will probably take you back to the comfy prep area around 9:15 -9:30. I’ll warm the surgery table up for you! See ya tomorrow!!!

Cheers!

I'll look for them! If your mom is younger than me, I'm gonna cry. :biggrin:

YAY John and Lee!! Its so much more exciting when you have a time!! Im so excited for the new you's!!

I'm very excited CoCo! I forgot to get anything for dinner. I guess I've eaten compulsively enough in my lifetime. Today I'm eating the few remaining things in my fridge. Nothing fancy, just some nice organic fruit and eggs.< /p>

Ok John, you're off the hook, but don't go callin me mama! :biggrin:

I will be sending you good vibes and thoughts tomorrow Lee and John!

I did great with food today:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup split pea ham Soup

Lunch: 1/2 cup mashed potatoes / gravy

Dinner: 1/2 cup of greens/chicken/gravy pureed my mom had cooked.

meeting my friend in Walnut Creek for a walk @ 6:30

Good Luck tomorrow John and Lee - I will be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow morning. I am interested to see how the sleeve works.

My son passed his driving permit test this morning - holy cow the DMV was crowded - luckily he had an appointment but we were still there 1 1/2 hrs - he has his first driving lesson with the instructor on Mar 6.

I did good with my food at work but then messed up. I had a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a costco fro yo on the way to work at 10:30 am and a 190 lean cuisine for lunch. Then on the way home at 2:30 I felt faint - think my blood sugar dropped - I had a candy bar. For dinner I had a bowl of frosted flakes and then a bowl of rice krispies - plus 3 cheese taquitos microwaved. Jeez - what was I thinking - or actually I don't think I was thinking.

Good to see you back on here Riley and glad you had a special Valentines Day.

Tina - how much does that new place charge for unfills? Might be good to know in case they fill you too much. Did you tell them at what amount you were too full last time? I would hate for them to over fill you.

Ash - how old are your two kids? Adding a third with special needs sounds like a lot to take on. You need to think of the effect it will have on your family and your kids besides yourself.

Are you feeling better Heather and Candra? My cough still comes and goes. I am loving this weather though - went for a walk at work during break. Today is my off day from the gym - will go tomorrow evening.

I'm in my jammies ready for bed but I think 6:40 pm is too early to go to bed - I slept poorly last night.

Ok, John & Lee - just a few more hours!

FYI John, the nurses don't get there till 6:30 so you'll be in the waiting room till then.

Also, they will only let 1 person sit with you till surgery - it's Bull S**t! I told them that but they didn't seem to care!!! Make sure who ever will be in the waiting room alone for an hour has a book or ipod or something.

Lee - you didn't tell us who will be responsible for your updates???

Maybe you two will be up to joining the group - just a few doors down!!

So full tonight - my next door neighbor is always cooking and trying to feed me - thinks I've lost "too much weight" hahaha - I had an authentic taco on a small wheat tortilla just shredded meat & grilled peppers. no extra fillings - oh, but a little of her homemade salsa on it - Yummy~~

Edited by Desperate1

Hey Candra - Not sure why they said 6 as I thought the other two times it was 6:30 and they don't usually take you back until 6:45-7. I wonder if I can convince Doc Who to discharge me tomorrow night. Nikki says fat chance but I'm going to try. Hospital co-pay is $250 but just $15 for surgery… I can think of a few things to spend $200 on...

Which conference room is the support group usually in? The ones near the surgery check-in? Not sure I want to show up in a gown but I could give it a try. Stop by the room if you get a chance. Just get my last name from Nikki when she calls you.

I'm sooo hungry. Only had a can of Soup and a couple carnation instant breakfast drink things. Want to make sure my stomach is empty for the separation.

Goodnight everyone. The MoM has worn me out! My ass is on fire. TMI

Hey John You don;t have to pay the hospital stay fee if you are there less than 48 hrs....they call it observation. I know since I've been in with my heart issues. Just have them write that on the paperwork.

We'll I won;t say good luck to you 2 but I'm really excited. It will be nice to hear the stories of the sleeve.

allright MO, Ash, Candra & Tam I'll see you tomorrow at group. BY the time I get off work and get there it will be close to 6 but I'm gonna try to get there earlier.

Riley, glad you had fun skiing and with your new beau. We miss your wisdom so don;t be a stranger.

I wanted to say some thing else but I am suffering from CRS (can't remember s#!t)

later

Jes - I spent one night 18 hours in the hospital last year when I had a severe nose bleed and they charged me. I'll ask, worth the try! Thanks for the info! Stop by tomorrow if you like.

John - you are too much! Sounds like you are in a good frame of mind for tomorrow. Wishing you all positive thoughts and prayers.

Lee - you have done so great. I know you said your son would be home later, so I hope you have someone to stay with you for tomorrow. We are all routing for you. You have my most positive thoughts and prayers.

Tamra - way to go - glad you went for a walk. I didn't today - was just tired and down. Tomorrow will be better.

CoCo - how are you doing?

Riley - so glad you are back and OK. V-Day sounds like it was a blast - so happy for you.

OK with the updates some of you sent here is our group's new number:

We have lost 917.8 lbs as a group!

We are awesome - we can hit Half a Ton in no time!

oh I remember....I had a dream last night (more like a nightmare )

I was on my way to my fill appt and for some odd reason I had to pick up Robin. Ok so I get to Robin not sure where that was and we head to Dr P's. She's riding in my car. This part is a little sketchy but she make me late because everywhere I try to park she says no not here. Anyway we finally park and go in and she tells me I have to weigh in and gets a scale. I weigh in and I'm 187 and I go off because there is no way I could be that and I demand that she find me a scale that works. So she leaves and and comes back to tell me that the scale is being used and I have to wait. This goes on and on, all the while I'm getting later and later for my appt. Next thing I know the alarm is going off and it's time to get up........WTF?? Is that wild or what? Robin was purposely making me late so I couldn't get my fill.