Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi all,

Okay I will start wearing them everywhere!

I did go today, and when I talk to Robin on the 17th I am gonna be honest and let her know I am not full off 1/2 cup food at all.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup split pea soup

Lunch: 2 orders pintos/cheese from Taco Bell. I had to eat 2 to get full....I assume I ate about 1 cup.

Dinner: ????

John my black bean Soup from Trader is in a box. Says flavored with chipotle.

I've got my first real training session tonight. I'm excited and nervous. I just finished baking boyfriend's b-day cake and I'll frost it soon. He's out to dinner with his friends, I figured I shouldn't go out to dinner right before training. lol. And yes, he's a keeper!

This long weekend has me out of whack! I will work Tues, Wed and Friday this week. Thursday is my day off! Woohoo. I'm so thankful for all the lovely weather too.

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the Soup recommendations! I’ll be sure to try them! I love soup but I’m sure to be sick of it in a couple weeks.

Yes please come by the hospital! We can do Jello shots! Nikki has Candra’s number and will call to give an update.

Ashley – I don’t know how you do it! You are a superstar!

One more day and a wake up.

I hope you are all well!

Okay finally posting my meals:

Breakfast: 1/2 split pea soup

Lunch: 2 orders pinto/cheese from tacobell

Dinner: 1/2 cup pureed turkey meatloaf w/ gravy

Banded people: I found some benefiber you put in a bottle Water so I have been drinking them. Tonight I drank one and all of a sudden I had this horrible pain in my stomach, it felt like it was burning!!! I almost was in tears, I assume I should hold off??

Hi Team!

Tamra, I was told definitely no Benefiber until two weeks out. I got a big canister at costco and have been putting it into my crystal light. Works like a charm! I found some single packet ones at the Dollar Store in Willow Pass shopping center close to Mimi's.

Two more sleeps! I had a great day at work. Tomorrow just early morning in the office then my date with MoM.

I'm excited but just want it to be Saturday already. I'll be happy to be three days out.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Ash: Call ALTA regional center that baby needs to be assesssed. THe stiff muscles and protruding tongue......could be something wrong. Have the pedi refer you to ALTA for physical therapy and developmental assessment. That baby could be failure to thrive among other things. What about weight and height and medical records...............sounds like there is some medical neglect too.

Ok, ok I do work with medical neglect and pos tox babies but this stuff all is concerning. The stiff muscles and tongue in particular. The emotional stuff is a result of neglect but he is still young enough for that to reverse. She will fight you for the baby but if you have CPS intervention you will have back up. Also special needs children have higher foster care rates.

ONly thing is if you go through CPS they will give the mother 6 months to reunite and if she does even the basics and tests clean the baby goes back. (3 and under only get 6 months to reunite by law. Over three you get a year.) But still going back and forth to many times and they kids end up permenently emtionally damaged. You also have to deal with Social Workers in your home monthly and they get the final say on the baby not you.

JUst something to think about. Where do you live what county? I can try to find out what services are available for special needs kids......

Send me a private message if yuou want more info.

Edited by swrktp

Ok the fills center doctor called me today. TO sign up for the program is 365. That included physical checking band and than a fill. After that a fill is 165.

I may go over in April for a fill. Of course by than I may be down enough for a fill with Kaiser if I have insurance.

15 dollars with Kaiser is more affordable.

Still

TamTam - I had some "dieters Tea" that did that to me - not a good feeling - better of with the MOM. Robin will NOT care that you are not full - their stock response is "so" You won't be full for a while till you get the right fill. Again, it is a struggle in the beginning with the band but once you get to your "sweet spot" it will pay off for the rest of your life. I know you're thinking you should have gotten RNY but if you can't get your eating habbits under control now then 18 months from now you'd start gaining your weight back and then there is nothing they can do to help you. The mal absorbtion doesn't last forever! Once that ends you're on your own so don't fret - you did the right thing! You will see - I promise you!!!!!

Ash - so sorry to hear about the baby! Hope it's not too late to improve his development! I have a friend who has 4 kids, 3 in diapers at the same time and I tell ya - don't know how you do it - she gained 60lbs in a year!! She has no "me" time. I'm sure you don't have any of that either!

John - we will stop in on Wednesday since we will be in the building! JES - can you make Jello shots??

Lee - if you feel up to it we'll pop in to see you too - If not we TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!

Heather - have fun in your training session - let me know how it goes!! Um and, while Grant (that's his name right) may be a keeper, He's actually the lucky one!

So, Kids - when I got to the "mushy" stage I lived on ricotta cheese. You can mix it with anything and it's like a cream pudding - BUT NOT ALOT OF CARBS. You can mix it with some diced tomatos & mozzarella cheese, warm it up and it's like lasagna or splenda & your favorite extract flavoring - I discovered it with instant expresso powder & cocoa with splenda - Faux Tiramisu. gotta get the full fat one cuz it has less carbs and you won't be able to eat alot to have to worry about the calories.

Tina - so good to know there are alternatives to Kaiser should the need arise! How did you find them and is it one private doctor or is it like a big chain like there may be one close to me?? Do you have to "earn" a fill with them?

Hey there everyone....so so day. I walked the bridge and went and got a pedi this morning. It's so good to get out and walk. Come on spring. I know that will be my time to get my exercise on.

John perhaps we will call up to your room and check on you. :)

NIki is part of the crew now so tell her if she wants to hang out we'll be down stairs.

Heather, I have the worst sweet tooth...can you save me a slice of the bf cake? This is the 1st valentines day I've had w/o sweets whoo hoo me!!

Lee, we'll be checking in on you too. Who's going with you? your son? is there someone to give us a report on you? You know how important it is that we keep up with each other.

Yea Tam you better hold off on the benifiber...I think walking and Water lots of water will get things moving.

Pat how was the movie? The previews look interesting, everybody is in that movie.

Candra - I loveee ricotta cheese I never thought to eat it now. I am on the right stage to yeah? I do sorta wish I did RNY but its jst cause I'm so damn inpatient dude!

I went shopping today and found I'm an awkward shoe size now of 10 1/2 wtf lol. And I fit a 1x shirt? That was a new one!!

Because I have done not so well, I was thinking until Robin advances me on the 17th could I do stage two until then?? Or can you not go backwards......

Ah Tamra I hear you on the RNY but in the end I know I didn't want that one. But I have had my days...........especially during my post op days when I was in bandster hell. I sorta expected more after all the trauma of surgery!! LOL

Yea Robin won't care about you being hungry and she will tell you to try to stick to the 1/4 cup not 1/2~~ Just be ready. They don't care they want you to stick to the program regardless. LOL. I Know since I talk to much and get an attitude now and than!! I tried to teach her how to talk so people will listen and open up last time.....LOL> I am obnoxious!!!

Night ladies. I didn't do good today. TO much sugar and I have a massive sugar headache. Ahhhh................haven't had that much sugar in years. licorice and junior mints with my daughter. I knew right after I was in trouble. Had a Migraine since. I can't handle so much sugar................

Night all!!!!!

Ok talked to someone today at FCUSA and told them to open a center in Sacramento. Might be one within the year they know we need one they have had other requests!!

Candra the fills are with bariatric doctors but it sorta like a chain. THey are trained and approved by lap band and will do fills even if they don't perform the surgery. THey take alot of the mexico cases..............

Navato is the one I found and the closest in northern california. They are few and far between. That is the only one right now in the NOrth area. The other ones are in the LA and San Diego area.

No you don't have to earn fills but the thing is you don't go as much since you have to pay. So I would think you get bigger fills less often............but it probably depends on the doctor.

I researched and the doctor here in town are conservative with fills. PRobably like Dr. Fischer. BIgger fills less often.

Dr. Baggs is back tomorrow. I am gonna let him know I can't take time off from work this month.....................I don't want to use sick time. I will check in with him and see what he says. My guess is that if I get down the 12 pounds he wants that I will get a big fill....and than be done for awhile. But ya I can't get a fill this month I just CAN'T take time off until work settles down I don't even want to ask................and I am not down 12 pounds that might give me a reason to sneak over during my lunch break or something. But no fill equals no using vacation time this month for the appointment :-) Lay offs in the 23 so taking time off on the 26th is way to scary right now..............I am gonna chill this month!!

Happy Tues everyone!

Lee & John - Almost time for that M.O.M.

Lee are you getting nervous at all? If so, don't bother with that - It is a waste of time!

Dr. Oz 100th show is on and it's about weight loss -people who lost 100 + pounds - Maybe we will see Riley Jane on there.

Tina - Novato is so close to me! Should you decide to go I'll go with you if you want. I believe you'll get a fill if you lose the 12!

Tamra - they don't want you to go "backwards" Once a stage is done, it's done! But you have to do what is best for you. Ricotta cheese is one of my favs - hard to give up after the mushy stage LOL

JES - I can't wait till spring either - I plan on gettin my workout on!!