Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Go on girl with ya bad self lmao :thumbdown:

Good morning all! Have a great day!

Ditto, what MO said!

Do we take our binder to surgery?

John, 4 more sleeps!

Morning all - the sun is out over here - cancelled all my plans though cuz I'm sick - gonna get outside though & try to catch some Vitamin D.< /p>

Lee - no, you don't take your binder to surgery.

I'm only down 1lb in the last week :smile: I feel like I should be fading away cuz I'm not eating hardly anything - But I haven't been exercising either!! My fault!!

morning all,

1/2 cup black bean Soup for Breakfast with cheese and a tall skinny latte

Not sure about the rest of the day, couch is being delivered around 11 am, glad I found one.

Even after an hr on the treadmill yesterday scale was back up that 1 lingering lb. LOL. whateve!

Gonna go shower!

Candra, Thanks about the Binder! I'm so sorry you're feeling poorly. Stay down and rest rest rest fluids fluids fluids... that's what my PCP told me. I've had it since a week ago Friday. My cough is just about gone and I'm having energy again. Sunshine is good for everything. Hang in there. Your scale will move. I've been eating very very low carb the last week and dropped 4 pounds. Now I'm not scared about surgery morning anymore. Home scale is 226.8 this morning so I'm good.

Bev is not leading the meeting on Wednesday night because she's on vacation. That said, I don't know who's leading it.

Tamra, I bet if you stick to the food rules and exercise, you'll see a big drop one morning! I see that you did lots of exercise yesterday. Attagirl! Now get rid of anything that's not on your plan. Didn't you say BF is dieting? Babygirl doesn't need any junk or sugar foods. You want her to follow in your healthy lifestyle habits that you create and it will be so much easier for you.

yep bf is currently doing the 1200 cal diet now. He has gained alotta weight since loosing his job. I am having him check his weight this monday, and hopefully the first week has been nice to him!

yeah my daughter is a fry/chicken nugget kid. Otherwise she wont eat meat period. Sometimes a few bites of a chicken breast but otherwise she's darn near a vegitarian LOL! (spelling). She does love fruit tho, so I have that on my side thank god!

yep I am having small slip ups here and there, but overall given my life of eating habits before, I think I am doing pretty damn good :smile: There was a time I could do fast food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! times I would eat when I was full just because it was there, etc.

Tamra, my son was a vegetarian for several years after he was born. We ate diary but no meat. If your daughter doesn't get fries and chicken nuggets, she'll be healthier for it. Look at the childhood obesity statistics these days. I'm delighted that my son never followed in my eating food steps and at 36 wears a 29 or 30 inch jeans.

I think you're very aware and are doing a really good job trying to keep yourself on a good path. I bet that BF being on the 1200 cal will really help you. He'll get it how difficult this is for you and won't try to tempt you.

Big kudos on the exercise you've been doing!!

Hey, how does that couch look? Do you love it? :smile:

Howdy! I'm now finished with day 1 of my 8 week challenge. It's been quite a day. I was at the gym at 8am ready to weigh-in and do whatever the group exercise would be. Well, the weigh-in took over an hour. I just sat at one of the tables reading my booklet they gave me while the line went down. Once I finally got in line, I realized they didn't have the scale there anymore. I asked one of the trainers and she told me everyone already finished weighing and there had been two lines, one for weight, the other for body fat. Well, that just got me annoyed. Also annoyed since the group exercise was a 5k and while I was still getting weighed (so I thought) they sent almost everyone out on the 5k. I told the trainer I needed to run to my car to get my sunglasses and sunscreen since the didn't warn us this would be an outdoor thing. She said "ok, we'll wait for you. We don't want to leave anyone behind". I got back from my car and b*tch left me behind. I was so angry I was fighting tears. This felt so disorganized, I still never got the call from my trainer.

So I set out on the 5k, I had to ask someone which way they went since they didn't have maps or a marked trail I was lucky to catch up to a few people on their way back. I did the 5k all alone and caught up with the trainer who said she wouldn't leave me. She apparently thought I had left in my car, when I said I was getting sunglasses. She had to head back to the gym so she could take pictures of everyone finishing and wanted me to turn around with the last group of walkers once I reached them. Now you know I didn't do that! I was determined dang it! I went to the very end. I even ran a few times too. My trainer came back to bring me in at the end and he ran with me for a bit, but was late for a meeting so one last trainer walked the rest of the way in with me.

I'm really glad I did the whole thing, and ran too. I did it by myself (except that last half-mile or so) and the trainer could see that I ran too. Once I finished, I wasn't livid that I was left behind. In the beginning I kept thinking of what I was going to say in my letter to the management. But I seemed to work it off because it was all better.

I also have to complain about their scale, weight limit was about 300 lbs, and their scale was 5 lbs heavier than the one at Kaiser yesterday, and 8 lbs heavier than my scale at home. It's so freaking embarassing to watch that needle go all around the dial and back to zero. Why couldn't they have a digital scale, or one of the old fasioned bar scales? Seriously. Not a great day.

So I'm home now, and crazy sore. I had a sensible lunch and now I have a new cool walk route! So perhaps we can get together some time for a walk in the grove!

Hi Ladies and John,

It's been a busy 3 days for me so I haven't been able to post just read every now and then. I will start with the good news LOL. My scale for the last 2 mornings said 233.5!!! Down from 235.5 :smile: And I got most of my $ for the surgery!

Now on to some serious stuff! I have this cousin who has not been in a good place most of her adult life, drugs (mainly meth) jail and other things. Last year she told our aunt that she wanted to be like me and have babies. She said that she also wanted a man to take care of her so she would never have to work (like she ever had LOL). Well she ended up getting prego. She never completed her probation and ended up back in jail while she was prego. She did get out right before her son was born though. She was suppose complete a sherifs program as part of her probation. It turns out that she never did complete the program and landed back in jail for 45-90 days this week. Her son who is 1 years old was left with her mother who is not able to care for him at all. So in turn she called me and asked that I take care of him temporarily since I am the only one who can.

Now I have had him for 3 days and have noticed how developementaly delayed he is. He just learned how to crawl a month ago, he doesn't eat solids, has no fine moter skills, and barely bables. From what I have been told she hardly ever gave him a bath so when I do he screams bloddy murder :smile: She also left him in the walker and his playpen for hours.

I got his Kaiser number so I called and set up an apointment for a check up and we shall see how that goes. It's been tough with 3 boys in daipers under 4 years of age! I haven't been on my treadmill and my deit has been flighty. I think that this will put me off my track to surgery for a month... I don't think that he should go back to his mom, but I'm not sure I can handle him along with my two boys, my daycare and my surgery. What would you all do if you where in this situation?

Heather - I am so sorry you had a rough start to the challenge, it did sound disorganized and the trainer sounded rude! But I am SOOOOO PROUD of you for sticking with it and doing the whole 5K. WOO HOO, girl! You are going to rock this thing - and get banded this year!

Tamra - I agree you have made a lot of changes and most of all you keep at it. Go girl. 1 hour on the treadmill - WOW!

Candra - sorry you are feeling down. Here's my V-Day suggestion: I got my husband a kit the is called "Want to Play Doctor?" LMAO

Nicolie - OK spill the Beans for us virgins - what do you do when something gets stuck? My chest has been tight the last two nights after dinner and then drinking a hour later.

Oh hey - I was down more today - 207 so I am at 49lbs down - way cool!

Ashley, You are amazing. I don't have any advice, but you seem to be doing the right stuff, getting that baby a checkup is a good place to start. How are your boys taking to him? It must be tough, but I know that little boy is going to do so much better with an attentive adult in his life. Do you have family close by to help you out? I'm sure once he gets going with your routine you'll have the time/energy to get on the treadmill again.

Heather you should write a book. You can paint a story so well. I was right there with you , sitting at the table and on the walk etc. And it even gave me a chuckle...

Don't know if I can paint this story for you all but I decided I was going to go to boot camp this morning with a friend who has been going for months. Have I mentioned how un-coordinated I am? I hate those classes! So any way just imagine me running trying to keep up, with those 3lb weights in my hand. The poor lady next to me kept saying let me get out of your way. My arms feel like they are going to come right out of the socket. I tried to go do my errands after and I couldn't even hold my purse walking around wallys. This is why you have never seen me say I want to go to zumba or where ever you all go.

Candra, i bought a little tank top and some boy shorts, already have some of those hooker heels... that's what I'm cooking breakfast in (crab & shrimp omelettes) Told you I'll dress like a little person in a minute.

So anyway, I'm in for the day. I think I better go look for a heating pad or something.