Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina-Wow, 1/4 cup Cereal was enough??? I would die and I do have restriction. I'm just a dummy who eats around it and then has to sit upright when I'm uncomfortable....Kick me!!!! Also, can you eat the entire Subway sandwich??? Do you get your bread toasted first? I have a hard, hard time with bread....It really must be toasted well. I've gotten it stuck once and babe...it was no joke. I just say, "No!"

B-coffee w/ non-dairy Creamer and sugar, 1 scram. egg, 1 smokes sausage

L-1/3 costco cesear salad with grilled chicken

D-???grilled pork chop with veggies?????

So far, so good!!!! It's the night time where I fall off!!!

Hello Everyone!

Lee - I have no idea who is assisting Who. HaHa Dr. Im is the only doc that hasn't worked on me so we shall see. I'm ready! Nikki is coming home tomorrow from a work trip to Denver so I'll be enjoying a quiet relaxing weekend while doing some prep work for surgery! I'll let you know Tuesday what time I get.

Day before surgery - MoM. Agree with what everyone has said so far.

1. How long did it take the stuff to "work"? It depends (may need depends if you plan to drive around all afternoon), sometimes it’s a blow-out and other times it takes a day and is a trickle...Sorry TMI.

2. Did you stay home that day? No the first two times. Yes this next one.

3. Could you have been at work that day? Yes but be near a bathroom.

4. Could you have been in your car driving around all afternoon? Yes but tow a port a potty around or drive an RV.

So many posts hard to keep up. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

Edited by skiingj

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the MoM stories. I appreciate each of them. I'm hanging with an auditor, driving him around early morning. Someone is supposed to take over my job for the afternoon so I can come home early and work from home. I was just curious incase something happens with my standin person.

John, even if we can't be roomies, we can walk the halls together.

Tamra, you did so much better today. Bravo!

Tina, you're sounding much happier with your process. That's terrific. I had a 6" subway veggie last night, hold the cheese, toast the heck out of the bread and scoop all the insides of the bread out. Last hurrah at Subway for me. I won't be having those post-op.

Everyone is sounding terrific. I'm overjoyed to read all the happy posts.

I'm feeling better today. I actually spent the day in my office and they didn't throw me out. Hardly coughing now. I'll work from home tomorrow and lay low all weekend so nobody can get me sick again. I'm not risking this for anything!

I've been living on Protein. Plain organic hamburgers, pork chops and chicken. I figure it's going to be awhile before those are back in my repetoire again. Mix in a little veggies and I'm good to go.

I read about Soup. Don't remember who posted. I think at our last meeting we were told, no soup after full liquid stage unless it's to puree food during that stage. After that the soup liquid is considered exactly that.. .liquid and you have to wait to eat the broth later. I didn't expect that. One my friends says she misses eating soup now that she's RNY post-op. I think I'll eat soup this weekend! :scared2:

Tamra - you are doin great - you rock with getting back on track - good job on more Protein. dinner sounds Yummy.

I am so excited - I started Stage III pureed today - had egg salad for Breakfast (~1/4 c) and tuna salad for lunch (~1/2 c). It made such a big difference - I wasn't hungry like I have been with the Soup. I am going to try pureed chicken and gravy tonight - so we'll see.

CoCo - so glad today was better. My first shower afterwards was heaven! Tomorrow will be even better.

Lee - glad you are getting better. MoM is vile stuff! It took 6 hrs for it to work on me, but all the time before it worked everything was rumbling and feeling funny. I worked from home all day that day. Once it started working I really needed to be near the facilitites! I'm not sure how long your stage II is for the sleeve, but you might be sick of soup by the time you get to the end of it. I can't tell you how happy I am to be on Stage III.

Candra - you made me laugh with your comment. I know I am a work-aholic, but I really feel the pressure being the only one working to take care of a family/get the kids through college. Its actually a big step for me to ask for the limit on hours and it will be a big step for me to follow through on it. As you know it is hard to break our bad habits/addictions!

So Candra, Jes, Tamra, Riley, Heather and anyone else that wants to trek to the chicken capital of the world, Petaluma- Lets set the date in March for our wetlands walk and lunch. 3/20, 3/21, 3/27, 3/28?

Edited by wantshealth

Good evening!!!

Lee-That may have been me that mentioned the Soup. I only said that to Tamra regarding eating out with friends. I know "they" say we are not supposed to be eating soup, as it is considered a "slidder" food. However, when dining out with friends, considering my level of restriction, I'd rather eat soup than run the risk of getting sick/something stuck. Especially since many of my friends do not know about me being bannded. Also, I love soup. The main reason they say no soup is because many times it is not filling and will not keep you full for 3-4 hours. It does for me though. I usually choose Soups that are broth based so I don't get the extra calories. You will probably not want much soup after you leave the pureed stage. You may not even want to think about it. Most want to chew. I on the otherhand love soup and will probably eat it forever. LOL....

I think I ate too much for dinner....I'm sitting very upright... I may have to go walk on the treadmill. I really do need to exercise. I have logged 5469 steps and feel very tired though...What to do??? What to doooooo!!!

Okay, since my scale has said 198.3 yesterday and 198.2 today....I feel confident in changing my ticker...Here goes..... I'M IN ONEDERLAND!!!!!!

go Mo !!! Nice to see you in One-derland - and may I say that I notice the difference!! And - you can take my plate today! Nothing is agreeing with me - I've also got a sore throat - thanks to my brother - he's sick and passing it on... UGH!

Pat - I know how hard it is to take a stand and how scary it must be being the provider of your house but this is the time for you to shine and take care of you! I'm gonna get you T-shirts, Bumper stickers and whatever else has "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" on it!

Oh, Riley Jane - where for art thou? Hope all is well with you - I love this band thing and I have to say - you were 100% correct about all of it :scared2:

TamTam - You and ta-toes are like me & chocolate. I haven't had any in a couple days now. Maybe my scale will move - I was up at 3:40 last night and layed here tossing & turning for what seemed like hours and all I wanted was - get this - chocolate frosting - WTF?? but i don't have any so it was all good.

Yeah - John finally has some TMI to share with us LOL. Atta way to keep it real.

Tina - it was a piece of steak - Doc Who told me to try NOT to chew to mush so that it doesn't just slide thru the band - I'm working on a happy medium hahaha

I don't think Soup is totally out of the question for the rest of your life - I chose the band so that I could live a relatively normal life and so if I want some soup next winter - after I'm at my goal weight - i will have a little once in a while. Just gotta be careful with the slider and watch the calorie content.

Coco - what's the word tooter??

Ok, so I have a pair of american rag jeans - did I tell you all this story already?? anyway, they are stretch jeans size 13 - this particular style must run big becuase after I have them on for 15 min I get diaper booty - anyway, I love them so I got a used pair off ebay in a size 11 thinking they will be a little snug but I will stretch them out - NOT! Totally different cut - they didn't mention that these were low rise and I can barely get them to cover my A** and if I take the slightest breath in I will pop the button - My point being is that if this had happened before I would have been devistated but I just laughed and put them in my trunk at the foot of the bed for a later date because one day they WILL fit.

Ohhhh Candra...so can I have the 13's pleeease? hehe

hehehe JOhn & some actual tmi, u 2 funny.

let's see when the next brdzilla date, need me some real Candra time...hehehe

Actually Pat, I would enjoy the walk, but 3/20 best 4 moi

Candra - If they can't cover the trunk put them in the trunk! haha Ok I'm being silly. You are too funny. Yes they WILL fit soon!

Six more days........

Wow! John has jokes!!! Get him Candra!

John-didn't you say Nikki was gone? Give me her boots! Lol

Coco, I'm so happy to read that you got your color back and you're up and about.

Big Question - as many responses as possible.

Day before surgery - MoM.

1. How long did it take the stuff to "work"?

2. Did you stay home that day?

3. Could you have been at work that day?

4. Could you have been in your car driving around all afternoon?

I'm trying to figure out my work day next Tuesday. Thank you all for helping me figure this out. I need to be mobile if possible.

1- 2 hrs

2-no - I was at the beauty shop and I got on the lady's nerves cuz I had to get up every few minutes.... nuff said!

3- yes

4-no

Hey Candra - I love it - ITS ALL ABOUT ME! BTW- I love my band too - I felt it tonight big time. I only ate 1/3 c of pureed chicken with gravy and it was too much - my chest got tight and still is. I also was not hungry today with eating the softer Proteins. So glad as I was gettin worried that I wasn't gonna be able to keep going with being hungry so much.

Pat-wow you are rockin' the band! You will be in Onederland real soon. I see your ticker!!!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!!