Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Just got back from Kaiser. Met with Dr. Park for my 6 wk follow up. Didn't get a fill. Lost 14 lbs. since surgery. She said she gave me good restriction at the time of surgery (4cc). Although I don't feel any restriction. I don't feel hungry between meals either so I guess it's working as designed? I was hoping for some of the restriction I have heard about with other on this site. Oh well... All is good, Tamra and Pat, if you already have 4cc's, don't expect a fill. Now I am a bit bummed because I brought puree's to work thinking I would get a fill. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the well wishes for my baby girl. I am trying to take good care of my entire family. This round of illness has been really hard on us. Thanks........

On a positive note, as a result of my lack of food/eating yesterday. The scale was very friendly to me this morning. I was almost in shock...Except I remembered that I had that 1/2 bacon cheeseburger and a few unmentionables last night after I got home. It hasn't shown up on the scale yet. Also, I had very little Water yesterday. So I know it probably isn't real weightloss.....

The scale said I was 198.3lbs... I have to admit, I was a bit happy because I haven't been 198 since 2001!!!!! If only I can keep it up. I plan to get my a** on the treadmill this afternoon. Heck, I may even go for a walk this afternoon. I have to wait for the hubby to get home. I can't take the baby out in the air.......

Jes-I was able to do liquids for Breakfast, 5oz. grilled chicken for lunch and you see what my dinner was... I will just try to stay on program... Not ready for the 5-day pouch test.

Have a great day............

Ok so I need to post for some acountability here. I didnt realize how upset I was until after I ate it all....btw- kaiser called I didnt get the job...here goes what I ate:

Breakfast: 1 egg, sips of coffee,1/2 cup of lentil Soup, 1 tablespoon of raspberry white chocolate icecream with a huge whopping of whip cream!!!!!!! whew!!I am so glad I wrote all that..and now my stomach is killin me and I need to go volunteer at the police dept. I am so uncomfortable right now. I tried to make myself sick but no go....why did i DO THIS TO MYSELF i havent done this type of binge in so long...WTF!!!!!!!!!

Maria-Sorry you didn't get the job. There is one out there for you and it has your name written all over it. Hang in there. As for the food, lets not beat ourselves up!!! Just try to get yourself back on track with the very next meal... Get rid of the whipped cream and ice cream. I had too because just having it in the house made me want to eat it and just a little bit would "Set it Off" or set me off........... You can do it! Luv.....:rolleyes2:

Lee-are you going to the Mimis luncheon next Saturday, 2/20?

Thanks Monique. Let me tell you I cried my eyes out a minute ago and prayed..boy did I pray that gave me a sense of peace. Something reminded me that everything will be ok and that we always manage to have food on our table and a roof over our head in these cold months. We will be ok..and yes youre right there will be a job out there for me I need to just not worry and trust more.

sorry for this rollercoaster I showed all of you i was just on. Luv you all and do miss you ladies!!!

Maria-Ok girl. We didn't do this for nothing. Get yourself together....LOL

Cindy: I don't know how much is in my band, but I believe Dr. Baggs gives a fill at the 6 week check up as long as you lost weight; I think each surgeon is different.

Doing okay today, had 2 bites of hot dog after my 1/2 cup chicken Soup, didn't fill me up...ah well.

Each surgeon has their own philosophy on fills. I had zero at surgery and got 4 ccs at my 6 wk follow up appt and then 2 more ccs 3 mths later, then 1 more 6 mths later. Dr. Im and Dr. Park are conservative in their fills and give them less frequently but more at each fill.

Maria - I wouldn't call a tblsp of ice cream a binge - you stopped yourself as soon as you realized what you ate - that is what is important. Sorry you didn't get the job.

We will all be tested when life as its' ups and downs.

Candra - what did Bridezilla say about you missing her appointment?

Riley - where are you girl?

btw just emailed Dr. Fisher (Baggs is still out), and he told me usually people have 4 cc's in their band, but it isnt 100% or something like that due to it being aspirated...um ok, sooo what do I have dude? LOL

I'm one of Dr. Fisher/Dr. Who's patients. He puts 4cc's in on average at surgery. No, I did not get a fill at my 6 week appt. and I had lost 13.1lbs. I did get a fill at my 12 week appt. I had lost 17 or so lbs. So yes, it really depends on the surgeon. Also, I've heard that they have changed the way they do fills. I think they were getting into trouble.... Much stricter now. We have to "earn" our fills..... Since my fill on 1/4, I've lost approx. 5lbs... I hope to get a fill the first week in April at my 6 month appt.

I'm one of Dr. Fisher/Dr. Who's patients. He puts 4cc's in on average at surgery. No, I did not get a fill at my 6 week appt. and I had lost 13.1lbs. I did get a fill at my 12 week appt. I had lost 17 or so lbs. So yes, it really depends on the surgeon. Also, I've heard that they have changed the way they do fills. I think they were getting into trouble.... Much stricter now. We have to "earn" our fills..... Since my fill on 1/4, I've lost approx. 5lbs... I hope to get a fill the first week in April at my 6 month appt.

Thanks Monique, that give me some hope that I will actually get a fill at my next appt., which is also in April. Not sure what date yet. All the things I have expected, have not happened. Just a little discuraged, but still motivated.

Hi everyone, just checkin in. I am havin a lot of gas but it is FINALLY starting to come out hehehe. Other than that I am ok. Not really hungry yet kinda making myself put stuff in my tummy so had a few bites of Jello, a few licks of a popsicle and a few sips of broth so far today and my Water so all is well now. I have been walking outside in the culdesac so thats been good too. Its nice to get fresh air....!!!

Maria, the right job will come!! Keep your head up.

Donna i will be there on the 27th!! cant wait to see everyone...

Ok well Im gunna go walk and lay down...night all!!