Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok my example is if I send someone to NA/AA groups for support and than at the same time tell them to be very careful because THOSE people are addicts and you can't trust them (which is somewhat true by the way).......than I am defeating their support system and their trust in the group process. Simple social work/group process rules.

Again as always some of the staff at Kaiser is very, very, young and newly out of college. LEarning all this and people skills is a process. But I honestly think that issue with talking about patients in an open waiting room needs to be addressed. I hope that never happens again but I will likely talk to Dr. Baggs about it. Not to complain but to explain the trust issues that exists...........

I just think from a psychological viewpoint that Kaiser needs to strengthen there position and staff. Honestly a nurse and a dietation do their job...........but to try and aske them to be social workers or psychologist isn't fair either. I think they need a Bariatric Social worker!!! LOL or therapist for the ongoing monthly check ins!! THat would work SO MUCH better for me!!

Although having a social worker as a client for another social worker is a nightmare sometimes. You know answering questions with questions ...........LOL.

I still LOVE my surgeon and he is a great guy!! No problems there. And I feel comfortable telling him what is really going on and my frustration. He handles it well and makes me laugh about things........

I told him last time to document that I had a bit of an attitude in his file and he laughed. I told him I know how it goes when clients come to me with an attitude I write it down too..................He laughed and said he won't put that down!! I told him it would be ok since I was admitting it was true.........

DOn't be sorry for the convo Pat. I sorta found the whole thing interesting actually. I love a good convo starter.

Pam I totally agree with you. I think the longer you are in the process and the further out you get the more the initial excitement wears off and life with the band gets real. I remember being totally on fire a year ago and totally being charged up about everything Kaiser told me and every support group and process I could be involved in................that fades with time. I KNOW for me I was to band focused and not keeping up in other areas of my life. I have mentioned this a few time in the last few months. Eventually real life sorta catches up and you have to balance...............I think that is why I want to wean off Kaiser and all the appointments..........I came, I saw, I participated and I learned.............now I just want the darn fills and some space...........I think if I was only checking in every few months like some of you I would be in a better frame of mind. I feel like it is just to much, to often and for WAY to long...............

I want my space, my fills, to talk and check in with Dr. Baggs and to be able to calle the other Kaiser staff on my own if I need something.

I am more than a year out now................tired of the monthly sometimes weekly check ins!!

But yea I think those of us a little further out have different issues sometimes than the newly banded........just a process.

Anyone else want some space to figure it out on your own??

Oh and I know that to some degree our group is not liked. I have heard that..........sadly cause I don't agree with it but I am only a patient what do I know!! :-P

It’s so hard to keep up on this thread, so many posts!

Reggie what can we bring? Not sure I’ve seen a list. Want to make sure we don’t duplicate what someone else is bringing. How about Rum shots and Cannoli’s. Just Kidding. Well…ok…yes just kidding.

Did I mention I am a food addict???? I am feeling it the last few days!! I am craving sugar and comfort food even when I know I am not hungry.........I had a long drive today and had time to think about things...........I kept feeling like I needed to snack while I was driving.......I had to argue with myself not to stop and get something...........but darn it my mind kept coming back to the snacking thing..............I did bring Water and Vitamin water but I wanted a crunchy, snacky sort of thing........

ACtually I still do but I am home and fighting it.

I also had eggs this morning and I got full fast.........I felt like they were gonna come back up for a couple of hours. And I tasted a piece of waffle and right back up it came..........but that is the first time in months........ok true I grabbed water and forgot and tried to wash it down.............ahh I forget that NEVER, NEVER works it makes it hurt worse.........I am out of practice since my restriction has been nil since October...........darn but of course I was at a work Breakfast so you know that band had to make a showing..........now if I eat to much I get really naesuos lately...........not stuck just sorta sick........I don't know if that is restriction or just me thinking bout thinks just sitting ont he band.......grosses me out!! Again I am a food addict cuase I know this is crazy thinking.........

Ok gotta run I am posting to much and no one is there tonight!!

Pat - Keep at it your doing so good!! After my first two attempts I followed the stages for the first week so I know how hard it can be. So little to eat but in a year it wil be SO worth it!

Small request. Can people put their names in the signature block? It would make it much easier to remember names.

Hole-Smack-Roll!!!! I log off for a few hres and we are up 3 pages :)

Add me to the "exersize is not my friend" bench.

OMG! Tina I hope it wasn't my cousins baby you got today from Lodi :frown: Although it would do her and the baby some good lol!

Carnie was on VHS celeberty boot camp too. She is always trying something new for wieght loss. I feel sorry for her but the most obvious thing is she can't stick to any one program :sifone:

So I did day one of the Kaiser diet and I'm saving the icecream for a snack when the boys are in bed :huh2: Here is a pick of my dinner....

post-275870-13813139093517_thumb.jpg

Ash that doesnt look too bad... Good luck!!! I made a salad with grilled chicken on it for din din tonight. It was yummy!! I am already eye balling the pudding cups in my fridge WTF hehehehe... I need to just wait a few more days.

Pat & Tam, you are doing awesome!! I cant imagine how your feeling. I will soon but you just need to keep your head up and like john said in a year this will all be worth it we WILL be thin!!

Candra I relayed your message to Robbie and he said its on lol... Am I going to have to worry about the 2 of you while im under LMAO... Kick his butt!!!

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday OMG...this has been the slowest week EVER!!! I dont know what I am looking forward the most to, being on the bandside or not having to work for 2 whole weeks lol... I so need a break from my job!!

So im thinking about makin my cheesecake again since I made it last time and couldnt make it to Pam's....I know you said we dont have to bring anything Reggie but would that be ok???

WEll im gunna go watch some of the boob tube!! Have a great night all!

Ok, I had my 20 page post going on and it just disappeared!

Dr. Oz is on again at 8 on channel 6.

cant rewrite all that crap again but... Luv you all

That would be great Cindy. I for one am going to write to ask why we can't have fills in Sacramento. It seems silly to have to drive so far and wait so long.

Lee don't give it a 2nd thought about starting a firestorm. We enjoy this kind of stuff. Even though you have not heard it I've heard Liz & Robin talk about this group and how we do what we want. Liz told me that at my case mgr appt.

Tina they must go from one extreme to the other. Nobody checks on me weekly or monthly. It will be 3 months in between my fill which I think is crazy. Even when Robing was calling right after my surgery she was so quick and off the phone I couldn't get into it.

Hang in there Pat & Tamra it's a struggle I know I was hungry where you are too. I can;t say it get better because I think Im just used to eating more than a 1/2 cup....

I would LOVE to have fills in SAcramento!!! My PCP told me a year ago they were coming but than it never happened. Dr. Baggs might be up for it but he is so darn busy now. He has ALOT of band patients..............I know he comes to Roseville to do seminars once in awhile. But serious I think they are all overwhelmed with fills now. Can you imagine he is constantly adding new bands every week..............and between surgery and fills..............geez I know he is crazy busy............I used to get in anytime I wanted to see him NOT ANYMORE.........it takes weeks and weeks. I don't want to go this month but I am afraid to cancel cause I doubt I will get an appointment in March it will be more like April.................I can't be on the cancellation list cause I have to take time off work and need a warning first........

I have to take vacation this month to go and I really don't want to take a day off. March I have a week off and it would be better to go than.........we'll see how it goes.........

Who do we write...........

Edited by swrktp

Dang I think my post got lost back a few pages...all of a sudden everyone posted at once...

John I will put my name in sig for you.

Tina that's how it is for all of them. Dr P must be real busy too. I wonder if they are going to go back to having Liz do fills? That might free them up a bit. Well I doubt if I would let Liz do my fill but some body might LOL

I am not sure who we need to write to, but I will start checking around and post it when I find out.

I am in the 50 plus club too. I am finding this group really helpful and online works best for me with my busy schedule. I think we each have to do what works best for us. Anything that makes this journey easier and more successful is a good thing in my mind.