Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. My surgeon is Dr. Baggs. I have done my meet with him and the psych evaluation. I have been pronounced sane :-)

Hi,

I am doing the pre-op diet too, but am still going to Weight Watchers for that accountability factor. I think it will help me in the long run as I am used to tracking and watching what I eat now. My scale was down 4.2 last Tuesday. It will be interesting to see how I do when I weigh in tomorrow. I hear there is a support group that meets at the Raleys on Hazel and Madison on Thursday nights at 7:00. I am usually in my jammies by then, but I know I should check it out.

Weight watchers is good; that does help with the accountablity.

When did you start your process?

I would like to learn more about that group that meets on Thursdays as that is close to me. Do you know what type of group it is? Maybe I check out the Raleys website and will have some info.

I had the same thing happen with the diarrhea. Are you taking the CVS calcium chews? It took a month for Robin to finally find the reason for my diarrhea. It was the chews. I can now swallow small pills so when I switched the diarrhea stop immediately. Good luck.

Welcome Newbies......:-)

I had Dr. Baggs and i LOVE him he is the best!!! Great sense of humor too!!

I had surgery in April of 2009

Raley huh? WHy where they have a support group at a grocery store??? Let me know that is close to me!!

Ugh....called kaiser today to schedule my next fill and the next appt for Dr P is March 10th. What the heck am I going to do until then? I'm so pissed. I guess I'll have to call every few days for a cancellation. Oh, and the girl on the phone told me that I HAVE to see Robin 1st. I wish they would get the story straight. I may email Dr P and see what she says. I have no restriction, zero. Ugh...did I say that already?:angry:

Welcome Laurel! I'm from Elk Grove. The Point West meeting is a good one, but it's only once a month. There's a meeting at Kaiser Elk Grove, every Monday, but it's no good. They make it very clear it is a RNY meeting. We went once and were told they had a guest speaker and were charging $20 per person. We sat outside their group and had our own, and it was great!

Lightbulb. Maybe we should crash the EG meeting and hang out outside... have our own group. Maybe every other week?

Just got an email at work, they're having a mobile body-fat testing thing available to employees and families. It's $40. I think I'm going to do it, it's the same day I start my challenge at the gym, it'll be a nice base line to start with. I'm really hoping to be at my surgery goal by March/April.

Update- 3 men were arrested in the shooting, one had his 18-month old daughter with him in the car.

Tina - I agree, that is too funny - WLS in a Grocery store LOL

Heather - That Body Fat testing thing sounds perfect! I'm sure you'll be at your goal soon. I feel like this weather has us all slowed down - all but Ms. Riley, Jane! Any more info than the 3 arrested? Why? Did they know them?? CRAZY SCARY

JES - sorry you don't have any restriction. It makes all the difference in the world. Just cancel the appt with Robin - you don't need it and go straight in to see Park. Try eating hamberger patties and see if you feel restriction then. That is when I feel it the most!

Ok, My Pro's, what is the census on sunflower seeds? I thought that when we hit the movies from now on I could bring those to help with the popcorn issue - the ones IN the shells - they take a while to eat and you just can't eat enough to really make a difference on the calorie scale. Opinions??

Hi all, just letting you know I PASSED THE TEST!!! I can officially enroll for Spring classes for RDA! YAY!!

Also, I got Mountain Mikes pizza for my bf and ex and yeaaaa.....I sucked on pepperonis...how horrible is that...but, it made me feel like i ate some so whatever *shrugs*

Omg Tamra, that is just like Annalee's licking whatever she licked. lol. My sister used to chew french fries and spit them out, so gross.

Attn ladies who like the diet cran/pom juice... it's on sale at Raleys/BelAir for $2.99.

Yes, it is held at Raleys. I don't know why they hold it there, but Liz at my last appointment told me I should go. It is supposed to be Thursday nights at 7:00 PM.

I don't know why they picked Raleys. Maybe they have menu suggestions and it would be convenient to pick up the recommended items. Anyway, it might be worth checking it out since it is close to you. It isn't too far for me either as I live in Fair Oaks.

Be careful to not accidently swallow a shell. That would probably not be good.