Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Happy Sunday everyone, start of a new week.. So yesterday I went out and revamped my fridge & cabinets. I picked up all healthy choices for the week.

Sounds like you all had fun yesterday. I would have loved to go bra shopping. None of mine fit. I took all the underwires out but still don't fit. Where is this store at? I don't think I need to wait till June to get a new bra LOL.

Lee, wow how exciting! The good thing is the rain is supposed to stop by wednesday so if you have on your bike shorts and sports bras nobody will give it a second thought LMAO :cursing:

I wish I was able to check out that CoCo group yesterday. Keep us informed maybe next time.

Tamra how ya doing? are you off the lortab yet? That stuff made me crazy so I had Tylenol for back up. Any gas? oh don't forget your water... you should be back up to the regular amount of Water by now.

ok I miss some people, Donna, oh Miss Donna where for art thou? Hope things are going ok.

Riley? how's #1, 2, 3 4? I feel you on trying to not get too attached once they figure that out you are super vournable.

John, are you still at the beach? I'm guessing you have quite the tan by now.

Pat, sending positive thoughts your way for this week. Dr P is wonderful. Call if you need to talk or have questions. Don't worry about being stressed from work or any of that stuff, you will get plenty of rest over the next 4 weeks.

ok, I'll check back a little later smooches

thanks everyone for the welcome! All your stories are so inspiring. I am hoping for the lapband surgery, I was surprised to learn that most of Kaiser's surgery's are the gb...will they ask me the procedure I prefer or do they make the decision for you?

Jess I'm with you I need to go bra shopping too. That'll be lots of fun to all go and have a group bra shopping day. Hey I miss you all sorry I couldnt make it yesterday. I feel so left out.

Alison, you and your surgeon will make that decision together when you have your surgical consult. I have Dr. Baggs and really like him. He recommended the Sleeve for me. Kaiser does seem to prefer the RNY - GB.

At orientation you'll learn about the Band and RNY. They don't say much about the sleeve. You'll get a binder with information about pre-op diet, the surgeries, and forms to track your food, hydration, emotions and changes you're making to prepare for surgery. You'll also learn about changing behaviour patterns like not chewing gum, drinking soda, eating in front of the TV etc.

This is so exciting that you're starting your journey.

Allison - It is up to you as to what surgery you want. and all I really want to say about that is that Kaiser pushes RNY on everybody so if that's not what you want then be firm. Also, you may get some PM's from people voicing THIER opinions on what surgery you should get so don't be influenced by anybody else - do your own research and decide FOR YOURSELF what is best for you. No suregery is a cure all - with the band you struggle in the beginning until you get the right adjustment & restriction for your body then it gets easier to lose the weight - with the BP you have it real easy in the beginning while the mal absorbtion is working but once that wears off you struggle to keep your eating habits in check for the duration. Don't know much about the sleeve since it was not an option for me when I started they just started doing them. Sounds like a good option too though. but again, NONE OF THESE ARE A CURE ALL OR MIRACLE PROCEDURE - you still are responsible for your eating habbits - the ones in your head LOL Good luck!

Coco - all the pics on my camera suck! The light in tha background is horrible and you can't really see anything so tell Robbie not to quit his day job LOL

Heather - can't wait for you to email me the one on your camera - I will PM you my emal address right now.

Left Boob - where you at - you need to keep us up to date on your progress - weight yourself yet??

I totally agree Candra you said it sister!! Oh and I would be totally ok if you posted our panty pic lol...I told Robbie he is fired and not allowed to take pics anymore. lol...

I cant wait to see all the pics.. put em up ladies....

So I really want to post my weight because I wont get on a kaiser scale until my CM apointment which better be this week.... So here goes this am I was 219... YAAAAAYYYYYYY I honestly cant remember the last time I was here... Im stoked!!! I called my mom this am and told her to start packin her bags to come to Cali cuz im gunna get this done soon hehehe...

Good morning all

Well my car was broken into this morning at 5 am. My alarm scared them off once they broke the window, so I am dealing with the stress of finding someone cheap enough to fix it.......

I am taking the vicodin just twice a day now. I am very sore around my port, and my daughter hit me last night in one of the incisions which didnt help to much.

I was 243.2 this morning on my scale ;) but I wont update my ticker until Feb 3 when I go see my PCP.

Allison - It is up to you as to what surgery you want. and all I really want to say about that is that Kaiser pushes RNY on everybody so if that's not what you want then be firm. Also, you may get some PM's from people voicing THIER opinions on what surgery you should get so don't be influenced by anybody else - do your own research and decide FOR YOURSELF what is best for you. No suregery is a cure all - with the band you struggle in the beginning until you get the right adjustment & restriction for your body then it gets easier to lose the weight - with the BP you have it real easy in the beginning while the mal absorbtion is working but once that wears off you struggle to keep your eating habits in check for the duration. Don't know much about the sleeve since it was not an option for me when I started they just started doing them. Sounds like a good option too though. but again, NONE OF THESE ARE A CURE ALL OR MIRACLE PROCEDURE - you still are responsible for your eating habbits - the ones in your head LOL Good luck!?

Words of wisdom Candra! Great post :-)

Tamra that sucks about your car!! Nice on the weight loss tho . . . go ahead and change your ticker, you can be sure it's not coming back this time!!

Oh and Tamra, the port stings like an SOB for a long, long time!! Nothing to be done for it. chewable tylenol worked as well for me as that liquid vicodin - YUCK

thanks Riley! question... so i just got this fill and while i think im getting close im not sure i have "restriction" but im not sure. I can feel EVERY bite i take go thru the band right away but the thing is, I can actually FEEL it & it kina hurts. Did u ever experience this phase?

Tamra, u need to check ur insurance to see if ur comp coverage has a full glass replacement endorsement. Dont worry, comp claims wont raise ur rates. So excited bout your weight loss - Update that ticker girl!

Coco - work it out Mz. 219.

Does anybody else find themselves ever using their txt abbreviations while typing? I just realized that I've been doing that LOL

We got new panties yesterday.....

post-264449-13813139072843_thumb.jpg

post-264449-13813139073092_thumb.jpg

post-264449-13813139073311_thumb.jpg

post-264449-1381313907352_thumb.jpg

Candra - You are too funny - you can always make me laugh. I love the nick names and the pantie pic! BTW - you look awesome in the group pic. Where you the one who knows how to fit a bra - I have always wanted to be fitted for one cause sometimes I really don't think I get the right size. Right now I am just hooking them tighter as I lose!

Nicolie - or I think you are now CoCo - you also look awesome in the group pic. You can really see how much you have lost! You beat me at 219! We'll see where I am come Tuesday - been really trying to eat lightly.

Lee - you are doin' great. If you and I make it to Reggie's I'll bring the 18/20 and you and CoCo can divide em up! I have alot more 16s since that was always my highest weight until the last year or so.

Riley - where are you - I need you girl!!

Donna - I'm gettin' worried - r u OK?

Jes and everyone - thanks for the encouragement. I will have Michael text or call on Tuesday so you know how I'm doin'. I am really ready. Got some good sleep this weekend (woke up with a Migraine yesterday) and feel a lot better.

Pat - thanks for the compliment ;) sizing for a bra is the easiet thing on earth - only problem is it's just a guideline as they are all a dat bit different styles & brands.

1. measure your ribcage right below your breasts - that is your bra size. if it is an odd number you can go down a size or up a size depending on the brand & style - for instance - I measure a 33 so I wear a 34 bra.

2. measure around your breasts at the fullest part. subtract your rib cage measurement from that number - every inch is a cup size

so if your rib cage is a 34 & the fullest part of your breast is a 38 - that is a four inch difference (1"=a, 2"=b, 3"=c, 4"=d) you would be a 34D. "Piece of cake" - or "pice of steak" since we are all on protiens now LOL

two days lady!

Today is my nieces 16th B-day - I'm taking her & a few friends to Cal Skate in Rohnert park - Pat, Riley - you two should meet me there - good exercise! 6:30 - 9

ok I'm really a dork I thought you all had ur pantie on and had black legs LOL. so you can see Candra I use my text words here.

BTW: Candra you look hot and so do you Nicolie, hell you all look good. Nice to see you April, how are ya?