Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I lost my pedo............it fell off somewher I hope at work!! So I have no idea. I did eat well today and wrote it all down.

No treadmill here unless I get to the gym.......I wish I have WII fit which I will do later when my daughter is done with her show...........

Zumba sounds fun!!

Wow Candra, I can't believe it Dr Who is rockin. Dr P evidently is not feeling the 5 cc bit. You should have good restriction now. How do you feel? how much weight did you loose? I'm hoping to get to -10 soon. BUt after talking to Liz it seems that I can call sooner so I'll see how i do in the next couple weeks.

I totally grazed today...snacks were out at work and once I started I couldn't stop. I was telling Liz last night that I felt like I was the only one in the room that was struggling and she cracked me up...she said "oh those people are full of shit" they mess up. I thought is was funny. I think this is the only place where we are all honest and I really appreciate it. The support is wonderful.

Tamra, feel better and get some rest. Tomorrow is Friday so it's probably time to get out and walk outside even the mall if somebody will drive you. I'm telling you the walking was the best thing for me.

Reggie, I'm down for coming up. I won;t make it this weekend I've got a baby shower to attend. How long of a wait is it about now for Dr P? I need to know when to call in :biggrin:

Hey all - don't know how long my internet will work - get's funky in the rain - I think I already told you that LOL

Tina - he said he was reluctant because I had such a large hernia. That he wants to take it slow - F*** that! It's fixed now so let us move on - also because I haven't lost much weight. I told him how great I felt for the first two months after surgery - not wanting to eat at all and was hoping I'd get that back a bit with a fill. he said that was the fixing of the hernia that made me feel that way and that I will always still feel hungry with the band. that my expectations of it making me less hungry are not realistic but then he said that at my weight, my body is not hungry if I'm eating 1/2c of food 3x daily - said it's all in my head - HMMMM? Guess it's time for hypnotism! Oh, and your tummy doesn't growl - he said that's just air moving thru your bowels - the burping he said is caused by the hernia being fixed too WTF? - I'm so damn tired of that hernia LOL Never caused me so much grief before now all of a sudden it's my main issue :biggrin:

I'm a bit hungry right now but not too bad. All I've had today is a cup of coffee this morning. It's so much easier to just not eat at all. Just knowing that I "can't" is enough for me to not. I truly believe I've been messing up becausde of lack of sleep caused by stress - why oh why are sleeping pills off the table? Sleep is the root or all evil! Dr. Oz said that if you're craving sweets it's because you're tired - I so want some chocolate frosting right about now.

Hey Left Boob - how ya doing?

Reggie - actually 1 pair is a 16 and the other is a 14. they are all yours

Hey Jes - I've only lost 12lbs - actually I lost 16 but in the last two weeks of midnight carbs I've gained 4 back. I was honest and told him that and he said that stress plays a major role in our behaviors but i need to learn to control id - basically work it out! He's not as humorous as Liz when he talks about thinkg but has her same demeanor - honest and tells it like it is but never rude!

My fill doesn't feel like anything - 5cc's to me feels the same as 3 did - however - I will give you a more definate answer in a couple of days when I get to eat solid food. so skipping the mushy stage again LOL.

The actual fill was weird - he was poking around a bit - none of that in & out with the needle stuff - just with his fingers making sure he knew where it was at first. Since I got the numbing shot first I just felt alot of pressure - felt like he was gonna push right thru me - then he had me do a partial crunch - most exercise I've had all week LOL

3.5 cc's here ladies and after being up to 6cc's it is a huge difference I don't feel anything at all.......when you have restrition you know it. It is a huge difference.

Candra 2ccs is a big fill!! You should feel it at least for awhile. Hmm I had Dr. Fischer at my orientation and he did mention something about hunger and the band. Hmm.....

No, Tina, as of yet I don't feel anything - I expected to feel tight in my chest but nope - nada. Don't feel it when I'm drinking anything either so i know that riley had said it kicks in for her a few days later and really I haven't had any food to test it out with but i'd have to say it hasn't done anything for me as of yet.

You need a fill :biggrin:

Candra - thought I might catch you on in your no sleep mode. I worked until 1:30 am. It is nuts trying to get everything done for 4 weeks and I have no management support since I have a new manager and I am needing to leave everything for one of my staff that isn't a manager so doesn't know how to do certain things. Aarrrghh - I really didn't need this stress right before surgery! I ate when I came home tonight - Soup and bread with Peanut Butter. Not the best choice but it is late and I am beyond tired. So tired I can't sleep. I am also still a little freaked about the only 1/4 or 1/2 cups. I can't seem to believe that I will be full and have enough energy with that little food. Interesting that your doc says you shouldn't be hungry. Everyone seems to be struggling and I know I probably will be too. I just want this to be workable and to be able to lose it once and for all - I hope all this won't turn into another failed attempt for me. OK so I am probably overtired and worrying too much.

Tamra - thinking a lot about you - sending healing thoughts your way.

Good Morning!

Would anyone like to join me for this luncheon at Mimi's tomorrow? I'm shy and would love someone to go with. I think some people bring their kids.

Nor Cal Luncheon & Clothing Exchange THIS SAT RAIN OR SHINE

Time to Celebrate the New Year party.gif and plan our get togethers and outings for 2010 so bring your calendars and we'll plan the year ahead!!

Who: Anyone who wants friendship and camaraderie while on their weight

loss journey and maintaining their weight loss. This isn't a formal

support group meeting but a get together among friends who support

one another in their Quest for better health. Of course it goes without

saying, our So Cal friends are always welcome too.

When: Sat. January 23rd- 12:00 p.m. RAIN OR SHINE!!!

Where: Mimi's Cafe Concord, CA

1631 Willow Pass Rd

Concord, CA- (925) 969-9790

http://www.mimiscafe.com/

Don't forget our clothing exchange, feel free to bring things you have "under grown" out of!

Please let me know if you'll be joining us so that I can tell Mimi's how many folks to plan on.

Hugs,

Barb

Attending

Barb, Ron & Isla

Lee

PShock

Deb

Eileen

Elizabeth

Ms. Blues

Judy

Marie

Dolores

Nancy & Lon

Tammy

Rachel

Laurie

Carolyn

My scale moved a little this morning. I've lost two pounds since Monday morning.

Now just one more to be at goal, but I need a few more because I'll be wearing clothes. Should I make an appt to have Bev weigh me next week? I'm sure I'll be ready! I so want a surgery date right now!!

I'll be eating as close as possible to zero carbs until I get my date. This week I stuck to much lower carbs and it helped a lot.

Good Morning -

Home on a furlough day but of course had to get up at 6 am to get my boys up for school. Work was stressful yesterday - I don't know how much work they think I can at the same time. I did ok with my food at work - 1/2 Kashi Go Lean dry Cereal (95 cal) and a small banana, lunch 1/2 Bush's baked Beans, then I went home - had 1 cup ice cream - oops. I should have just drank a Protein Shake - I knew I was having a late dinner. But I did go to the gym and rode the bike for 1/2 hr - 8 miles on hills and did my weights. I went out with my singles group - 8 women and 2 men for dinner at an Italian restaurant and then there was a comedy show at 8:30 - we had 12 women and the same 2 men for that. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs with the side salad. I ate most of the salad, then had about 1 1/2 c spaghetti and a couple of bites of meatball, plus a small piece of garlic cheese bread. I was so full - but strangely enough I didn't feel like I was going to pb. I ate it over about an hour's time. I got home at 11 pm and was asleep by 11:30 which is 2 hours past my bedtime. The good thing about going to bed later for me was falling asleep right away.

I had 1/2 a meatball and 1/3 c noodles for Breakfast. Having some teriyaki chicken for lunch and I have a 5 pm appointment at the gym for my orientation - I know that lady is going to work my butt off.

Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow.

Good morning!!!

Tina I so want to take a look at the 18/20's Thats what I am in right now. I am bringing some 22's and a pair of 24's and a bunch of shirts. Im so excited too because my friend is coming with me. She has been banded since July and has had a totally different journey. I have told her all about you all and she is excited!!! I havent seen her since September so it will be fun to see eachothers weight loss!!!

I agree on only using my Kaiser weight. I guess im lucky because the scale at point west and Richmond are usually 2 or 3 lbs lighter than mine. So as of this am I was at 225 on my scale which could be 222 or 223 at Kaiser.. I wont weigh in again until I have an appointment with Liz which im praying will be next week. I will go to Point West in the AM that day tho and weigh in just to be sure hehehehe... I am getting Antsy to get my date UGH!! lol I went to Walmart last night and bought my calcium chews and flinstone complete Vitamins hehehehe... I started them this AM...I want to be ahead of the game.

Pam are you coming tomorrow too??? Maria???

Left Boob, where are ya girly??? How ya feeling??

Lee you can do it... I totally think you will be at goal next week for sure!!! I would make an appointment to weigh in!! You are rockin!!

Candra are we still going bra shopping after lunch tomorrow.. Im in desperate need!!! Im about to stuff socks in mine hahahaha... I wasnt losing my boobs until the lasdt 10 lbs WTF......now they are GONE!!!

John hows it going??? How was mexico???

Pat!!! Im so excited for you.....You are amazing and will rock your band!!! I cant wait until Monday im sure you cant either!!

Ok well I better get some work done. Im so glad its Friday... have a good day everyone!!