Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tamra- I am excited for you! It's a good day cause it's also my b-day!

hahahah thanks Tina!!! I ended up biting ALL MY NAILS OFF today. I said you know what screw this, I am not taking any chances.

I will take the pill tonight before bed like they told me, but I dunno about the one in the morning since I cant have anything to drink??

I am going to drop the baby off, then staying at my bestfriends house since he lives in Pinole. I have to be there @ 630 in the AM. I hope the MOM kicks in soon =(

Did anyone else get two pills, one for before bed and one in the AM for naseua? (sp)

Yes Tamra I got them, they are to prevent nasuea, and they work! My drive-through surgery was easy-peasey! Just remember when you first wake up after, the elephant that lives in post-op is gonna be sitting on your chest! He goes away but that's how he greats us all when we get out. Be ready for him and don't panic! Just turn on you side a little (away from the portk which will be on your left) and breathe! Oh and have the lovely nurses rub your shoulders to get rid of that gas :-)

Tamra you take the morning one with a tiny sip of Water

Tamra I was the first up to and I was in the room and out by 7:50am. I looked at the clock right before. I was out by 9am. Barium swallow at 11am but they tried to get me moving before that.........I was to tired to wake up so they let me sleep until 11am. I slept through the Barium swallow don't remember to much!!

I was loopy that day so I can't be held accountable for what I might have done!!!

Shoulder rub by nurse.............ah I got jipped!! Seriously Riley what did you do to get that treatment.

Ah the elephant. Yep that was the worse part for me but give it an hour and it decides to stand up and quit bugging ya so much. I really got a nice dose of pain killers but be careful cause they make you sleepy. I had the nurses change the face mask for a nose mask and that helped me alot with the breathing.......and that darn elephant!!

Tell Dr. Baggs we all say hello and ask him if got any on call emergencies the night before..........LOL

Hey everyone!!

Mo* girl ill try and call you back tomorrow I am at my moms house already!

This MOM has me hurting I am not happy lol no bathroom moments yet tho.

I will take the pills in the AM

Today I started my version of the pouch test...I had Soup and some crab & shrimp. boy do I want some carbs!! I can't believe it how hooked i am. I just ate my Calcium chew just to have a boost :mad:

Well good luck tomorrow Tamra even though I know you don't need it.

Good evening everyone!

Tamra-Okay gurl....It's your turn!!! Enjoy! and yes, please call me when you can.

Jes-Please tell me about this Pouch test...I seriously need something. I am a carb addict too.

I did pretty good today...Especially with the exercise. I hit the treadmill again for 61:37 minutes, 3.28miles... I am wiped out....I am getting ready to go watch Biggest Loser!!! I need constant motivation.

Riley??? Where have you been???

Jes-Thanks, I'm going ot check it out. I will see you tomorrow. I plan to come to the meeting.

Lee-See you tomorrow lady....

Who else is coming????

The pouch test isn't a cure all. It is very hard and it seems you gain the weight back really quick once you stop. I have done it twice. It does make you lose quick but for me once I back to regular lap band eating I gained in back in a few days. I am afraid it was alot of Water weight................BUT for right before an appointment or a fill it might be a great idea!! I could do that and than call for an earlier appointment. As soon as I am down Dr. Baggs said I don't have to wait I can call for a fill...........just scheduling is a problem take forever unless someone cancells!!

Hi all - had a quiet weekend - love the sound of rain on the roof. I am reading Stones into Schools by Greg Mortensen; he wrote Three Cups of Tea. It is about him getting lost when he didn't make it mountain climbing up K2 and he ended up in a small village in northern Pakistan where he was helped and he promised to come back and build the village a school. The book I am reading picks up after the first school was built - today he has built 131 schools in Pakistan and Afganistan that have reached 58,000 kids - all community built and all open to educating girls in equal numbers as boys. Since this was Marin Luther King Jr holiday here is a quote from Dr. King that started chapter 6

"But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough, can you see the stars."

Tamra - I am sending positive vibes your way and lots of prayers. You will do fine. Just make sure you can rest after. I will send you a PM with my number. Remember you are doing this so you will be healthy a long long time for you and for your daughter. You are doing a great thing by taking this step to take care of yourself.

I am swamped at work and didn't make it to the SR support group tonight and won't make it to the Richmond group tomorrow. I have alot I have to get done before I am out for 4 weeks. I have been a little down - worried about if I will be able to do it since I have failed so many times at weight loss - I keep thinking about how little food 1/4 and 1/2 c are. (I'm a volume eater!). I seriously wish mine were tomorrow too, I think I have been waiting and thinking for too long!

Jes - Happy belated B'day.

Nicole - so glad your ankle is a little better.

Candra - we should get on and talk at night - I'm not sleeping well either!

Riley - what have you been up to?

Nicollie - we are cheering for you - can't wait to see when you will get scheduled.

Lee - you sound like you are almost there - awesome!

Pam, Maria, Donna, Annalyn, Reggie, John - hope you are all well.

Good night all

Good Morning Everyone!

Tamra, you probably won't read this, but I woke up at 5am and started sending lovely healing thoughts your way. I know that you're going to do terrific!

I'm inching my way towards an appointment with Liz.

Monday - 233.2

Tuesday - 231.6

Wednesday - 231.4

I'm hoping to go get weighed in soon. I need to be at 237 at home so that I'll be 230 with clothes on.

Have a fabulous day everyone! Could someone please send me a PM when you hear from Tamra? I'd really appreciate it.