Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Reiley - I got the Midnight Fantasy - it's in a dark purple box or is it blue? Hmmm? Anyway - that's the one I got.

Tamra - what time did they tell you to be there?

8 am surgery :mad: be there at 6:30 am!

Did anyone else get two pills, one for before bed and one in the AM for naseua? (sp)

Congrads Riley. I had my surgery on 1/5/10 and they didn't give me any pills before or after. Everything went great. I was home by 1:00 pm. The pain is fine the day of, but the next day will be a bit harder. Mostly sitting up by yourself.

congrads on your band cinla, haven't heard from ya in a while, my Concord buddy :mad:

I wonder why I got these pills then? maybe because I said I was scared of being sick to my stomch?

Tamra Im so excited for you!!! OMG..... You are going to do great!! YAY...

I cant wait to hear all about it... :mad:

Sorry I don't write much. I'm pretty busy at work. Things are a bit slow today so I have a chance to visit this site. This group is really active. It's hard to keep up.

Tamra- I wasnt given any pills the night before. And yes you will more than likely be the first surgery. Don't worry the nurse who called me in was so nice. They first weigh you in and then give you your booties, hair net and gown (so no need to wear panties or a bra) I went in baggy sweats no nderclothes (sorry for the TMI) but it beats bending and trying to put everything on. Then they gave me the pills for nausea and iv and i think that's about it I am sure I am missing something...anyone? then I was walked in to the operating room next thing I was in the recovery room then getting the barium swallow than discharged it was that QUICK. Sorry for the quick breakdown..but wanted you to get a somewhat understanding of what to expect. Yu will be fine cant wait to hear from you tomorrow. Get some rest gurlie tomorrow is the begining of a whole new you.

Thanks Maria~ I wonder why I got these random 2 pills?

I was going to wear some yoga pants and a hoodie.

No more eating after 6pm....no response from the MOM, should I be worried? LOL!

Woohoo Tamra! I'm so excited for you!

I'm trying really hard to follow the beck book, today was eating slowly and mindfully. FAIL. Oh my.

Tamra, what fun to come home from work and read all your updates. 6:30 will be here before you know it, then surgery will be over and you'll be on your way home.

I fractured my ankle on Thanksgiving 2007 and July 2008 had a long surgery to fix everything. Then November 2009 had my gallbladder out. I came through both like a champ so I'm not at all worried about you. I know you were feeling a little nervous but you're going to do fine. Surgery at your young age is a snap!

It sounds like Maria gave you a great rundown of what to expect. I bet that MOM will kick in at some point and you'll feel like a new woman. Has your mom already taken your daughter?

I'll say lots of prayers for you in the morning when I wake up!

Thanks Lee! yes it's the sleeping part I am most worried about.

I don't know what MOM does, but I have the WORSE lower stomach pressure right now it kinda hurts to stand!

My daughter is still with me I am not dropping her off till about 730/8pm. I want to keep her till her bed time :mad:

I had the two pills they are for naseua and I was glad I had them. I also got some the day of in an IV.

I saw Dr. Baggs today. No fill but I guess Robin told him to consider giving me a small one but he overruled. I have to be down 5 to get a fill and I am up 5.......***sigh***** I am going back in a month and have to be down. His nurse told me no one got fills today out of 4 people in front of me I told her to just make it five. LOL He is getting stricter with fills like the other docs!!

But yea he was ok. I toldhim I knew no fill but I was "being accountable and weighing in" He laughed and said he wasn't gonna yell if that was what I was waiting for. I said don't worry I already heard it from Robin and I told him I gave it right back to her. He said oh no.........he said usually when that happens there is a note in the file about it. He didn't find anything. I was very nice about it just said that I couldn't be 100% honest if I was gonna get lectured and she was cool with that.I told him I was a social worker and didn't have a problem telling people how to talk to me so I would really listen!! He just laughed..........he said ya those social workersat least your not a psychologist they are worse!! I toldhim that I know Social workers can be assertive and annoying since I hang out with them all the time and they annoy me too

I just told him her words are usaully right on but the delivery is lacking sometimes. I told him that I didn't think I could work with her anymore if I wansn't honest cause the approach was bother me. I am sure he wrote it down.......so Robin will know.

He said he was not gonna lecture me and I told him but I droveall the way from Sacramento to hear the lecture...........LOL. I told him actually I needed to come otherwise it gets to easy to just put off the whole thing.

Anyway he was cool about it. HE just told me he is 100% sure I can get down before the next appointment but yep he is gonna hold me to it........but yea no lecture and no yelling!! Just the facts and the rules...........works for me!!

Tamra I told him to watch out for you tomorrow. He of course can't admit he knows you but he smiled. I told him to get some sleep and he laughed and said tell her I am on call tonight.........than he laughed and said but also tell her I will get a good nights sleep too!!! :-) I told him about your nails and he said he didn't care about that but the anthes doc is very picky so one off both nails. Excited for ya.

Oh Liz was there too I tried to get in to talk to her but she had alot of appointments today. I could have used some of her wisdom I like the way she thinks. But no time today.........

Edited by swrktp