Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

thats what I figured. School started already, I have to wait till the Spring but that's okay, I need to do Weds first :thumbup:

Do you guys ever look at peoples progress photos and wonder if their doing better with the band then kaiser people because they didnt have to loose 20, 30+ before??

I was just looking and these people are rocking it, saying "down 30" etc. and I wonder if its better having the band, not loosing and loosing weight AFTER??

I know what you mean Tamra. I post ever so often on the Sept band page and some of them have like 7 cc's already, lost hella weight and here I am down 15, at a standstill with 4cc's....WTF?

Hey ladies!

I'm popping in and out. I couldn't decide on a dinner to make, and I have tons of stuff but its all frozen! So, with the help of the google gods, I've decided to make lasagna using zucchini instead of noodles. I might throw in some spinach for good measure too. Totally different than my normal lasagnas.

Can I just tell y'all that I can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Nicole- I have a binder with paper and a notebook for you. I put them in my trunk this morning so I wouldn't forget!

Finally got a moment to sit down and log on. I was gone from the house from 7 am - 5:30 pm today - and it was a furlough day. I went on a cool field trip with my daughter's 5th grade class to the Discovery Science and Space Museum to do the Mission to Mars. We had to be at school an hour before school started and we got back at 1:30 - I made some photocopies and read my book. We went to the gym after dinner - my fifth day this week. Can't go tomorrow as I have to clean my house for my ladies and do laundry and make deviled eggs. I so can't wait to sleep in tomorrow - was up at 6 am today.

Tamra - OMG! I am so excited and can't believe you are now before me! I finally got my wish and will really have a buddy to do this with! Nicollie you will be with us soon too!

I haven't been online all week because I've been so busy at work trying to get ready for being gone 4 weeks. I was nervous back in November but I have to say I am pretty calm - although pretty focused on it - think about it all the time. I'm so sorry your little one is not well - be really careful because they won't do the surgery if you are sick with a cold, etc. And stop with the junk - you are gonna stay on track and be a skinny gorgeous RDA! (So happy you are looking into that and going back to school! - my sister-in-law is in the dental field and RDAs and hygenists are in demand and make good $$.)

OK so here is what I've gone out and gotten:

- chewable vitamins and Calcium (I orderd the bariatric ones because Viactiv isn't calcium citrate and that is the one that is suppose to be better - especially for us well seasoned gals who are thru the Big M - not that you have to worry about that you young thing!)

- liquid tylenol

- tylenol gelcaps

- benefiber

- MOM

- still need to buy GASX, but Lee (thank you!) recommended Carbo Vegatabalis - a natural product.

- Jello

- Soup (to strain and eat the broth - I hate straight broth) and then some cream Soups for Stage II

- cream of wheat (never have had it - hope it isn't like grits!)

I also have been listening to the visualization tape that they give in the pre-op class. I have a hard time sleeping (staying asleep) especially when I am stressed or have alot going on / on my mind. It is really relaxing and I really like the positive affirmation track. (Anyway I think something must be sinking in that will help.)

I am so psyched we will be doing this together!

Re: the comments about the online group from Liz, I think that this is all about support and having people that understand your struggles and your triumphs. I agree that we all are intelligent women (and John!) and can make our own decisions about the advise and opinions expressed here. I also agree with Candra that when we talk about our slip ups it isn't to encourage each other to fail but to be honest and accountable to a group that will not judge us. When one or more of us is struggling there is usually someone who is doing well and can reach out to pull the others ups. That is what this is all about and it is so important. Riley has been awesome to me about involving me in other local support groups in our area and they are terrific, but they are not everyday. This is here everyday 24/7 whenever we need it. Not having been on since Monday, I really missed all of you and I took the time tonight to read all 5 long pages that I missed!

Love all my sistas of surgery (and John)! 10 Days to Go to be an offical SOS!!!

No I don't get offended easy. I am just trying hard NOT to be in teh 35%.

Jes I sorta get the frustration about how other people get fills so fast and lose so fast. I don't get all the slow fills.........well for me.........but still alot of people go in every two weeks until they hit the sweet spot. We don't do that.

Stress at work I am tired.

Pat, Cream of wheat isn't like grits. Cream of wheat tastes good. I've actually only tasted grits once a few months back, but I grew up on cream of wheat.

Good Morning!

I finally slept through the night. For the last week I've been waking up every hour. Pat, not happy that you've been waking up as well but glad to know it also happens to you when stressed. I think I wake up thinking/dreaming about the surgery. Anyone else feel obsessed with getting info before the surgery?

I read an article posted on either obesityhealth.com or verticlesleeve.com yesterday. I frequent both of those sites. The article talked about how much better patients do that lose 10% of their body weight pre-op. The article was about RNY patients but I bet it holds true for all WLS. They said that there are less complications post-op, breathing/blood clots etc. It seems that the Kaiser program is built on research, which is why the Sleeve is just being offered since it was just approved as a stand alone surgery, not just the first part of the Duodenal Switch.

I love coming here because all of you are local to me. I see some of you at the Kaiser meetings and I hope to walk with some of you. Speaking of which, Jes, when are you next coming to get your nails done and walk the lake? I'd love to join you for that walk.

I think the forums over at ObesityHealth really rock as well. I participate mostly in the Lightweights forum for people with a starting BMI of 35-40. The thread that I like best is called Meals and Miles. Everyday people with all three surgeries post exactly what they eat and what exercise they do as well as accounting for Vitamins and hydration. I love seeing exactly what others eat. I notice that most people there focus heavily on three very small meals with Protein Shakes between meals to get in their Protein.< /p>

There's also a California forum. I signed up to go to the Contra Costa Groups lunch next Saturday at Mimi's in Concord if anyone is interested in checking out their pages.

Last night I had my "last supper" with my son for his 36th birthday which is next week but he'll be back home in NY. We went down to an organic restaurant on the coast in El Granada. We order slowly, one dish at a time and while I said this would be my big splurge (not in diet mode), we ended up with two appetizers, 1 salad and 1 dessert. I guess not bad because I'm down 1/5 pound this morning. Maybe it's the walk around the lake on Thursday and Friday. This morning we're going down into the gym so that he can get me going on a weight routine. I want to have something going pre-op so that I can continue it post-op. I saw pictures of a woman yesterday who started out at my size I think. She started swimming post-op and learned to lift weights. She has professional arms and back muscles. I was blown away by her pictures.

Ok, enough book here. Have a wonderful day everyone and have fun tonight! Take lots of pictures please. :w00t:

Pam, what city do you live in and may I come if Zach goes off to play with his friends and I'm home alone?

Good morning everyone!

Pat ~ Personally I like grits wayyy more then cream of wheat. They have to be prepaired the right way too, otherwise people tend to not like them. Of course with me, mine end up with butter/salt/bacon inside them...LOL...Thank you for your kind comments, I hope one day I am a sexy RDA making decent $$ so I can afford to finally move into a house, and out of my condo. My daughter is only getting bigger and I know how much fun it is having a backyard to play in, and your own room! Right now we share one, plus I am not in the school zone I want her in, and yes shes only 3, but I do tend to plan ahead lol.

I read your post and thought holy crap, I forgot I haven't bought ANY food for after Weds!! All I have are the Vitamins, and MOM. I am going to Safeway Monday for sure! We are now band buddies...you ready!?

Lee ~ I haven't slept in a while. I am a VERY paranoid person, and I think ALOT before I fall asleep. I have been dreaming about the surgery, I imagine me waking up after, I think of bad things happening as well. So let's just say the sleeping has not been well. I finally took a nap yesterday and that helped. I am going to sign up on the Obesityhelp you mentioned in a few.

I am VERY OBSESSED with my surgery. I talk about it ALL THE TIME, I remind people my count down, I weigh myself more then 3 times a day. It's pretty bad actually...lol...

Nicollie ~ Where are you my new BFF?!

I went out last night for my other BFF (LOL) first night out since having her baby, we went to Dan's in Walnut Creek....let's just say I was brought back to highschool with the drama, and one of the girls with us slapped a guy who wouldn't get away from us with his cigerette....as soon as he called her a bit**, my bf Ron (He's 6'8, 400 lbs) was right there in the guys face.....it was horrible. I just stood back and watched and thought wow...So needless to say I was home by midnight. *sigh*. I had 4 glasses of Water while there, and one sip of an ale my friend ordered.

Looked on the news and we have 9 days of raining coming...YAY!!!! I am so excited, not only am I having surgery on my bf's bday, now it's going to be raining too!! I can't have any better luck then this LOL.

I won't be coming today, but take lots of pictures, I will miss you all!!!!

Tamra, I'm so happy to see you so excited! Get out there and get those groceries you'll need. :w00t:

I have a question about our binders. We have those pages for feelings/food/water/exercise etc. Do those get reviewed by Liz or Robin? I track food on Myfitnesspal and don't track it in the binder. I also drink 100oz of fluids a day so don't track.

Heather you are sooo sweet!

So bad news gals.. i just got out of emergency, Ihave a severe sprain and I cant walk on it. IT HURTS SO BAD:( AND with lap band all i can take is a limited amount of stuff..kinda sucks! I will admit i took a motrin, im sorry this swelling is CRAZY! Im asingle mom who needs her foot.

SOOO i wont be making it today.. I will be coming Monday though to getauds(im gonnahave mike keep her an extra day if poss) so i can meet up with you allthen. Heather i can come see u :w00t:

Im so sorry i been cryingsince i hurt it. I cant afford to not work and behurt.

Lee ~ The only thing that was reviewed with Liz for me is the quiz in chapter 10 I believe it was....

Question ~ On surgery day, are you weighed in your clothes or after your in your gown?