Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OK you guys give - what DID Liz say??

Thank you Riley!!!! <3 I posted a few pages back about what Liz had said.

Good morning everyone!! My scale said 252 flat today....Kaiser's is usually 1-2 lbs lighter then mine, but I am going to follow mine until Weds and assume I am up. Gonna bust my but till Weds Am.

Baby is still sick over here, I may have to just go in to Kaiser and see her Dr. urgh!! She NEVER gets sick and now that she finally has, it's taking a toll on us.

TGIF!!!!!

oh and I am sooo thankful for my last job - I called to check my surgery copay and it's $10!! whoo hoo!! My previous job I had for 7 years (Longs Drugs Corp. Office) my copay was $400....so happy I had switched jobs!

Good Morning!

I researched the idea of double insurance coverage and with the monthly cost of $306, I would still have a co-pay of $200 a night stay, and Dr. Chu said it would be a 2 night stay. SO out of pocket I am looking at $706 minimum. Which is a lot better then $3k.

But after all of this carefull research, long talks with my hubby and other support people in my life, a decision has to be made.

And for now I am going to wait on the surgery. Yesterday I finaly got my daycare lic. that I was waiting for. It came a whole month sooner then I thought. This alows me to care for more then one other family and make double if not triple the amount I make now without depending on EDD.

Additionaly I am a firm believer that if it is ment to be then it will happen. And with every turn in this jurney to weight loss surgery I have been hit with one obsticle after another. It's starting to make me think that maybe now is not the time to do this.

So for now I am going to work real hard on my daycare to make the money that my family needs and to have a better cushion if I decide that I still want to do this surgery. Right now I just can't justify these large amounts of co-pay's and deductables if I am second guessing the surgery as it is. Even with that aside, I am still loking at comming up with over $400 for my son to get ear tubes if it is still necessary, which is by-far more important. In the mean time I am going to still continue my weight loss efforts, I owe it to my self if nothing else.

I want to continue to support all of you as well. I love to still come on this board to hear all of your accomplishments and to also recive the support from all of you too.

I want to set a new goal for my weight loss, and a target date to revisit my desicion to go foward with my surgery or not. I was thinking 30 lbs by June, What do all of you think?

Good Morning Ladies! How are you all today!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I think im just bringing oranges lol. quick and easy:)

Well Ash, I think that sounds best. Sometimes other stuff comes first, Family always. I am going to go back to school after being out what 11 years? But I need a career to support myself and baby! I wish you good luck with your daycare, it takes patience and special people to open their home for that!!!!

Good morning ladies! Happy Friday! Hope we all do well today! I sort of fell off a tad bit yesterday. I'm on so far today! At work so I can't stay.

Ash-glad to hear you are practical and making practical decisions. Good luck with the weight loss efforts. You can do it! Remember, the band is only a tool! It is nnlot going to make you lose weight on it's own. You just need to watch what you eat and exercise. I know it's easier said than done. As we all know what to do and obviously we too have difficulty so it because we are l here. With that said, you are still welcome here amd I'm sure we will continue to support you. Lots of luv.....

I'll be back.....

Hi Everyone, just checking in. I took today off to do some mee stuff hair, nails feet LOL. I brought my laptop to do a little work but for the most part it's all about me this weekend.

I'm hanging on the wagon by a fingernail but I'm on. Just had boiled eggs for brunch. I know I may not be all good this weekend but Im trying. Whoever is interested I'm doing the 5 day pouch test beginning on tuesday. Gonna go buy my broth and everything else for it so I can be successful. So come on join me.

Tamra I was going to PM you but what the heck....go buy yourself some of that dieters tea, Smooth Move or Yogi's get regular and drink it every night before Tuesday to keep everything flowing. Trust me it works :thumbup: and you have a better chance at being where you need to be on surgery day.

Ash, if I had to pay $700 for my surgery I'd probably still be waiting so I understand your reasons. Just try and stay on track the best you can and see where you are in a few months.

ok, type at cha later and have fun tomorrow!

Morning all - so my scale is moving so flippin slow but I have nobody to blame but myself - my eating is great until about 3am - I seem to wake up starving around that time so I eat and I haven't been exercising at all - it's so cold and I'm truly not a self motivator in that way so I just don't do it. My scale says 184.5 - so not even 2 lbs in the last two weeks - my bad! However, I'm greatful that it is down and not up!

Ash - you gotta do what is best for you but I hope no outside influences "helped" you come to this decision. Congrats on your day care license - FYI: You don't need a commercial insurance policy for it - you can add the writer on to your homeowners insurance or renters insurance policy - will save you $$ that way. Just be sure to check for the maximum allowable covered children as some carriers havent increased the amount with the times.

my sometimers is kickin in again - i wanted to say so much but I can't remember any of it now.

Oh, Reggie - I have a dress fitting with bridezilla & the gang at 11 & then we have to have a "meeting" afterwords tomorrow so I have no idea if I will be alble to get there earlier enough - I'll call you

I have some Jess, I will start tonight thanks!

Didn't someone tell me during our walk a young guy weighs you in the morning of surgery on one of those old school scales or something?

My bestfriend is having a bar night, as her first night out since having a baby. I was going to get my drink on but screw it, I am not gaining weight before Weds, this is more important. I will drink water!!

day 2 of my Vitamins and yeaaaa these viactive ones are weird lol their chocolate and they stick to my gums...ew!

Tam, I don't like the viactive ones - I get the ones from wallmart in a yellow resealable bag - suger free - I'll get back to you on the name of them. Im proud of you honey - I hate to drink so just to shut everybody up when I go out, I drink club soda in a wine glas and nobody gives me any flack. Of course I can't do that now cuz of carbonation but....

Today has been just awful BUT.... a good band day. There is some truth in the whole issue with the band not liking stress. My cat has been trippin the last few days - I had to take her to the vet today and, thanks to the internet, I was just expecting him to say he has to put her down :thumbup: That didn't happen - he took blood and now she's real pissed at me - won't come out of the closet. She has been salavating and drooling real bad these last few days - wasn't eating and won't drink any water- I gave her wet food and she's been eating that like there's no tomorrow. She hasn't gone to the bathroom in 3 days! Naturally, her kidneys are failing, I'm just sayin.... The internet is a wealth of info LOL Vet said she has some lacerations in her mouth and it's probably just that... whew... but we will know more when the blood tests come back! I've been crying on & off all day - I know, I know - it's just a cat, right... WRONG - she's my beautiful baby! I just finished payin g off her 2300.00 surgery from when she got hit by the car and now this! Anyway - so I haven't been able to eat anything - my band just seems to be grippin me somethin awful. Doesn't hurt, except when I try to swollow anything other than liquid! I LOVE IT!

post-264449-13813139069473_thumb.jpg

What a PRETTY CAT!!!! Calico? I understand paying the $$, I did it for my cat who ended up passing from Cancer. He was almost 15 at the time, so we had him a long time. They end up feeling like kids!

Let me know what kinda Vitamins you do, cause these chocolate ones suck LOL.

Here are my baby boys!

post-268253-13813139069785_thumb.jpg

I am here, was looking on Craigslist seeing how popular RDA jobs are...looks like a good career path...