Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Man we were all typing messages at the same time. My take on what Liz said is that if they don't provide us support - which they don't once you have been banded awhile - we have to create our own support. The support groups like at Point West don't provide enough support to last me all month. The meetings at Elk Grove Kaiser are every Monday but they are from 7-9 pm -too late and they are all gastric bypass people. Where do they think we are going to get support? They truly should have regular support meetings set up for LapBand patients in Sacramento. We are different than bypass patients in regards to fills and what we can eat without problems. Do they really believe we can eat 1/4 -1/3 cup Protein for each meal forever? I don't think that is realistic. Enough of my ranting.

I am watching "One Big Happy Family" that I recorded. The daughter was excited to fit into a 24 shirt. Those poor kids. They seem really happy though.

so one BESIDES seeing Baggs after right?

Speaking of wich - I have one of these I want to sell - My husband bought it brand new, took it out of the box and used it ONE TIME! Not enough resistance for him and my house is small ya'll - no more room cuz now he wants a bo-flex - UGH!

Pilates Power Gym - the ultimate in home reformer pilates equipment

So I'm gonna throw it on craigslist - hubby wants 200 for it but I'd let it go to one of ya'll for 150

that looks fun Candra - made a appointment with my Dr for Feb 3rd @ 9 am.

I need to sell my "Firm Wave" for $50 bucks...lol

www.firmdirect.com

I love it, but eh....

oh and I have to admit, I did do a last meal today....cookies, chips and pizza..and lemme tell you, I FEEL SICK!!!!!!!!!!! It was the worse feeling EVER after...I am soooo staying on my diet the rest of this week, screw that!!!

Yeah, Tamra - just one with your Primary doc two weeks after surgery - then you see baggs in about 6 weeks after surgery then he will schedule you for your next fill.

Nicollie is having dinner with her man - I talked to her earlier hehe - she is so friggin happy for you, Tamra! As we all are :thumbup:

Hope your daughter gets better soon - poor baby

Knock it off Tamra! You don't have enough time for last meals - if you don't make goal surgery morning you will be sent home bandless! You must do some aerobic workout tonight to work that off :thumbup:

Oh, but carbs sound so good - I've had NOTHING but Protein for the last week or so and I miss my carbs - Oh but my faux baked Beans helped - even though they were soybeans and a little stiffer than my hubby's baby whites (yes Jes - I made them again for him - his favs) it felt just like carb-comfort food!

Speaking of carb-comfort food My cauliflower spanish rice is what i should bring to the potluck! that will fit in much better - I promise use fresh cauliflower & shrooms - no frozen or canned crap LOL I will also use regular Tomato sauce cuz i like it better :biggrin: I love that stuff but since it's not a protein I don't make it too often.

Thanks John for the info. I talked to Monique today and she gave me a great idea... To pay for an individual plan while I am on my husbands at the same time. If it works then the most out-of pocket for Kaiser's best co-pay plan is $306 a month and $200 per night stay (2-3 nights for the sleeve) so much cheaper then the 3k... I will check into that in the AM.

ok on to me and my issues. I can not get back on the wagon. It's not so much what I'm eating but the quantity.

B=2 boiled eggs

L=1/2 of a cornish hen & 3/4 cup sautéed spinach

D=hamburger patty pretty big

I probably should have only had 1/4 of all that. argh!!!

I've decided I'm am doing the 5 day pouch test starting on Tuesday. I know I'm giving myself too many days to screw off but I'll try to take it easy. I'm already cutting out the carbs.

Oooooh ash that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

I'm done Candra trust me it was gross and I feel nasty like I could throw up lol

Candra- I'm on top of the garage sale idea. We shall see. This will happen. I just hope that I make the right decisions. I am still fearfull of the surgery, but even fearfull of not getting the surgery.

lacto ovo. I eat eggs, milk..........dairy and even chicken and beef broth.< /p>

Yea Pam we need support. I think there is an element of control with Kaiser that they like to hold onto. IF we bring in all kinds of advice and opinions than we have to weigh the options and make a choice what WE feel is right for us. IF we only consult with Kaiser than they get to remain in control. Good if your need a consistent routine. BUt if you don't getting various options and opinions and ways of doing things and chosing what is best for you is more realistic.

Just all goes back to treat me like an adult and give me my options than let me make my own choices and live with the consequences. I do better with choices....I don't need a mama. But granted some people do better with that.

I think like with Pam when she told the staff how she wanted to be treated they loosened up on her a bit. I did the same thing this week and feel like I can buy into the program again.

Candra I like Liz too. She is tough but she gets it and she goes deeper into issues. I can tell she is a woman who has been around and has seen alot. And I am guessing she probably been through alot. She has an inner wisdom and no not rude and very funny............she also used to work in a cancer center if my research is correct that says something.

what the heck! I lost my whole post.

well what you all said about Liz, I agree. I think she's jealous of what we have. Plus I don;t need you all to influence me to bend the rules. I've been bending them for years, hence I was a fat chick.

question, does anyone here get their nails done? They mentioned I better take my nails off, or at least break one off so they can put that thingy on my finger....I guess I need to remove them ;(