Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ok, ticker has been updated. Had to.

Yes please spill the Beans Tamra!!! I am so happy for you :thumbup:

Ali- I am the same as Lee, I'm getting sleeved, but for allergy reasons that prevent me from getting the band or bypass. Also I got stuck with Kaiser Fremont not Richmond.

Heather - good for you - wish I felt like "I got this" I'm not doing so well in witching hours LOL

Tam - I got your pic comment - I'm so gonna tell my husband you called him that LOL He ain't really chocolate - his card was pulled when he starting walking our black labs with a starbucks in hand. He said he's suppose to be walking pits with a 40 in hand - LMAO

YEa I think we all probably know what Liz said but you gonna have to posti it now. Did you see Dr. Baggs today than?? If she is reading she already saw what you posted now anyway..........

Who did she say something to before about the site? Hmm that you can't believe everything we say or something like that??

Riley I always say a guy that moves to fast leaves just as fast. This guys swooped in to fast and now he is doing the typical fight or flight thing. Read the Peter Pan Syndrome that will explain some things............another book too about men with commitment problems and one warning sign is that they move in two quick and it gets intense fast than they burn out and get scared and take off. Just be careful.

Heather when you gonna see the doc?? Weren't you gonna try to get the weight loss waived? Also are you are you hearing about layoffs. We just heard another round next month via email today. 30 MSW and 3 supervisors is what we hear this way!! Yuck had this going back to the BOS ever six months for budget updates..........

Pam I might now be able to come. I am trying. My daughter has a school thing at 5pm too. Trying to figure out how much it lowers her grade is she doesn't go. So darn unfair. I might get another parent to take her.....I am tired of not being able to hang with you guys........seems darn unfair!! LOL. I am working on trying to get all my bases covered......

Tamra spill the beans!!

LOL Candra you made me CRACK UP!! Walking labs with Starbucks!! That's like me, my friends all say I am super white with my "like, dude, etc" wording. I blame it on Martinez!!!! :thumbup: my mom raised me, sheesh!! :biggrin: hehehehe!!

Okay so Liz basically noted that this site tends to teach you ways to get around eating things you arent suppose too. She mentioned using protien shakes as meals and she doesn't like that. She also mentioned a while back this site was big on the "we arent like gastric" people, but in reality we all need to follow the same guidlines...just stuff like that, nothing bad. She said in the long run things I read here can be sabotoging, and leave the site if that happens.

oh and no I didn't see Baggs. I will see him the morning of Surgery I guess, and I have a follow up appt. with him in March

Wow Tamra how exciting - almost better as you don't have a lot of time to think about it and get nervous.

Went to the gym again today - rode the bike 10 miles in my 30 minutes. Hopefully the scale will start moving- the silly 3 lbs I was up on Sunday are gone - now need to lose 2 more to get back to my pre holiday weight of 219. I am going to have to change my ticker soon if it doesn't start coming off.

Maria - I don't know how many people I have - let me try this - me, Candra, Heather, you, Nicolie, Nicole, Donna, Tina and Michaela, - was there anyone else coming? So far for food I think we have black Beans, low fat cheesecake, your lettuce tacos, Special K loaf, shredded chicken and I think I will make deviled eggs and little smokies in sauce. I will make something for my kids and anyone else's in case they don't our lapband food. I have bottled Water and diet green tea.

Well I think Kaiser has to decide if they want us to have a support group or whether they want to take control and be the support group..............that is what it boils down to. Liz told me the same thing but I see it two ones one that maybe they don't think we are smart enough to figure out who to listen to and not to and the other way is that if we are on the site than they lost a bit of the control over the diet and rules they put out by use being educated by the masses...........

Again I have to agree alot of people going through all this come in with a totally clean slate. I had research so much I could even talk latest research studies and the pros and cons of each type and band and method of surgery...........LOL. So maybe I get offended when I am not the normal patient. I am sure I know who to belive and who not to believe ya know..........and we all cheat her and there and we don't post that to brag about sneaking around but to be accountable. So maybe if you have no brain and are easily brain washed you should stay away from this site.............LOL. That would be like telling an alcoholic no AA meetings!!

Man I have alot of opinions lately and I am trying to chill out a bit!!! :-)

I think the site is a GOOD thing. Lifts me up doesn't pull me down.

Tamara - Congratulations!!! Glad you got something quick! So you get out of doing the Pre-Op / Nutrition class, I'm so jealous. I have to do it a second time and the first was a little painful. To slow paced for my liking. Funny how yesterday Liz gave me a hard time for getting special treatment and she turns around the next day and skips them. I’m happy for you!!! Just PO

Ash – 3K is cheap for the surgery. I know its not when you don't have it. Most Health Insurance programs do not cover bariatric surgery at all. A couple years ago I considered going to Mexico, Bangkok and having it done here in SAC. Prices around SAC were around 16-20K two years ago. I switched jobs for two reasons and one was to get Kaiser back and get in this program. Definitely get a hold of the SPD it’s a great resource.

Hello – Everyone!

Edited by skiingj

Liz is funny - I like her direct appraoch because she's never (that I've experienced) rude about it. And I've NEVER hear her bad mouth another patient! I don't understand the whole Protein Shake issue though - I haven't had one in a long time but sometimes if I oversleep or am running late - I feel it's better to grab one of my husbands shakes than to hit a drive thru. Otherwise I just don't eat at all and I was told to eat within an hour of waking up. The SF Bariatrics Dept allows them.

I hope I get a fill next week - it was so easy to deal with the head hunger when I had the restriction right after surgery - even though my eyes saw things my mouth really wanted to eat, my tummy didn't want it and it overruled! Can't wait to Even my brother liked them and a small amout it filling. I will need to use a little less of the sauce as it would be a slider food if I use all the recipe calls for - much better to just use a little to coat the Beans. Don't know how well they will go with the spanish theme that seems to be going on! Maybe I'll keep looking for a "faux refried beans" recipe LOL

Can we get a head count so we know how much to bring - I dont want to overdo it but I also don't want to come up short

John - I had a one on one pre op/nut class basically. I still had to sit and listen to all the stuff and info but a weird wired lady did it...LOL! U will still be rocking the same time as me for sure!!!

SAT right now is up in the air for me, I really want to see you all before I do this, but the baby is still SICK!! she is sooo conjested, its horrible ;( but I will see!!

Nicollie where are you =(

Wow Tamra that's so great! Well I have to remind you of how bummed you were when things weren't going so well and I think we all said everything happens for a reason and everything would work out :thumbup:

Take note everybody Tamara is doing the happy dance....

very true Jess, thank you :thumbup:

Amen Sister - Tina I love your opinions!

John - I'd be PO'd too!

Oh, Tam - try to get online with Kaiser and schedule your PCP appt - you need to have one two weeks after surgery so that would be around the 3rd. Better to try to schedule it now so you don't get the ol" there's no appts available treatment! I think its real important so they can check your incisions for any signs of infections!!

Hey Ash - why not have a garage sale and get rid of all the extra's that you're not using - also you can sell the higher end things on craigslist and/or ebay - I need to do that with all my husbands crap