Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey Pam I am coming this weekend with Michaela.

I have an appointment with Robin tomorrow. I am still the same weight I Have been for three months. Absolutely no restriction can't even tell I have a band at all for the last three months. Every couple of weeks or so I will feel it but only if I eat to fast. Sorta tired of the whole thing.

But anyway I expect to hear it from RObin tomorrow and I know she is gonna cancel my appointment with Dr. Baggs next week since I am not down the 5-10 pounds she wanted first.

Not really looking forward to talk with her cause I already know that she won't listen but instead will just tell me her opinion.

But anyway I am gonna have another month with no fill and sorta irratated with the whole thing.

How come we have to earn fills? And I haven't been able to use my "tool" for three months now so some days I am not sure having the band is working for me. I am in the same boat as before the band.

I am just fighting not to gain weight and stay at 199. I have been up to 207 than got it back down to 199. But getting to 190 without any restriction is a struggle.

I only have 3cc's and that is less than at surgery. I need to be at a 5cc at least to have any restriction.

I am eating well good foods but just too much. I can eat way more than a cup. Robin wants me at 1/4 cup. LOL. I get hungry at 1cup and have to fight to stay at 1 cup. I am getting very hungry every 2-3 hours and waking up at least once a night hungryfor the last two weeks. The only way to go back to sleep is to eat. I figure the one cup a meal is not enough and that is why I get so hungry. Usually at 3am every night. So it has been a crazy struggle.

I plan to tell Robin but I don't expect her to listen much. I figure she already has her mind made up and her opinion is I am not following the rules. And except for the amount of food I am doing well. Just to much of a good thing. I get so hungry I get nasaues if I don't eat. Don't know why I got so hungry two weeks ago? That is when I started waking up at night...........

I try 3 cups a day but that nightime thing is what is making me gain weight I guess.

I am in for another month of no fills.............I really don't get how I can' use the band unless I earn it. What is the point. I plan to tell Robin that tomorrow.......

I don't want appointments with her but I am NOT asked they just schedule them for me.

Oh I eat oatmeal (thick) with yogurt an protien powder inthe morning.

Beans and sometimes salad at lunch

dinner is either more oatmeal and yogurt again or tofu or soy protien with vegetables.

I eat the same things over and over. I figured it would help me loss but no go.

Oh did I mention my TOM is three weeks late and I am extremely bloated and swollen? I keep thinking anyday but it will be going on four weeks tomorrow...........but also terrible Migraines the last week which is a TOM thing for me usually...........can't figure out why I skipped TOM last month..........If I wasn't 100% sure i wasn't pregnant I would suspect it...........cause my body is seriously out of wack right now..........if I could start maybe I could drop a few pounds.........but everything I eat or drink sticks to me right now........sore and grumpy and way to tired the last few weeks.

The Water thing is about 80-100 ounces a day but that isn't helping either.

Exercise 3 times a week for 45 minutes. I have accepted with my work and home responsibilities that is gonna be it. I wanted to get in 5 days a week but not gonna happen. Just get discouraged so now I am gonna be ok with three days..........

So updates tomorrow. I am hoping that they will give me a break after I tell Dr. Baggs what is going on or that next month I can get a 2cc fill. LOL. I will email Dr Baggs tomorrow and update him. I want to see what his opinion is and what he thinks has to be done.........

My options are be hungry and just tough it out on my own for or just be fine being under 200.........I am getting lots of compliments and feel ok where I am at.......I let Dr. Baggs know I was sorta tired of jumping through hoops. If that is how it is than I will just do my own thing and call him later if I lose the weight and get another appointment...........I am done playing the earning game all the time to much stress for me...........sorta tired of it and the attitude. I already told Dr. BAggs at the last appointment so he knows where I am at...........I will tell Robin tomorrow.

I can't keep going to the doctors appointments ever month my workers comp time is up and I will have to start taking vacation days after this month. I need to be more on a 3-4 month schedule for fills I have been going once a month for ten months now.

I also might get laid off in March so I am sorta just done I think with fills for awhile.................I plan to let Robin know tomorrow.

Tina, are you a vegetarian? I was a vegan for many years. Recently raw vegan from 2004 - 2006. Always hungry. After reading your menu, I'd suggest ditching the Oatmeal. When I eat oatmeal I'm always starving shortly after. The carbs are so high. Have you tracked foods that sustain you longer? Are you able to tolerate greek yogurt? Could you try one with a little more fat and Protein Powder to satisfy you? Do you ever eat eggs or fish? From my reading on the Sleeve sites, the people who wake up hungry are having a Protein Shake before bed which helps them get through the night. I know that Kaiser says no shakes, but they also expect weight loss. The food plan is the same whether we have the band or the sleeve.

I am so sorry you're going through this Band Hell. I can imagine how frustrated you are to be doing everything right and not getting results.

Sending sympathy your way....

Good Morning Team!

New week. New choices!

I've been tracking all my food on Myfitnesspal.com I was using Sparkpeople but someone over at sleevetalk recommended fitnesspal so I've been using it.

I've kept carbs low, Protein high, calories under 1200 the last three days and walked for 2.5 hours over the last three days. scale not budging off 233. I think I need to shake up my calories, 1 day higher, then low again. I'm eating primarily meat, veggies and a Protein Shake, even cut out the fruit because of the carbs. I'm hoping to see a change soon!!! Sheesh. I'm so close to pre-surgery but my body won't let go. This happens on every diet I go on but I'm not going to get discouraged I hope. I just want that Liz appointment already! :blush:

Tamra, you going in for that weight check this morning?

Riley, we haven't seen you much lately, how's it going?

Hi hi hi to everyone!

Tina - I don't know how to help you but I feel your pain. Glad you and Michaela will be coming on Saturday.

I went to the gym Sat and Sun and have sore muscles to prove it. So I get on the scale today and I am up 3 lbs from Friday - no way it is from food. I am hoping it will go back down this week. I'm not going to the gym today as my son has a dr appt right after school and we go out to eat with my parents every Monday.

Happy Monday - although so far I don't see much happy about it - I want to take a nap already.

We can be happy regardless of what the scale says. If we don't like the scale, kick it to the curb! :blush:

Thanks all. I am up 9 pounds in two days!! OMG not sure what is up with that but is a big problem!! It is also that time of the month finally!! :-) Guess I should post more often cause it seems to have solved the problem!! How can I gain almost 10 pounds in two days?? So now I have to lose 15-20 to get a fill!! Not happening in a week.

So regardless I just called and cancelled my appointment with Dr. Baggs and they asked if I wanted to cancell with Robin so I cancelled both. I told Kelly I will just call them back when I am ready. I don't want to schedule anything now cause I am not sure where I will be in a month. Weight wise or insurance wise.

I want to get to 180 eventually but the band thing and using the tool is not an option right now so I am gonna just do it on my own and take my time.

If I do lose my insurance I am thinking I am better off being without restriction instead of too much.

So yea I am pretty much done making the drive to the Bay area for awhile. If I don't get laid off in February than I will make new game plan for March and figure out what to do from there............

I am sure Kaiser isn't gonna be thrilled but I can't be stressing out so much all the time about this. I would rather just do my own thing and go at my own pace for now and see what happenes. I think not having the stress of worrying about what the scale says every day is already making me feel better :-)

Maybe my bad week at Christmas did me in or maybe all this bloating is doing me in. I will figure it out better without the stress.

It is not like I can call and ask for a fill and I haven't earned it so it really is very black and white.

Lee I am vegetarian and I figure your right it has something to do with not losing fast and being hungry. But after thinking about it alot I am not gonna eat meat. I know it means alot of things and means the band will not work as well for me but I am ok with that. Oatmeal I can stop I was using it to try to keep me full longer but I certainly don't need more carbs

Tina - have you started any new medications lately or changed your dosage? I would like to stop my anti-depressant and see if it makes a difference but I think I need it to stay sane. :blush: Same with my 1 mg of estradial a day- but I don't want hot flashes. Guess I will just keep on trying to stay on track with my eating and up the exercise.

I am making at least one vegetarian food for Saturday as two of my kids are vegetarians now - no fish either. Cooking for two meat eaters and two vegetarians is not very easy - there aren't very many different choices with the Boca and Morningstar brands at the stores I shop at.

Lee- I love Myfitnesspal.com!!!!

I will bring something to Pam. Morningstar is good I like them. ALso found some new ones with high protien.

I am still on Celexa but the upped the dose. Hmm Pam you could be right. Also eating Breakfast the last month. BUt that should be a good thing not a bad thing. I also gave up salad a month ago and coffee. All good things but maybe not in the long run??

I am gonna call my regular doctor today and get a checkup. Won't hurt. The headaches don't seem right this often. THe missed TOM well before surgery that was the norm so not so worried about that. Migraines I HATE!!!

I will figure it out I am sure. I think better when I am not stressed out. So now I can sit back and think what is going on. I think it is time for a check up anyway it has been over a year...........

Hope you all have a great day!!

Tina - what new ones did you find? and where? I take Celexa too - I asked for Wellbutrin but my PCP said to try Celexa. I guess I could send him an e-mail and ask for Wellbutrin again - all he can do is say no right? He switched me from fluoxetine to celexa without seeing me. I think a physical is a good idea for you - .

Good Morning,

So I went and did my weigh in and I i am 224.2 So YAY Under goal.. I called richmond and sarah sent over my labs and ekg so I got both of those done... I am so excited. She was going to schedule me for Wed with Liz but since I have a history with smoking she had to take a urine sample and that can take up to 2 weeks to get the results.. Im ok with that... I will be really under goal then...Im not worried... So YAY.. Good news today!!!!

Congrats Nicolie - were you able to do the urine sample here in town? You can check online daily to see if the results are in and then call Richmond to speed the process along.

Congrats Nicollie feels good huh??

Hey Pam yea I want Wellbutrin too and am gonna ask. The celexa is NOT suppose to make you gain though. I just read up on it. BUt ya know my weight loss did slow down around than...but I think stress does it to ya too. And I was stressed out alot about than. I will let you know if I get switched. also like you thinking of stopping to see if I lose faster. But with layoffs coming up this month again not sure that is a great idea right now....

Let me know what your doc says.

I just need a break from all this earning a fill thing. It is to stressful I am gonna go at my own pace and in my own time. I can't buy into earning a fill and won't play the trying to win approval so my doc will get a good report...........believe what I say or don't but if I don't feel like we are talking adult to adult I won't participate.

Candra serious girl how did you get around those appointments and the rules!! LOL. You watch next it will be me who doesn't have to do the appointments :-) I plan to make my point somewhere along the line!!

GOOD MORNING!!!

CONGRADS NICOLLIE!!!! THATS MY GIRL!! I seriously couldn't have done it with out you helping me, and I am soooo super excited for you.....andd on that note

I AM AT GOAL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 250.4 YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called Richmond and they had me do my EKG before I left Kaiser, and then Sara gave me my case managment appointment....THIS WEDS @ 9 AM!!!!!!!!

I want to thank EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. With out you, I wouldn't have NEVER gone threw with this, nor even thought I could loose the 35 lbs. YOUR SUPPORT IS SOME OF THE BEST POSITIVE SUPPORT PEOPLE I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE. thank you so much you guys from the tips, ideas, and positive support when I lost my job....