Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Morning!

New week, new challenges, new goals, new determination! What we do today reflects how our new year will start. Let's get our priorities straight and follow through. We have each other. We can come here and commit to exercise. We can come here and talk about what's up before we stuff it down with food. We can support each other on this journey to making better choices. I think it starts with wanting to make those better choices. We can come and write before, not after to help us be accountable.

For today: I am making my plan of the day. I will move my body. I will eat a big salad with Protein at Cafe Shea Chez in Half Moon Bay. For dinner I will eat a big salad here at home with some mahi mahi fish. I will remember that my son can eat lots of nuts on his salad. I can not. I will drink all of my water/tea today. I will go to bed by 10pm so that I'm not tired tomorrow. I will take time throughout the day to remind myself of my goals so that I can be successful.

My son's girlfriend of the last year, that I've never met, should be arriving this morning. I haven't met her because they were living in Dubai, both on Fulbright Scholarships. I'm on vacation today and tomorrow. I think we're going down to Half Moon Bay for the afternoon to go to the ocean. Tomorrow the plan is Napa. Hopefully we'll have some sunny spells.

Pysch consult on 12/18/09 my weight at home was 234.8. This morning 235. I still have a bit to get back to where I was two weeks ago. If I can be lower than 234.8 on January 2nd then I'll feel that the holidays weren't a disaster. Maintaining during the holidays may be the best that a compulsive eater (ME) can do.

So.... the rest of you?

Good Morning All!!! YAY new day... I am back on track this AM... So far so good.. lol.... Hope everyone has a great week.. another short one YAY...

Heather, cant meet up tonight but what is your schedule like this week, we should meet for a coffee or something... Pammie, Maria and anyone else in???

Good day all...

I have been so bad since christmas eve! I'm too scared to step on the scale and was too ashamed to log on. I've had Cookies & candy - popcorn! but even worse was the mashed potatoes & Mac & cheese - Once I start on the comfort foods it is so so so friggin hard to get off of em! TODAY I am back on track for sure!

Pammie - sounds like homeboy is smitten with you already LOL. The more you resist the harder he will try - sad but true - men are weird. My only advice is to stick to your guns and do what feels right and comfortable for you and only you! Also - stick to publlic places, please! I have been depressed a little bit too - upset with myself and our financial situation isn't what it use to be!

Tamra - I'm with you on the new band wagon -

Jes - did you find somebody to swing back around for us yet? How'd that cake turn out??

Riley - I am so happy for you and your new life! what movie did you see? I really want to see sherlock holmes!

Monique - I'm down for a get together!

Donna - love you woman! glad you're having a great holiday season.

Nicolie - I think we are doing the same for new years - maybe we should all get together for a new years party - who has a big house??

Heather - 2009 WAS a good year for you but I have a feeling that you will own 2010! Love your spirit!

Sweet T - how could anybody think you're a snob? What is the peter pan thing you mentioned ?

Hey John - good to hear from you - hope your holidays season hasn't been as plentiful as mine LOL - CARBS UGH!!!!!!

Lee - sounds like you are doing so well - good for you!!

Morning Everyone! After I posted on 12/26 I had said the goodies all over the house were calling me. I had 2 Cookies and a brownie and 6 pieces of candy. That did it. Yesterday, I packed up all the goodies in 1 large plastic container that you can't see in and told the boys if they want something to put it on a plate and eat it, but not to bring the container in the livinging room and leave it there open. I also put all their candy from their stockings in bags in the cuboard. I also exercised yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months. Have started doing weights, back on my exercise bike and took a long 45 minute walk. Got out my new pedometer and walked 5,076 aerobic steps! The scale seems OK - it was down .4 from 12/18 but up 1.8 from Kaiser's scale that day. Either way I am staying back on track - I really want to try to be down a total of 40 by my surgery. Thats almost 10 lbs in a month which is a big goal, but I am going to try.

Hope everyone has a healthy day today and can get back on track.

Back on track here..ok well I did just wake up!! So far so good. I HAVE to quit playing around. Going to the gym today. This is the last day of my vacation. We are doing dentist and doctor later today and of course sleeping in. I feel better today after being careful yesterday.

Candra I have not gotten onthe scale either. LOL. I know I gained five pounds in two days!! ahh.............I want a few good days before I weigh again. I just can't believe that is try when it take a month to go down 5...........

Good day ladies. I can't go to EG tonight to far for me. But it has been a long month without seeing everyone.......:-(

Dudettes, if I had junk in my house I would so be eating it!!

Tina you are so so right! Intensity in relationships scares the crap out of me, esp. right at the beginning - too much too fast! I refused to go out with Chris the first 2 times he asked, I was not ready. Pami, you need to tell this guy to slow the heck down because it makes you want to turn and run the other way. I have had to tell Chris that . . . I really, really like the guy at this point, but I only met his a couple of weeks ago, and already he wants a relationship? Well yeah I want one too, but how do I know that I want HIM, rather than if I JUST want "a relationship?" So we had this big talk and I kept telling him how scared I was of all this, and the intensity, so his reaction has to back off, which is fine and it MUST be what I wanted, right? . . . BUT . . . . then I start getting worried that he's quit calling me 5 times as day!! and then MY reaction to his backing off - which is to feel almost panicked - REALLY scares me!

So he took all of his stuff home, no Chris over here last night, no phone calls last night, we hung out separately with friends and as it turns out I would rather have spent the evening with him. But I have to be rational and step back enough for my feeling to lose some intensity so I'm not blinded, right? So I don't call . . . I see him log on this morning and I quickly lof off - but I am feeling strangely vulnerable about the whole thing. Then he calls me on his way to work this morning, and as soon as he hung up he got in a bad accident, totalled his truck and just got out of the ER! Nothing is broken but he is banged up pretty good and his knee is all swollen - and I feel just awful!

Argh! I hate feelings!! Honestly, this is my real first emotional challenge since banding. I am having strong feelings which are making me uncomfortable, and I cannot stuff them with food - even if I tried, my band would stop me. So then I am jonesing for a drink to stop the feelings, but that is REALLY bad because the stats on replacement addictions are phenomenal - something like 35% of weight loss patients end up having a problem with alcohol! I am super vigilant about that one, so what do I do with me feelings?? OMG, I am going to have to FEEL them! Even if they are uncomfortable. I went for a run & that helped, and to the gym and that helped, and to church and that REALLY helped, but the bottom line is this: I can't stuff my feelings anymore - I actually have to feel them. Blast.

Hey ladies.....I know long time no hear!!!! Been so busy......no excuse!!!! I emailed Donna today...I feel lost.....my eating has gotten out of hand.....I eat whatever I want and I eat till I'm so full. i'm scared that I have stretched my band...yet I still do it...I'm so scared... I feel lost.....I'm down to 183 so no weight gain but its coming...I haven't weighed myself since before Christmas so I probably have gained a little but this started before Christmas....any advise ladies I need help.....I don't want this to all be a waste.....maybe already is...HELp......I miss you guys.......I got to side tracked with going back to my regular life.......It can't ever be regular...right

yay for everyone who restarted today!! me, not so much, ended up with chinese food for lunch, but i AM WORKING OUT TONIGHT!! so thats good, and will be back on fully tomorrow morning.

I went to Kaiser with Brianna today for her check up and I jumped on the scale....261.8...so I am up 3 lbs....not to bad since I ate SO MUCH these past few days....yay for not gaining to much, and yay for starting tomorrow!! I will be at goal by JAN 31!! thats my goal this year!!!

Hey candy nice to see you back. I am in the same boat as you and coming back around again. Christmas was hard..........we should all get together again.

I had coffee this morning and wheat thins, than spaghetti and salad for dinner. I still need more Water I only had 40 ounces. I feel stuff though and I think it must be the carbs in the spaghetti. It was wheat Pasta but still..........strangely I got stuck and PB'd a little up. But that is just cause Pasta swells up inside and hurts.......I wish I PB'd more than I do!! How sick is that?? At least it gives me a warning to stop and quick!!

Oh headed to bed back to work tomorrow and that is a good thing. I eat to much when I am home all day hanging out...........

Let's brainstorm indoor activities we can do.

-jumping at the trampoline places (sky high sports etc)

-bowling

-

Wow, only two ideas. When the weather is good we should walk across the golden gate.

It is SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO good to see everyones posts again!!!!

Hey Tina you did it your under 200...good for you.....I'm eating the wrong things again and to much of anything....I agree sometimes about thePBing I did it tonight after dinner too....had a little prime rib and all I PB was saliva....yuck...but at least I stopped...

Do you ever worry that you've stretched your stomach? I'm so stressed about it....yet I don't stop.....I'm going to though..I have to...I worked to hard to get to this point......

I miss you guys...any plans to get together anytime soon? I could totally use it

checking in after my slumber party with girlfriends. OMG we ate non stop for 24 hours...well we did break for cocktails. We did karaoke and watched movies. Really had a great time. I am so back on program tomorrow. I even promise to post my meals, that's the only thing that will keep me honest on on track.

Heather I don't know what we can do inside either. I don't have a gym membership. I've spent sooo much money on them over the years so I'm gonna have to do it on my own. Plus I can't afford it. Actually I went and walked the bridge yesterday morning. It rained but I was bundled up that the Morton's salt guy :biggrin: I'm going walking tomorrow too. I think it's time for me to find some hills though.

Hey Tina how much is in your band? I've got 4cc's but I can still eat anything. Dr P told me I was not coming back till Feb...seems like a long time. I know I need to loose before that. I think I at least need another 1.

candy how much in your band? I'm polling because you all are pbing and I'm nowhere close to that. I know I don't want to do it but I would like to at least feel like it may happen so I can know when to stop.