Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra those are what I buy!! So yummy!! girl I gained weight on my parents cooking...dad/grandma is fried chicken, greens, black eyed peas and french fries, and my mom was italian food, and tuna casseroles!...sounds sterotypical almost LMAO!! but you get my drift...plus throw in some no excersize in school, and mcdonalds, and walah! tamra @ 262 lbs. LOL.

I jumped on the scale just now @ 11 pm for fun, and I am alil over 262. I think it was 262.4 or something...I am like wow, 1 lb heavier then the meeting, that's good shape there after eating, drinking 50 oz of Water and sneaking 2 Cookies. Hopefully that 259 re appears again tomorrow morning :smile2:

I have a cookie/drink party to go to Sunday. this my friends will be my biggest test.....

Good Morning Everyone!

Nicolie, I hope you're feeling better this morning. YAY on the 3 more pounds.

Pat, congrats on that wonderful weight loss. I don't think we're going to be in surgery close to one another because Dr. Baggs told me February or March. I'll have to see how it works into my work schedule. I want to take a week off, work from home for a week and he doesn't want me traveling for the first month.

Riley, how was your date last night?

Tamra, eat more food please. One meal a day is tough to sustain in the long run. If I do the one meal, I end up overeating at some point because it's too hard to keep up. Please don't forget that we're trying to teach ourselves new, better eating habits so that we can be successful after surgery.

Candra, I'm confused. At the meeting on Wednesday you said that you don't want to eat and that you have no interest in food. But yesterday you wrote that once you start eating you don't want to stop. Are you fighting the food? I know that I want to keep eating when I have too many carbs, or when I overeat. Both of those just trigger me something fierce.

Yup, down to 4.6 until I'm at surgery goal, but the holidays are upon us. I find that if I eat out, even if I chose very wisely, I'm still up a few pounds the next morning. With my son coming home, I know we'll eat out some. I have to plan very carefully to get those pounds off and keep them off before January 5th. My friend Bonnie told me that they will cancel your surgery if you're not still at your pre-surgery goal weight on the morning of your surgery. That's a big motivator!!

I have a walk around Lake Merritt (3.5 miles) planned for this morning with my friend Bonnie. Late this afternoon I'm going to see Up In the Air. I think it's going to be a fun day!

Wishing you all a fun Saturday!

morning everyone!!

Lee have fun on that walk! I was thinking about maybe doing the same, or walking the bridge or something. I HAVE TO EXCERSIZE!!! I haven't in so long; Maybe I will hit the gym for an hour today. I will eat more, and no more coffee today. I woke up and half asleep got on the scale, said 262 flat....thats alil up from Weds; the problem is no coffee I end up drnking diet soda's. I guess in reality those being 0 everything is alittle better for me.

after the shower naked I will re-weigh myself like usual....then no more scale until I go to Kaiser on Monday for a check.

GOod Morning.... Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Saturday. Went to the gym this morning but could only get a 1/2 hour in... 250 cals burned.. my nose is stuffy... guess thats better than nothing... Gunna take a shower and get ready for the day. Have a good day!!

Good morning girls!

My date was REALLY fun, also before that I went out with my female planning commissioners and my BOS's aides, we went out for drinks those girls are CRAZY so I had had 2 beers by the time my date got there. He was adorable - SHORT, but adorable - we walked all over downtown and went to dinner @ an italian place (I ate the top off of 1 piece of pizza, it was SO GOOD!! Basil everywhere . . . ) then cruised the beerpubs, where I drank and he didn't . . . he hasn't for 3 years . . . and kissed a LOT. My lips are still sore this morning! we met up at 7 and I got home at 1 so that was a long time for a 1st date :smile2:

I got to start eating again yesterday, absolutely no issues with this fill, yay! And the scale is down . . . . probably from dehydration from those beers, LOL!!

Bachelor #1 got back in touch yesterday, says his computer was down and I should have been calling him . . . huh? He should have been calling me! He may switch places with #2, who was #4 until last night :lol: #3 may drive down on Sunday. It's a good thing I have 2 weeks off!!!! :wink2:

Candra, my favorite was to eat edamame: I boil them, drain, then top with Trader Joe's Pomodoro sauce (low carb) and reduced-fat cheese, nuke it to warm the sauce and melt the cheese . . it's a dense Protein, great band food as long as you don't overdo the sauce - there should be more edamame than sauce. YUMMO

I am going to go make eggs for Breakfast - I am SO HAPPY that I can have food again! I am going on a big hike at 10:30 so need something to sustain me.

Pat, congrats! You are rocking this thing girl :smile2:

Have a great day everyone!!!

Edited by riley4183

Oh I am liking this fill! I fried 2 medium sized eggs for breakfast and I could not finish the second one. Yay! Full on one-and-a-half medium eggs!!

I am under my Christmas goal so I took that ticker off :-)

Lemme tell ya....my scales are crazy!! After my shower it told me 260....then 258 twice....then my Wii told me 256 LOL I give up!!! I am taking my scale outta this house

Awwww Riley so happy to hear your date went well!!!!! Yay!!!!

Glad you are having fun Riley - you deserve it after all your hard work.

I went to a Christmas party last night with my singles group - sadly there were only 3 men in attendance - of which one is engaged to one of the ladies in the group and one was 70 yrs old - which left one single guy and 16 single women - he was loving it. I ate a little piece of ham, the inside of a small twice baked potato, 2 little smokies in sauce, about 2 tbsp of salmon spread, about 2 tbsp of spicy artichoke/spinach dip, 6 ritz crackers, a sliver of pumpkin pie, a sliver of pecan chocolate torte, and one wine cooler - this was all between 7 pm and midnight and was dinner. I watered down the wine cooler twice so there was no carbonation and I drank it by 9 pm. I ended up with a Snuggie as my gift - I actually ended up with the creme colored soft blanket that I brought, but traded Jim as he decided he didn't think he was the kind of guy to wear a Snuggy. My son was wearing the Snuggy when I got up this morning. Jim and I are the only people in the group with kids under 17 - some of the people don't have kids and the others' are all grown and they have grandkids. Jim has 2 yr old and a 10 yr boys. Nice guy and not bad looking. He's kind of short too Riley - but not extremely short. :smile2:

Doing nothing today but laundry and chores. Going to my parents' house tomorrow to make Cookies and dye my mom's hair - least I can do since she watched my kids last night at my house until I got home at 12:30 am.

I haven't been making the best food choices lately - can I say fudge - but not too far off track. I will be glad when the holidays are over and people quit bringing goodies to work - my resistance muscle is on vacation.

I am so happy I lost 4 lbs!! Dont know how but I weighed myself this morning and it ws 4lbs down. I was stck fro a whole week not losing or gaining anything thank god it went down instead of up. Well Im going to get dressed and finish shopping for stocking stuffers and then hubby and I are going out to have a drink and and appetizer. I am going to try something low sugar as a drink we'll see how it goes.

Riley- Sounds like you are having a blast girlie..so so proud of you. Have fun everyone!

We have another date tonight :-)

yay Riley!! you go girl!! have fun tonight :wink2:

Maria way to goo!!! whooo hooo!!

Well, today I checked my "on demand" and under excersize found a 15 min workout "walk 1 mile"....it was walking in place!! it felt so nice, so I did it.

Here is what I have ate, not alot because I was running errands, etc. I skipped an xmas dinner party tonight too!! :lol:

Breakfast - Skinny Decaf latte

Lunch - (just ate now at 4 pm) - 1 italian sausage (turkey) with cabbage on the side. Then had 4 slices of Asiago cheese with some specialty salame my ex got from Trader Joes.

All in all, only about 30 carbs today...kinda high but thats ok, at least I got some walking in :smile2: its a start!!!!

wow. was talking to my mom on aol, and I feel personally attacked!! we were talking about weight loss, etc. and I showed her some pics, etc. and she said this after I said I will have some loose skin...

***ladyisme: you wont have cause you arent taking the easy road

(I covered some of her screen name). She thinks I should just diet and not have the band.

Thanks eh?