Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

good morning everyone...I've been up for pretty much the whole night. I fell asleep about 7p for a few hours and that was it. I'm jealous of all you people who had a good weekend of food choices. I have not been able to get back on the wagon. Since I'm up I decided to have coffee and egg nogg... yummo, but not on the plan even though its half decalf.

You all look so nice in your picture at MImi's, even bubdled up wearing jeans I can see the picture getting smaller:thumbup: Candra you go girl, you look hott! is it me or are the girls smaller?

Heather I'm glad you email Doc fisher too, I'd even go so far as to ask for an in person appointment he won't be able to resist your sad face :confused:

Tina sounds like you had a blast in Disneyland. When you talk to NIcole tell her we all miss her.

Maria how are you? Haven't heard any port pain, is it getting better? Yea on 14 lbs, I lost that too but then I hit a wall as soon as I started on the mushies so try to stick to the program as much as you can till you loose a few more.

Riley, all i can say is when I grow up I want to be you. Probably all the support group meetings you attend. I've got to find some to attend.

I think I'm gonna have a lazy day, just hope I don't drink too many egg noggs, scratch that I'm done with them.

ok TTYL :)

Hi Ladies - Just checking in - its been a busy holiday weekend. We were at my sister's ranch north of Cloverdale; it was so pretty - all the vineyards are changing color, which I love. I grew up back east and I miss the fall color changes.

Jewel - your new picture is great - you look so different from your other one. You've done great. I agree - ever since Thursday and eating off track it has been hard. Today is the first day I feel a little more normal, but we still have brownies in the house and every time I walk by and smell them - uugghh!

Heather - I am so glad you wrote to your doctor; you've lost so much and kept on the program for so long, I really hope he cuts you some slack.

Tamara - keep the goal in mind. Sometimes I just tell myself I'm not going to have something just for today, so it doesn't feel like I am saying I can never have it.

Riley - you are awesome with the exercise. My husband is going to help me get started on weights - he and my son have all kinds of stuff in the garage. I didn't know it could make that much difference with the aerobic exercise. You learn so much on this site!

Donna, Pam, Nicole, Candra (not sure I recognized everyone in the picture) - you look terrific. Miss you all. It would be great to get together in Dec.

Well I have a busy day. I am having my husband's family for a turkey dinner and am starting to decorate for Christmas. (Riley, I am breaking out the Christmas CDs!!) Hugs to all.

Jes, that's a great idea! No one can resist the boo-boo lip! :confused:

Pammie - what a great NSV - fitting in the seat so comfy cozy LOL

Tina - My hair is just up -not shorter - the gal on the far right is Bobbie - she's Angel's Aunt.

So what was this you were saying about Robin deciding when you get a fill? Is this something new? I hope not because I opted out on the Robin Visits - I was told that I don't HAVE to see her so I chose not to. Maybe I should make the appt after all.

I am feeling unbanded, have some days when I think I should have done RNY cause I get tired of having a band but not being able to use it..................I am in bandster hell which is fine short term. Not looking forward to playing the fill game for the next few months to get to a decent fill.................I really think Dr. BAggs will work something out. I am still at the same weight as three weeks ago. I go up and down but nothing permenent. I get to hungry to stick to the 1/4 cup.

Now the protiens and exercise I am doing good..........just to much of good foods will still keep you at a plateau.

Ok on to more pleasant thoughts!!

Hi everyone!!

Heather - let us know what Dr. Fischer says. I asked Dr. Baggs to do the same and he ignored me. *shrugs*

I haven't ate well since Thursday.

I am starting the fat fast tomorrow Candra sent me after i do a weight check in the AM.

Well I finally finished my mountain of laundry, got the Christmas decorations and tree up inside, and will be heading to Arco Arena in an hour for the Kings game. I went to put up the outside Christmas lights and they were in a horrible tangled mess - I don't know why I bought the kind I did. I just tossed them - I gave up trying to untangle them. I am going to buy basic old fashioned lights for outside at Wal Mart tomorrow. I took my son who is 15 to the college parking lot down the street and let him drive the car for the first time ever - he about gave me whiplash putting on the brakes the first time. He was so cute. Made me kind of sad to see that he is growing up so fast. He can get his permit on Feb 14. I have done pretty good food wise today - although I had Cheerios with milk for Breakfast. I changed my Avatar picture to show my shorter hair.< /p>

Tina I had no idea that it was like that with Robin. She's not even a MD! I guess that's the drawback of Baggs, yes? Since he's so popular he has Robin running interference. I can see having the nutrition meeting with Robin but her deciding if you have a fill is not right. Plus she tells everyone the same thing no matter what your style or food habits. I think you should keep in touch with Baggs and let him know your concerns. Also tell him that you've tried it her way and it's not working...Your hungry. I know that's what I'm gonna tell Dr P. I can eat pretty much the same amount as before the band. I have to have a fill next week.

Hello All,

First let me start by chiming in on this here Robin thing! I can relate. Jes is right! She basically tells everyone the same thing. No, she is not a Medical Doctor...Although she acts as such! There have been a few times I almost gave her a few choice word... Remember, I have been going through this process since 2006 and had to drop-out due to my pregnancy...Anyway, she rubbed me the wrong way at my re-certification orientation and I almost let her have it!!!! I decided that was not the Christian-ly way to act and not the way I wanted to be remembered.....Especially since she has some clout in the department.... With that said... I just know how and how much to deal with her... I really don't care for her attitude... I will leave it at that for now.... Ask me more when we meet in person.... Who know if anyone from Kaiser see's this site?????

Jes-Girl, I'm with you! I can eat just as much as when there was no band... I sometimes feel like it's not there.... There is no was 1/2 to 3/4 cup is going to fill me up!!!!

Maria-I lost 13lbs and seem to be at a stand still... I am 7 weeks post-op! I have to admit...I could stand to do better with my exercise....Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Meeting yesterday~Donna, Liz, Heather, Canolie, Pat, and anybody I missed.....I am so sad I missed it! You all look so good! I can't believe I missed a photo op!!! I will try to make it next time...Maybe Tamra and I and I forgot who it was that lives in Antioch, can ride together....I'm willing to drive :confused:

I am now starting to fit into some of my 14's...No where near a 12!!! I am happy though...I haven't been this close to Onederland in almost 8 years..... It feels great...

Jes-we can do it....I need to lose 7lbs by 12/10...I can do it if I totally went back to the liquid diet....Not!!!! I only have 11 days to make something happen....

Candra-I hate that I missed you in that tight ass Body Magic Contraption!!! LOL... I do want one tho. Maybe it will make my butt look bigger :)

Banded Pros-when did you get your 1st fill??? I don't see Doc Fisher until the first/second week in February... I my blossom by then....I can still eat..... I feel no restriction...Even then, he wants me to keep losing and did not sound like it was a gurantee that I was going to get a fill...Hopefully the girl, Robin isn't pulling the strings on Doc Fisher and my fill......Ugh! That would be just awful.....

I think I have said enough!!! I need to go put some laundry away....I'll be back........................

Just got back from the gym. I worked it today! I was reading around on the different boards here and someone mentioned exercise, and not just ho-hum exercise but really working it and making it count. So I made it count tonight! I did 60 minutes on the elliptical, then 20 minutes on the treadmill (I even ran a few short bursts! Ok, like 2) then another 10 on the "arc glider" thing. Then I did abs and the thigh machines. I'm gonna be sore in the morning! I love it!

Heather, you go girl! Give me some of that motivation!!!!

Something else I heard, and I can't remember where... if you're having trouble with snacking then set small goals for yourself. (Sometimes I "dare" myself) Like "I dare you not to eat anything for 10 minutes". Then try for 15, 20 etc...

Oh, yeah! I dare myself to eat 1/2 tp 3/4 cup at each meal... For the next meal, for the next 2 meals, heck for the DAY!!!!! Tomorrow, of course~!!!! ROTF LMAO! Seriously..... I do dare myself......

Tina - when I last saw The Doc he said he was going to schedule my 12 week appt but I kept looking on line for like two weeks and it never showed so i called in and the gal was scheduling my appt for me and I ask her if I HAD to see Robin and she said NOPE so I opted not to and she just said to tell The Doc why I don't want to see her. and didn't schedule me for her. Just made my appt with Doc Fisher so we shall see what he says - seriously I am up 2lbs since I saw him last so I don't think I'll get a fill but if we are gaining and/or not losing doesn't it seem as if we would need the fill?

Tamra - Like I text you earlier... I will do the fat fast with you! Startin the the am!

Monique - I already posted a couple months back why Robin rubbed me the wrong way so I will give you a short recap - I gained 4lbs in 2 weeks on the 1200 cal diet and she basically didn't believe me that I was sticking to the diet - Doc Fisher had me cut the carbs and boom! the weight came off - he said that he wished they'd change that diet cuz it is way too many carbs and he completely believed me! Also, when I was in the waiting room one day she came in bad mouthing a patient - didn't believe her that she was sticking to the diet and Robin said "she just needs to put the spoon down". just talkin crap to one of her co-workers but very discouraging - we are all here because we obviously have issues and can't do it on our own - if she can't empathize with that then she souldn't be in the department. It appears to me that she is "one size fits all" and we are not all the same! She is not a doctor, can't help with the head hunger - we all know what she WANTS us to eat already so, for me personally, I don't think she can help me.

Have left 3 messages for the therapy dept but no response - will go by there tomorrow and see what's up - I really want to get to the root of my overeating issues once and for all - I do great during the day but in the evenings when there is nothing better to do, I want to eat!

Pammie - glad you updated your pic - LOVE the short hair cut. how was the game?

Heather - yes, please, pass me the motivation!

Monica if things rub me wrong I will say something.........I will be diplomatic but I am pretty sure I will be saying something at some point here soon.

I don't want a babysitter and if I feel like things are crazy I will put it out on the table..........

I am not one to let my feelings fester so I am guessing come tomorrow I will let someone know how I am feeling....

I have told Dr. Baggs several times about the inexperience issue and how that bugs me.......he didn't say much but said he understood. He was also diplomatic.