Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Does emailing Dr. Baggs count? I checked in with him a few weeks ago; I will call them on Monday am, because I believe the last time they checked me and recorded my weight was the end of Sept when I met with the psych.

Why is it so hard to re start after a cheating day? started out okay today then temptation won. as usual.

Finally home.............ah great to be back home.

Going up to the store to buy eggs and salsa tried that on vacation and it was so good. Ah a bit of cheese to and than you add some black Beans. A mexican Breakfast and so, so good!!!! :-) The tortilla are an out since even with my tiny fill they get stuck but for those of you that can do tortilla's you are suppose to wrap it all up in a tortilla!! :-)

Welcome home Tina! Oh my gosh that sounds yummy, like for Mexican lunch and dinner too!

Hey folks, if you are stuck on a plateau, try getting down to the gym for some weights. That's the only thing I have done differently, and it totally changed my metabolism! I've lost 2 lbs. over Thanksgiving, go figure . . . . . and I'm giving away my 12s because ALL of them are too big :Yawn:

*sigh* I can't wait to be in 12s

So since I ate hand fuls of cheez its, I went to the gym at my mom's apts just now and ran on the treadmill....well, walk, jogged, walked, jogged, etc...I haven't done that in years. Felt nice.

I would love to be in 12's too!!! I am still a 14/16. Not close to a 12 yet........

I agree about the weights. I used to be really, really into weight lifting in college and I think it does something to the metabolism. Of course Riley you exercise alot and also eat well which helps!!

Anyone heard of Joyce Vedral? She does alot of weight lifiting DVD's. Great stuff I have most of them and all the weights up to 15 pounds. I just need to pull out the DVDs and get moving. I used to love weight lifting and running back in the day!!! I went from a 32 BMI to a 23 in 6 weeks one summer with aerobics and weight lifting 5 times a week!! It does work and it works FAST!!

Also anyone read Covert Bailey Stuff. He is great and has alot to say about exercise and metabolism!! I think he even has a chapter on weight lifting and women.

The other great book is called "The Firm" and it is weight lifting and exercise book for women that says aerobics alone is not as affective as exercise AND weights!!

Ah see I know my stuff and do the research but I still have this darn lazy bone in my body that makes me all words and no action.........

Darn it Riley you have me on a roll now and I am gonna have to pull out my weight lifting stuff again!!! :-P

Riley I got the diet cranberry gonna try that this week. So what is the ratio you use?? And what am I trying to do clean out the kidneys !!! :-)

Hello Ladies! It was great seeing everyone today. Somehow group always comes around when I need it! Who all is going to the EG meeting Monday night? Maria, we're coming to get you!

I finally emailed Doc Fisher. I explained that I've been attending monthly support group meetings and doing my weight checks but that I've stalled. I asked if he could reevaluate my pre-op goal. (And reminded him that he asked me to lose 84 lbs pre-op). I hope I can hear from him soon.

Welcome home Tina - missed you today. I use to have the firm work out video - cardio sculp - no longer have a vcr LOL glad you mentioned it - I should see if i can get the DVD - it was a good one.

Riley - can't wait to be a 12! Like Tina - still a 14/16. Also can't wait to want to exercise LOL.

Had so much fun today ladies - wish it wasn't so cold & windy out!!

post-264449-13813138916119_thumb.jpg

Had a great time with my ladies today as usual. Boy we look good in our picture today. My daughter ate my left over teriyaki chicken.< /p>

Good for you Heather - if he tells you no, you should ask for a different surgeon. You have worked so hard and have done so well that you deserve to move on in the process.

I am planning on being at the Elk Grove meeting on Monday - what about you Maria?

The shirt I got at the clothing exchange today is way too big for me so I will bring it back to the January meeting.

I don't think I will make it to a 12 - even at 170 lbs I wear a 14 - I can thank my dad for my bone structure - he's 6'5" and big boned.

I'm gonna be busy tomorrow - laundry and getting the Christmas tree and decorations out and up before leaving for the Kings game tomorrow at 5 pm.

Candra the Kings play basketball inside at Arco Arena so it won't be cold watching the game - just have to get from the car - my mom has a handicapped placard so we won't have to park as far away as we usually do. I used to not like going to the games as I had to squeeze into the seat and it was uncomfortable - now I fit fine and have extra room. yeah.

I agree you all look great. Don't recognize everyone though!! So is there a meeting in December?? You said next one is in January?? Ok that makes me sad if that is true........

The firm that I was talking about is a book. I like the firm videos too and they do have them in DVD now. But the book is on weight training and aerobics and it such a good book.........gotta read Covert Bailey again cause my metabolism could use a good boast!!

I have done good today but the last week was hard on vacation and away from home. I ate ok and walked alot but still hard to tell what you put in your mouth and how many calories when your eating out and at people's houses.

My restriction is not great so I am having to go at it willpower wise. And when I am doing willpower the calories make a huge difference. When I have restriction I don't count just eat protiens cause only a little bit is needed to feel full. I just quit worrying a about how much and how many calories. I like being at that point!! :-)

Drinking cranberry juice and cleaning the house............doing laundry!!

Late evenin ladies...

What a blast today! Of course, lunch so fun, at our usual table...we sure missed our regulars! Thanks for posting the pic so quick Candra...in her cute body suit!

Go Heather, go Heather, go Heather GO! yeah...cant wait to hear the response! Ready for your appt...if you want me too!

Pam...you enjoy that game and sittin & cheerin & being healthier! Uh huh...like Candra...told ya dont pick the too big size, hehehe.

Nicole...Liz, keep up the good work, even if we were talking bout you when u got up...look how she has lost!!! hehehe

Welcome home Sweet T...no Dec mtg, but Jan 23rd yes!

However...we are talkin about getting together on Sat...or Sun...the weekend of Dec 12/13th...who is game, where and what? Just wanted to do a Holiday time together, but not to stress anyone more...so please input! Vallejo? Walk? Lunch?

Riley...any 14's with 16's? Looking to the future..hehehe.

BTW, in the pic...the woman on the right, is someone new who joined us...was Bypass several years ago, and now is banded, a few months out. Met 2 more banders today too!

Have a good nite rest and blessed Sunday everyone! :Yawn:

Heather I agree with you emailing Dr. Fischer!! I will be anxious to see what he says. I would have done the same thing...........

Pam you got a new bra I can totally tell!! LOL. Makes you look so much thinner.

Candra. The bodysuit!! Ok that is why I don't recognize you and your hair is shorter!! LOL.

NIcollie and Liz looking good.

Donna you all dressed up and looking cute!!

Who am I missing??

I miss Nicole gotta try to get ahold of her this week.

Donna I will give you a call tomorrow!!

Hi all- OMG! I can't sleep!!! it's 2:40am! is this normal?

Wow you all look great! I didnt recognize the person next to Nicole.

I am on for Elk Groves Monday's meeting I will be there at 7pm. and So sad no December meeting..but am up for a get together b4 the holidays. How about something festive..we can walk around old sac downt to K street mall. Whatever I'm up for it I just want to see everyone. Let me know. I weighed myself this evening and I weighed 220 from 234 at surgery wow a 14lb loss is that average? I dont see Baggs until end of December. I am so looking forward to moving to purees which will be on Tuesday. YAY ME!