Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

YAY Maria.... Today is a good day hehehe... You rock!!

Hey there everyone...whew finally home from shopping and running around.

Hmmmm where do I start? ok first the good news, I'm finally down 2 more pounds whoo hoo! When I came back from fresno I went straight to the bridge to walk...walked again today. I'm going to walk tomorrow and the rest of the weekend. I have my appt w/ Dr P on Dec 7th so I have to loose 2 more lbs by then to meet my goal of 20 lbs down post op.

Congrats Pat on reaching your goal, Jan will be here before you know it. Be careful during the holidays as we all know how the pounds can sneak up on us.

Maria, take it slow, make sure you are out walking everyday, it helps keep everything moving ie food going down and out :frown: Also, I called the surgery dept. when I had questions. There is always a bariatric doc there that they will let you talk to if you are really concerned. Personally I wouldn't deal with Liz go straight to the docs

Candra, yes I love my body magic though starting out with small time frames is best as that thing is tight.

Hello all you newbies it's great to see and hear from you.

Donna great words...I agree totally, I wouldn't be where I am now (banded) without this great support system so I am truly thankful!!

Riely-my thoughts and prayers and with you.

Sorry I won't be there Saturday, I'm cooking at my house for our family.

Ok I better start my chopping, I'll check back a little later.

Oh Canolie...look for my new avatar I hope to post soon, got my hair cut.:thumbup:

Oh yes I agree walking is very important been walking the dogs with my son along the trail every day not that my son is home he can help me with our doggies.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I am so very thankful to have met such a wonderful group of people... May we continue on this journey together, in happiness!!!!!

I will not be attending this Saturday either. I wish I could be there. We have a birthday party at The Jungle followed by an adult b-day party at a friends house in the evening....So many social events to attend....all with enticing foods. Wish me luck...I will be sure to eat before...

Riley-You are so very right about the Pre-Ops and Post-Ops staying together for the moral support, mis-hap explaining and overall lessons learned...That's one reason why I stopped being so indicisive about whether or not I should go through with the surgery and the main reason why I stopped being a lurker and joined the group....We all need the support!!!!

Jes-How are you lady? I am getting motivated to go do my prep work too! I decided I'm cooking my sweet potato pies, dressing and candied yams tonight....Tomorrow, green Beans, greens, mashed potatos, ham, and cornbread. My husband is on the smoked turkey right now.... My sister is the maccaroni and cheese and my mom the white beans.... My mother in law is on the cheesecake and banana pudding. I think I have made all hungary... I plan to lost 6.4lbs by Dec 10th...come on girl, we can do it!!!!

Candra-I wish I could be there to meet you on Saturday and see you in your body magic...I am getting one too. Just trying to wait until I get closer to goal.....I have a friend that sells them and is willing to give me mine for $100.00..

Tamra-I need to try your chicken place. I also still want to go to Zumba on Saturday Morning if I can get myself together before these 2 parties. I am going to PM you my telephone number...I would love to talk to you....How old is your daughter and is that your only one????

Donna!-How are you lady???? I miss your spirit and am so thankful to have met you too. You are funny!

Maria-Enjoy those mashed potatos, girl! I love Mimi's. I'm sure they will have at least 1 Soup you will enjoy. Also, bring an applesause and ask them to warm it up.....

Canolie-How are you and are you planning what you are eating tomorrow???

Liz-How is Zumba???? I did get my pedometer and have been logging my steps....It's kinda fun to see how much I'm walking everyday....You should get one.

Pam-Hello, how are you?

did I miss anyone??? Opps, hope all are well....

Gotta go plan a meal....and the order of things......:thumbup:

Hello Hello!!!

Jes- I cant wait to see your new hair yayayya.... !!Post that avatar quick hehehe.

Monique- I am going to enjoy this turkey day, I am not going to go crazy but I will be eating the things I want. hehehe. I will just work out extra hard this weekend. I am actually thinking about waking up early and going to the gym tomorrow morning... we will see about that tho. hehehehe.

Everyone have a fantastic night!!

Gobble Gobble Gobble...

Hey ladies!

Let me just say how annoyed I was that this site was down last night.

My cold is much better, only slight residual throat irritation. However, I had an appt with the podiatrist yesterday. I have plantar fasciitis in my left food (diagnosed in May, same day as my Richmond referral). I got the insoles and all that but have still been having pain. I went in yesterday to get the cortisone shot. I was told to take it easy for the rest of the day but I should be good to workout etc today. I'm still hecka sore! I'm wondering if she knicked something when I got the shot. My foot looks a tiny bit swollen to me and it's very tender still. I even had to wear my running shoes to work today! Ugh. Nothing like feeling guilty about not exercising and not being able to exercise! I'm hoping if I ice it tonight I'll be able to do my hour on the elliptical tomorrow. My body feels like I need the exercise, and the energy boost that comes with it.

I should be there on Saturday. I can't wait.

Oh, and I had an impromptu fashion show last night before bed. I tried on all my dresses and I look good! One dress that I love is probably too big. I'm tempted to see about getting it altered since it's so cute and I only wore it a few times but it might be better to just say goodbye. I hate saying goodbye to my (nice) clothes! But I did fit in my 18/20 little back dress... It looks good! I'll be taking dresses ranging from the 18 to 26/28 to Hawaii. I'm getting excited...

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll probably be off and on the board all day.

Happy Thanksgiving eve!!!

Monique - I just sent you a PM back then noticed you asked me about my daughter! She is 3, and yesss my only one!! and seeing as you have a Jungle party SAT that tells me I was right and you do have little ones lol. We spend alotta time at the Jungle now that I am not working!!

Candra / Jess what's this body thing you are speaking of?

Okay I can tell you now I will be up some weight next week, I made a "Turtle pumpkin Pie" LOL...mmmmm!! :thumbup:

Jes - ill miss you Saturday! dying to see what you did to your hair - down 20!! go girl - i'm not even close to that - I'm only down 9 but hopefully i got myself back on track and will get the other 11 off by the 15th when I go back to see The Doc - I'm such a slow burner

Tamra - it's the body Magic by Ardyss international - look it up on line~! I really wanted the red one but can't afford another one right no - it is a promotional thing that ends tomorrow - grr! I emailed you!

Nicollie - will you be there Saturday?

Captain Mo... When, if ever, are we gonna actually meet! UGH!!!

Heather - glad you're feeling better - i got another dress for you - kinda wild pattern! Got it at Target and while I wasn't thrilled with it it was one of the few that fit me back when I got it - anyway.... I got so very many compliments on it I was shocked! I'll bring it saturday.

Pammie - so glad you'll be there!

Donna - did you say you'd be there? PLEASE!!!

Happy Turkey Day ladies!!

So . . . . I met a 'new' guy online, and last night I met him in person, with all my friends around . . . OMG he totally fits in!!! They were all hugging him when he left . . . well, I was too :-) . . . . he had been calling and texting like 5x a day, I hope he still does after meeting me and my crazy friends! I like this one!! :-) He started emailing me based on my interests alone, I did not even have a picture posted and my profile was so old that I still had the "overweight" box checked for body type . . . I did send him pics before I met him in person, but still . . . he was contacting me for who I am, not for what I looked like! THAT is COOL. I so struggle with this whole, I'm-only-getting-attention-because-I'm-not-fat-anymore thing, that this guy's attitude was really refreshing. I hope I hear from him today!!

Happy Happy Turkey Day everyone.....

Riley, that's so cool. I'm so happy for you, blessing all around.

I cooked my ham last night and this morning I had a teny tiny piece and I feel so tight in the chest OMG :frown: am I finally getting restriction? Hope it last all day I need something to keep me under control. Also, I'm going out and walking the bridge this morning.

I wish everyone a day of healthy choices...and if you fall off hop back on with the next bite.:thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving Sistas...& John, if cking in!

Jes...ooo girl, I cant wait to see you again, any chance of a new avatar to tease us with, a new do! P.S. Great words of wisdom for today, hehehe. Sure wish I was there, I really wanted to do the bridge this morn!!!

Heather honey, glad u feelin better, any appts lately? You know I need to ask, so glad to see u SAT!

Tamra...I am so pulling for you, girlfriend...you gotsa to take care of yourself, that u may take care of others... a hard lesson for me to learn, am still, why many of us here!

Maria darlin...keep up the good work, this time might be tough but the reward is just ahead!!! You WILL be a losin thru these holidays!

Candra woman...YES, I will be there, gotsa see this put it all together/tummy flat/not red yet...second skin on you...and because I really miss you! hehehe

Tina...Woman of Faith here we come, call me when get back!

Will be a good time for who can make it, we must take pics... of course as always will miss our ladies who cant but will be with us in thought...stick figures for the pics??? Hope we get to see you all Before you look just like them! hehehe

April, Reggie, MoniqueD, Pammie, Analynn, Riley, Pat, Canolie, Nicole, Liz, Candi, Chris, and all (forgive if I forget someone) have a blessed weekend also!!! :thumbup:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Riley- Woohoo! That's awesome that the fella fits in with your friends. It's always akward if they don't!

I need to email Doc Fisher but I don't quite know what to say. I had another weight check during my foot appt and I was up again. I'm now right at the 50 lbs lost mark. I don't want to gain anymore back! I want it to keep going in the other direction! I'd also love it if he would tell me those extra 35 lbs he wants me to lose is actually just a joke. I've met people who struggled to lose 15 lbs in a year, and I've got 85 to lose! I feel like my body thinks it needs to be at this weight for a while. I don't much care for that. I'm the boss body, hear that?!

I'm going to try to make the cauliflower mash for our other thanksgiving tomorrow and I'm making a sugarfree pumpkin pudding too. It uses sugar-free instant pudding that you make with evaporated milk, then you add pumpkin. I'll post the recipe later.

I've made pumpkin bread and am currently baking 2 pumpkin pies to contribute to dinner tonight and the bread might go to a neighbor or something.

If anyone is looking to buy sketchers shape ups or MBTs or anything, this is probably the week to do it. I'm still shopping for mine. I can't decide which to get! I also got a pair of fitflops slippers (and one for my mom). I love that fitflops makes winter boots and slippers and stuff. They have a pair that look like uggs and they have a snow boot looking pair. I'll probably start a thread to compare the different shoes and see what people think.

Hope everyone's having a mindful day!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!

Took me awhile to catch up on all the reading!! Wow you guys post alot!! THinking about everyone today and hoping everyone is doing well.

I walked 20,000 steps the last four days and all in my workout shoes. I am so sore but on a roll now....gotta keep it up when I get back.

Donna I might have a ticket for WOF since my daughter is debating going now. Did you get more??? I am so excited to hang out with you!!

Riley missing you!! Your right about the exercise for sure.

I think I will be there Saturday.

Candra I want a body suit!!! LOL!!!

Ok gotta run more later, miss ya all!!!

Geez a year ago I started this journey how time flies!!!

Happy day ladies!

Today i am thankful for my band! I think I've gained so much weght that it is actually tight. I was seriously trying to feast today but couldn't even get close - Had a small bowl with turkey & some cauliflower mash & greenbeans - ate that but didn't have any stuffing or cranberry sauce so i put a little in my small bowl and was only able to have a few bites. I truly was unable to eat more than 1C of food! Best part is that today... I'm not mad about it - just happy my band finally showed up!!

Jane - you go girl~! can't wiat to see how this new man works out. You have a bomb ass personality and it's so rare for a man to see personality before beauty that it amazes me - because this guy is so smart, now he got both!

Heather, don't worry about the weight - I think that when we worry and stress on it is when we do our worst. I stopped stressing and finally lost a pound. So for certain I found it today but... not gonna stress because I know i'll lose it tomorrow!

Still struggling with exercise~

Hey Tina - 20,000 steps is awsome!!