Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Welcome Cindy!

Maria, Dr. Baggs won't be able to tell you how much is in your band exactly until he withdraws it at your first fill - or unfill. They put in what they need to at surgery to make it fit right so it doesn't slip; it is usually around 2 (mine was) but can be as much as 5 (I think that was Christine?). I think you should call Liz for her advice, BEFORE the holiday! At least you can be less worried about it - and I can stop worrying too :ohmy:

Morning all,

I woke up STARVING!! Probably because all I had yesterday was a coffee, and then around 7 pm I finally ate a plate of lettace with my left over steak on top....used olive oil/lime juice as the dressing. Also got 50 oz of Water in me. Close enough lol.

Hopefully every one has a great holiday if you don't come on here! I will be on all day, nothing going on over here LOL gonna cook @ my place tomorrow instead of my mom's as planned.....gonna light a fire in the fire place in the morning, and decorate my dining room table. I am worried about how much I will gain tho!!!! esp. since I bought Granny Goose brand chips hehe!

HAPPY FRIDAY hehehehe!! Hope everyone has a fantastic Turkey day!!! See ya'll Saturday.

Riley- Will do. Thanks. But I did notice that it has got a lot better. Baggs said just to decrease my intake from 2oz to 1 oz. Man that is so not filling me up I gotta learn how to work this band. I cant wait until I can chew and be in a good spot with this band. I know that it'll all be worth it once I overcome this phase. I love all you guys and appreciate your input.

Good Thanksgiving Eve to Everyone...

Just wanted to say i.e for those who connect from work...but to everyone...thank you all for the incredible Band of SOS and the best support system a girl could have! It is incredibly fun, and 'raw' what we share...when I signed up for the band, I never thought that I would gain a whole wonderful group of sistas, too!

I am thankful to the Lord for each of you, and will be a praying thru these holidays...that we will each make healthy choices, and remember to well care for ourselves...with Honesty (speaking up when we need to, if even to say no thank you), Forgiveness (if & when we make mistakes & they DO happen), yet Balance (to enjoy life and all things in moderation).

HAPPPY THANKSGIVING...AND look forward to seeing who can make it this Saturday, KAISER POINT WEST, ARDEN

@ 11:00am, with lunch afterwards for our time together! :ohmy:

Donna you are the best... Will you be there Saturday?

Maria - hang in girlfriend - I recall the first time I ate mushies I had so very little and felt stuffed for about 7 hours! Oh, what I wouldn't give to have that back again LOL.

So I got this crazy Body Magic girdle thingy for the wedding and was told that you have to wear it 6 hours the first time you put it on so that it can mold to your body - They stuck me in a size 32 inch - hooked it all the way on the tightest one so now they want me in a 30 inch - crazy cuz this thing is so snug I don't want to eat anything! I love it though - flattens out all my lumps & bumps - probably will never take it off and will have to buy a new one by the time the wedding rolls around - I hear they have red ones for the christmas season Hmmm... feelin daring enough to get sexy in red!

Man, my tummy has NEVER looked FLAT like this before - think I'll wear it Saturday so you all can see!

Jes, Don't you love yours!

So, what's going on with everybody.... Who will be at group on Saturday - I'm so looking forward to it - no wight loss since last month - only weight gain but I did lose 1/2lb when I weight this morning - I hope to be heading back in the right direction. I got a handle on my snacking - at least for the last two days! Back to No Carbs - will have a very small amount tomorrow for T-Day - Turkey and stuffing will be no carbs - well a little from the celery & onions in the stuffing but good carbs - NO bread IN IT. Also will have cauliflower mash (my fave) & will make my own cranberry sauce with fresh berries - wont the rest of may family be jealous when they are eating all the high carb grub! LOL LOL

Hey it just occurred to me that exactly one week ago at around this time I was knocked out having surgery. Wow.

Anyway-Pam what time do you think we will get back from lunch? My family wants to go to the treel ighting in Elk Grove. I think it stats at 6pm. We usually go to the downtown parade, but I am going to skip out this year just not feeling it and Id rather go to the support meeting and see everyone. I need that now more than ever. My husband is still taking our son so riding with you is going to help me out plenty. I got your lunch lady. oh and I dont know what I'll be eating cause I cant eat much I gotta look up Mimis menu and decide its gotta be Soup I dont really like the french onion soup I'll probably just have a hot tea. I dunno.

Maria - when Jes & I were just out of surgery we had the french onion Soup with no bread (i know you don't like it but...) we also split a plat of mashed potates - you can have that just mix a little extra butter in it to thin it out. I was eating mashed potatoes on my full creams early! They do have plenty of other Soups there and you can just ask them to throw it in the blender for you!

Riley - I LOVE THAT YOU (POST OP PRO) STAY HERE WITH US! I truly wouldn't have made it this far or even had the surgery if it wasn't for all the help I got on here. I would have chickened out if it wasn't for all the great things I learned here and the reassurance that it would all be ok.

Maria - we will be home by 4 pm - you don't have to buy my lunch I am going there anyway. I will call you on Friday to set it up. I think I still have your address. You can always get mashed potatoes and ask for extra gravy and make them thin like a Soup.

Candra - wear your magic girdle thing on Saturday so I can see it and the results - I need a full body girdle. :thumbup: I just don't like tight clothes.

Work is slow today. I am eating a Lean Cuisine beef pot roast meal right now for lunch - 210 calories - it will take me a long time to eat it as I already feel full and I only ate 3 bites of meat - need to slow down I guess.

Happy Thanksgiving to all - I remember last Thanksgiving well - I tried to eat a bite of stuffing and sweet potatoes besides my tiny bit of turkey and gravy and ended pbing multiple times and being miserable for a few hours. NOT going there this year.

Ok Pam I'll wait to hear from you on Friday. All that sounds so yummy. Mashed tatoes w gravy..yummo! I'm excited. are your kids driving you crazy since they are off track mine is ..he's constantly "bored" I have to look upthings for him to do that wont take me to the bank.

Cant wait to see al of you on Saturday!! who is going? I hope I see some that I havent met too.

Maria - only my daughter is off track - she goes back Monday - middle and high school are on traditional schedules so my boys are off today thru Friday. I am at work today - my mom is with them. When they are off in summer together my mom watches them and because there are three of them it is easier as they can play together.

Ah! Mine is off track until January! I gotta find soemthing for him or he and I are going to drive each other crazy. I love him dearly but after hearing "im bored" so many times its enough to make you wanna run away. I uped his chores too he didnt like that to much. Luckily we do have a project to work on. I want to volunteer this year to feed the homeless maybe that's what I'll lok into getting him in a volunteer program. Anyway have a blessed holiday and rest of today. I feel so good today no problems at all..and I took a shower did my hur and makeup and finally feel back to normal. YAY ME!!!

It's done. We are delivering gifts to the elderly on Dec 19 through Dec 24. I am excited! I think it's a good thing for my son and I.