Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

cinlarose - welcome to the group and congrats on your upcoming surgery - keep coming back!

Riley - so so so sorry for your loss - yes, forgive yourself!

Now Im scared - Monique - did you say The Doc requires you to lose weight before a fill... oops, going in the wrong direction so I better buckle down!

Gotta hit the grocery store for Thanksgiving but wanted to post recipes for any low carbers:

The Lighter Side of Low-Carb

Maria, I don't like the sound of that. It should have cleared your pouch in that 2 hours. There may be something wrong . . . . please call and leave a message for Liz . . . . . better safe than sorry!!

Nicollie - yeppers, got the coffee one! I liked it, but maybe the milk choco is better.

Cinarose - Welcome!!! I am happy to have another Concord person here. What area ya from? I am in North Concord by Port Chicago.

Well, today I stopped by Pinole Kaiser and did a check on the weight. DARN IT. their scale told me I was 4 lbs heavier then mine at home. 261.2 so I went ahead and updated my ticker to match theirs. I will not weigh myself at home ANYMORE and will go back to using their scales. So, 11.2 to go till goal.

Hopefully I can knock those off fast. We will see. I almost wanna say the Atkins shakes don't help....but can't say for sure.

Maria - sounds like you are having reflux. Are you laying flat in bed? Maybe try an incline. pudding should go right through the band if you eat it slowly. Remember you are still swollen all over. If it happens again, I would call Richmond and see if it could be band related.

I'm eating a Lean Cuisine meatloaf and mashed potatoes meal - 21 g Protein, 250 cal. yummy. I am not sure if I will be able to eat it all, but I will try.

Yep, they want to see that you are following the guidelines and have lost some weight before they give you a fill - they have the power. :ohmy:

Really quiet at work - a lot of people took the three days off to make it a whole week. Tomorrow will probably be a ghost town - but I will be here. Saving my vacation for when I actually have something to do - not just sit at home.

Candra - are you going to be there Saturday? I haven't seen you in a long time - who else is going to be there?

I will see if it happens again if it does most definatly I will call Liz. I so freaked out. Cant wait to see you guys..who's all going?

So I went to Walmart today Big mistake..spent to much $ I dont have and I feel so tired now. ANd people out there are so ruthless and rude. One person almost ran me over to go in front of me in line..then another went on a bike lane to apss me up..then another rude person blocked me in and I couldnt get into my drivers side of my car!! I had to literally go through my passengener side and hop over to the drivers side. It so HURT! I just had to remain calm and remeber here comes the HOLIDAYS!!! I am thinking of doing on-line shoping this year.

Maria - do you need a ride on Saturday - you can ride with me. I go to lunch afterwards with the girls. I didn't drive for about 1 1/2 weeks afterwards - I was still taking pain meds and I didn't want to have to make any sudden moves while driving.

I just broke down and bought some corn nuts at our little snack shack - darn it - I am getting a Migraine and thought they might help. luckily I can only eat a little bit of them as they fill my pouch up quickly. Boredom made me want them, but I made the choice to get them. old habits die hard.

Pam- Yes that would be great. I will ride with you. Thanks. I know I was unsure on driving but had to break away. I left a message with Baggs, I emailed him to ask him how much was in my fill and he wrote back "You should have between 2 and 4 ml in your band."

Man! that didnt really answer my question did it. I wanted to know how much I have not I should have. I dont know maybe I'm just freakin out but I think he may have put too much. Cause everytime I eat something I feel like I need to cough (so hard to cough right now) almost like its still sitting there. I dunno.

Hi all,

GREAT NEWS! My unemployment was FINALLY approved, after me not working in 1 month and 2 weeks...lol...I should be getting my first check this week...I am SO HAPPY and relieved...it will be a happy thanksgiving after all :ohmy:

Side note, I havent ate anything all day!! I had a coffee around 9 am, drinking Water, and have no desire to eat?? strange

I am close to Concord High... Off Denkinger. Your doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Maybe we will cross paths. My doc is in Pinole.

I just logged on to my Kaiser account and noticed my doc perscribed Metronidazole, tetracycline, bismuth, and omeprazole. Is this normal? I guess I will find out tomorrow. Hopefully it will not delay scheduling the surgery?

Cinarose- What's your name? My dr is in Martinez, but I go to Pinole to check weight alot. I know your area, was there at the park next to Concord High the other day leting my daughter play :ohmy:

Cindy LaRose

Nice to meet ya Cindy!!

You found a great group of people for info thats for sure!! If it wasn't for everyone I woulda quit a long time ago!!!! :ohmy:

You found a great group of people for info thats for sure!! If it wasn't for everyone I woulda quit a long time ago!!!! :ohmy:

THAT is exactly why we post-ops stay on this pre-op thread . . . thanks for the compliment Tamra!

Good morning all . . . got up in time to go to the gym before work, but my computer sucked me in . . . I think today will be dead at work, so I should be able to get out and walk a bit. Happy Thanksgiving Eve everyone!!