Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'M HUNGRY!!!!! When will I feel normal again? Help ladies I need meal suggestions. All Ive had is:

Breakfast- 1/4 Creamo of wheat

Lunch- 1/2 applesauce

Dinner- 1/4 cup pudding and 1/4 cup of creamy chix Soup.

Today has been the longest day every..will it ever get better??/ I need you guys....I got off the pain meds casue I gotta sober up to take the kids to school tomorrow I am the carpool this week.

Ok Ladies!

I started this whole experience wanting the Lap Band. Then after I read the complications, and heard the statistics today at orientation I was sure that I would do RYN. But then it happened, the information that I dreaded: You can no longer take NSAIDS after RYN. You see I am alergic to Acetaminophen which is the only acceptable pain meds after RYN! So now my choice is what I originaly wanted, Lap Band, and the Sleeve. I am real afraid of the Sleeve after today's orrientation! I am so scared that I will be that 1/100 that have problems with leaking. The surgen who was there today said that the Fremont Kaiser has only preformed 7 of them! And while non of the ones that they have preformed have had issues, the average leakage happens 1/100 in the US. Now what is stopping me from the Lap Band is the statistic that Kaiser preforms surgeries on 1/5 (ONE OUT OF FIVE!!!!!) patients within 5 years for complications like slipage, port infections, ports turning, and errosions (sp?). And most of those are with large holes in the stomach from the band.

Im so stressed about this :thumbup: I want to make the right decission. I need to lose weight because I'm unhappy and unhealthy. But I don't want to leave my babies with out a mom. I'm not trying to be over dramatic just sharring my thoughts.

What do you all think?

Hi Ashley,

Why don't you post something over on the sleeve board and see if you can get responses over there. I'm also willing to email with you about this. Let's not make everyone here crazy over statistics.

I think you got your statistics wrong!! You should get some clarification - the rate of serious complications from a Lap-Band is 1/1000, DEFINATELY not 1/5. Perhaps they were saying that they do 1 lap-band in every 5 bariatric surgeries, that would be about right since most get RNY

Maria, you poor thing! Glad you got off the meds - they made me see snakes, LOL

Cream of wheat makes you hungrier. Try to get a much higher level of Protein, cream of chick has hardly any unless you puree some chicken in with it. Slightly thicker Soups will help too; try split pea with ground-up (REALLY ground-up - a la Magic Bullet) ham. When I was Stage 2 I would walk down to the Chinese take-out place and but some hot & sour Soup, bring it home & put it in the Bullet. YUM Also I did that with chili - added plain soy milk to make it thin enough and that really filled me up, but I found out later that Beans were a no-no for months after surgery . . oh well.

i plan to take myself to target and get that bullett cause i dont i think i need more than wghat ive been eating i feel so weak i havent had any protien!! may be tomorrow ill make some lentil Soup and puree the hexk out of it. any more ideas ladies??????? jess, candra what helped you guys during the full iquid stage.

Hey everyone. Wos it took me an hour to catch up on here.

Taking off in the morning to go to LA. Been doing ok with the protiens this weekend. Hopefully I will find something to eat down south. Weird I already have started to plan ahead.......lap band life for ya!!

So much information.........

Riley I like the dress. My friend had the eye surgery at work and she was back at work the next day.

Maria: Hot Soups and Hot Drinks filled me up.

Ash: I don't know about the complication rate but I probably have had the most problems with the band and I still am glad I did it. I am the emergency unfill person!! :-) I am at 2.5cc's now from the last unfill but strangely I have some restriction anyway. I worry about slipping the band but ya know that is why I get the unfills so quick when I need to.......I am not willing to take a risk and wait to long.

Heather: Feel Better!! I would love to Zumba with ya sometime.

Analyn: that hip hop class is fun I have done that one a few times.

Who else?? I miss Nicole, Christine and candy. Been to long.

Ah I saw New Moon at midnight on Friday night!! Loving Jacob but I have always been team Jacob since I read the books.................I think he is the better choice and the physique doesn't hurt!! :-) Great movie!!

Maria they did not have them at my Target, so I had to go to Wal-Mart - you might want to go online & find out before ya drive out there . . .

TINA!! Heading out for T-day and Disneyland, are ya? I'm jealous!! Have a BLAST

ok thanks tina and riley...all ive been eating is the 1/4-1/2 cup 3 times a day but i feel hungry still..dont want to eat more since im afraid of damage..the port still hurts so darn much...cant wait until i am normal again..ok ill stop being a big baby sorry guys..i did have a better day than yesterday went for a nice walk outside on our trail. tomorrow will be better i know it!! have fun tina in disney..

Maria - I was freaking hungry at that stage too - just got used to my stomach growling and drank Water and more Water to take my mind off of it. It will get better - I promise.

Candra - when I called Kaiser to get in to see someone they gave me a quicktrack appointment which is where a bunch of people go in at the same time, fill out questionnaires and paperwork, and then you go in for a one on one 1/2 hour appointment where they decide what is best for you and either sign you up for classes or refer you to talk to someone or both.

Ashley - is Motrin a NSAID? You can't have it with LapBand either. They put it on my medical record under the medicine allergy section. I had my lapband surgery 8/26/08, they didn't offer the sleeve then, but I wouldn't have chosen it or RNY either - didn't want part of me permanently removed - plus I wasn't interested in losing my weight that fast. It is a process to me - the mental part has to go along with the weight loss part - I am somewhat of a slow loser - if it takes me another year to lose the rest of my weight that is okay with me.

My kids and I went to Arden Fair today - they saw Santa and had their picture taken and then we had our annual portraits taken at Sears. Boy did I look old in the family one - wrinkled and my hair looked orange to me - hopefully it really won't when the pictures come back. I got my hair cut short like Riley's yesterday. After I dye it, I will have my son take a new pic of me for my avatar.

I know what you are talking about in regards to the muffin top Riley - makes me ill looking at mine.

I did get my new bras when I went to Curves yesterday so the girls are up where they belong - they are a little confused. I went to Curves 3 times this week which is an improvement for me - I had been slacking off.

My food today - b a banana, l a cookie from Carls Jr at the mall, d 1/3 seafood salad (no noodles), 5 crackers, sn bowl of frosted flakes (that was more an emotional food choice).

Hi to all.

Bandster Hell Maria. That first six weeks is sorta crazy. Once you start getting fills it gets better.......not that I would know what a good fill is since I have been filled and unfilled!! ;-)

Drink something warm that worked the best for me to keep me full.

Maria I wonder why Dr. Baggs didnt' take your gall bladder out at surgery?? Hmm I thought they did if they found a problem.

Ok well I have got to get some sleep............later friends!! :-)

i plan to take myself to target and get that bullett cause i dont i think i need more than wghat ive been eating i feel so weak i havent had any protien!! may be tomorrow ill make some lentil Soup and puree the hexk out of it. any more ideas ladies??????? jess, candra what helped you guys during the full iquid stage.

Hey there everyone... iphoning on lapband mobile down in Fresno working. I miss you guys, my food choices haven't been all that good. Maria hang in there, girl get some hormel chili no Beans less gas, :biggrin: put it in a blender or use a hand mixer for a few pulses. They have those sm personal cups perfect & they fill u up. Ok got to get up and be at the Fresno campus in 30 min. I'll be home tomorrow. Take care everyone. Smooches!!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Jes~How are you girl? I hear you on the eating. My choices have not been good either. I ate Benihana's last night like a mad woman. I just could not stop eating my Filet Mignon and Lobster. Ask me what happened to my plan of getting a kids meal?

Tamra~Are you there???? Do you want to go to Martinez's Saturday Zumba class at 10am??? You holding out on the "Chicken Place's" name???? ROTF LMAO :biggrin::lol::biggrin:

Riley~I need your energy and motivation

Donna, Ashley, Liz, Heather, Nicolie, and anyone I may have missed....This is a brand new day....Let's do this!!!!

I see Doctor Fisher TODAY!!!!!!:biggrin::eek::tongue2: OMG, Did i tell you all that I have gone up since last week's weighin at my OB appt???? Not much but still in the WRONG direction!!! I think I'm up 2lbs..... We shall see.

Have a great, productive day....

Morning all- Another day on Bandster Hell- This is so not fair--Filet Mignon and Lobster!!!! WTF!!!! I cant wait... well I'm off to have my b-fast umm let see?? how about some Creamo ala wheat..

Jess- Thanks for the suggestion chili does sound mighty good...

Everyone- whever I eat something I feel like a cramp or weird feeling something. I think that's the restriction, is it? I am not sure cause I still feel the soarness and pain from the port that I cant distiguish between the two.

Man..my family..my guys are such jokers I have a very humorous husband and son that while im healing its hard to be around cause we laugh so much that I had to literally get myself out of the room becuase I was in so much pain from laughing. Laughter is a good thing but not when you are healing from surgery.

wish me luck today.