Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ash, are you going to ask to be transferred to Kaiser Richmond? You can still come to our support group there, even if you're not at Richmond.

There was one woman at the support group on Wednesday night that had the sleeve. I'd say 90% there had RNY and a couple of Banders.

I want to try to talk to the sleeve woman next month if I see her. I don't know who here doctor is. She just had it done a couple months ago and looked terrific.

Band date is in my siggy . . . . I did not do sleeve because 1) wasn't a choice when I went through the program, but more importantly, it's much more invasive than the band - still involves a great deal of cutting and stapling, like RNY but without the re-routing. I would have considered it if Kaiser had offered it at the time, but would still have chosen the band, and it was the right choice for me :-)

Thanks Riley!

Questions:

What does it mean when people talk about "bougie"?

What is PBing?

Lee - I do like Oakland also, some parts of course more then others. I love spending Sunday mornings walking Jack London Square and getting farmers market veggies :thumbup: Do you go there?

I went to my chicken place AGAIN tonight and over ate!!!!!! today wasn't as smooth as I have been, I feel soooo full tonight.

Breakfast - Venti Skinny Latte, canadian bacon, and some cheddar cheese

Lunch - split almost a full bag of 'veggie' chips with my friend, they were tomato/spinch/potato

Dinner - 1/2 chicken, salad with ranch, and 2 pieces of bread.< /span>

My baby is POOPED she passed out next to me on the couch....if I wasn't so full Id work out!!

Edited by tamra.

Evenin all....

Ash, the sleeve was not offered at my time of orientation (had my surgery @ SSF), but if it was, I still would have gone with the band...still too much redoing the insides, the lost of weight toooo fast for me, (in several ways). I do like the accountability of the band as a good tool...for life, and a healthier one! Also, did not like the malnutrition side of things...as a compulsive eater I need to continue to do the mind work continually, with exercising and all things in moderation! I get to Celebrate my bandiversary 12/10! (1yr)

PB = Productive Burping, when the food you eat for various reasons...too fast, too large or just not band friendly comes back up (with saliva). Listening to our body signs...and knowing what it is saying, eating slowly, NOT talking while eating, chew chew and chew, also knowing what different foods may not go down as easy. Hope this helps! :thumbup:

hey rosey posey wtg on the 45

Mi? That you? How are you doing? You in chat? PM me! :thumbup:

Here's an idea to get your appetites under control: do an ab workout at the gym! OMG . . . . ya know how you are SO not hungry in the week after surgery, and it feels like you did to many sit-ups? Well I just re-created that lovely feeling - OUCH - but not really hungry! :thumbup:

Hey Riley - I just noticed that tomorrow is your 9 month anniversary for your band. You have done an amazing job.

Contratulations girl!

Also - love the sort piles - you left out "the lay down on the bed to zip up" kind

Hey - I am down another 3 lbs from last week (@229 on my scale) , so I am not too worried about what I will weigh tomorrow at Kasier for my appt with Liz - still don't plan to eat/drink and will wear light clothes. I am really pumped. (I'll change my ticker tomorrow is the Kaiser scales shows less.)

For all of you on the 1200 cal. one trick I am doing to help me not eat too much of the whole grain bread Trader Joe's daily bread (I loooovvveee bread) is I freeze the loafs and I take my slice out from the freezer and toast it. That way if I'm tempted to eat a second one, I have to work to get it (freezer, toaster, wait, etc.). It works pretty well for me. I really like the cinnamon raisin kind and I would eat more if it wasn't frozen.

Quiet here today. That means everyone has a life!

Pat, I keep the bread frozen as well because it takes me a month to eat one. I've never tried the Daily Break Cinnamon because it sounds like it's toooo good. I eat the sprouted wheat Protein bread if I do have a slice. Right now I'm trying to stay lower carb because I want to get some weight off. I don't want to look ridiculous for my first appt with Dr. Baggs. If I haven't lost in the month from orientation he'll really frown at me. I wish I didn't have a week's vacation to NY and Boston during my first month, but oh well. I can eat healthy on vacation too!

I too love your piles Riley. I can't wait till that's all of us here, sorting sorting sorting. I think when I get to a small size, I'll wear my pants inside out on my head to that the entire world knows that I'm small.

I've finished my errands for the day. Now I can start making some small vacation clothes piles. I look forward to having little tshirts that will take up so much less room in my suitcase!!

food today

1 egg

6 oz turkey burger

NY Strip steak split between lunch and dinner

grapefruit

Quickly dropping in:

up 2 lbs today. Darn you chicken place!!! lol.

Went and hit some golf balls this morning, that was fun.

Also, if anyone is interested, I am selling all my AUTHENTIC Coach purses online. I need money so bad right now, I am going through everything I dont need anymore.....

Breakfast - Venti Lattee

Lunch - left of salad / ranch from last night.

TTYL!

You guys are funny!

OK I am doing the 22 pairs right now, and really amusing myself!

The 5 pairs of 5's I just left on the closet shelf - this is supposed to be uplifting, not a downer.

WELL I started with a pair of bright red Zena jeans, a junior's size 11 with a waist that looks like it'd fit Barbie. I tried them first because I thought, ya gads they are bright red, if I'm not going to be able to wear them by Christmas I' just going to give them away. Yes, Pat, I had to lie down on the bed to zip them, but zip them I did! And they are hot :-) They get drawer space.

Next some black jeans, fit but too short and material is too thin to hold my pannus in. Give-away pile

CUTE size 10 painter pants, khaki came next, fit great nice ass Riley! But too short! I considered rolling them up, but it's winter and by next summer they will bee too big in the arse so - give-away pile.

OK I broke into the genuine Levi's, 501s and 505. At my very tiniest teenage twiggy stage, I wore a 29 32. This first pair are a 32 30, they seem long enough but far too tiny. Well they pulled up, and it was a minor miracle but I somehow flopped around on the bed enough to zip the. Wow . . . now I know what they mean by "muffin top"!! I am a giant muffin. I never knew it came out the back of the jeans, too. Sheeez. I'm going to get these off - hopefully I won't have to make my way downstairs for a can opener . . . BRB with more pants -

Next 2 pairs are Wrangler men's, 32-30 - fit but no good 4 my butt :-) Give-away

Another pair of junior 11s, "Rio" brand?!? Nice butt; get drawer space.

Levi's 14 stretch?? Oops, give-away! I wonder if I was ever missing those.

Oh! Rockies! I used to love my ass in Rockies . . . 38 length? Where the heck did I get these? 33 waist, OMG - rats! They are too loose. But but butt . . . . boo-hoo. I am going to wash them in hot and dry them on hotter! And apparently tuck them into boots because they are 5" too long! Who is really tall and wears about a 12?

Couple more thinner materials, clearly too short - go in the give-away pile.

Two "dressy" 8s. from a friend who recently lost inches (Sensa) and went from a 10 to a 6, poor me I get her clothes :-) and she never buys somethig that's not designed. I have a special drawer for her stuff; she was hips/thighs like mine and my shape will be a lot like hers when I'm done with this journey.

That's it for today! I have clothes to give away, people - especially jeans. Oh and still some size 14 and 16 career dresses that I can part with now that I've found eBay . . . . they need to be dry-cleaned, shoulders are dusty from so many tears of hanging unworn but they are up for grabs!!

The DKNYs that I wore on our walk in Vallejo just went in the pile too - I thought they were 12s, they are 14s! No wonder they got so baggy :-)

Speaking of walks, I'm going to go take one - the NASCAR race sucks, a bad last 1/2 of the Chase for my driver. And with Jimmie Johnson making history as 1st to win the Cup 4 times in a row . . .I can't watch. TTYL, as Tamra would say!

Hey there people! I made it through the party and the slumber party! Whew! Wasn't bad. The kids had a great time. I was not inticed by the pizza. I did eat a tiny slice...Not the whole thing and 1/2 of a cupcake...Overall, my eating was good. I thought it would have been hard. It did help to have two of my pre-op friends there. We were able to keep each other in check.

I am going to Benihana's tonight...That will be good. and I see Doc Fisher in the morning. I am going to select a new weigh-in outfit!!! I am going to scour the closet in a few minutes.

Riley-girl you are my inspiration. It is a real downer to have to give up the clothes you really like. I have to keep that I am losing weight and I will be able to buy clothes in a short while. I am continuing to buy shirts and a few sweatsuits w/ elastic. I also just got a jacket in a large. It's a bit tight across the breast but I plan to fit it and did not want to buy it too big. I have given away all my 18's, many of my 16's I have washed in the hottest Water my washer has. I have almost wanted to take a few to the cleaners for alterations....Not worth it though....I have to save my money and buy more......

Oh well!!!!

Tamra-What's the name of the chicken place you keep talking about? Also, I have an all club membership. I can come to Martinez.....There's a Zumba class on next Saturday at 10am. I may be able to make it...How about you???/