Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi everyone!

So I was wondering, someone mentioned the other day that they where reading all the bad stories about the band and I wanted to know where they found them. I just want to pre-pare my self you know!

Sorry I don't know any bad band stories, except john's 2 failed attempts and my infection and a few of this group's emergency unfills . . . that's about it. Really no "bad" stories out of Kaiser, I think they are mostly out of Mexico. Kaiser Richmond is one of the top facilities in the nation - no worries :-)

Well I did it, went to the gym at 5 am and did my cardio for an hour, then went back at 1 for resistance training - REALLY helpful to have someone who knows what they are doing! Sge is going to work with me again Monday at lunch, so I will be hitting the gym twice then, too.

SO. After gym & back to work for an hour, I went to the eye doc that I had asked my PCP to refer me to . . . .I don't know if you guys have noticed, but the skin above my eyes is so excessive that you can't even see my eyelashes - it just droops/bags/whatever. Covers that top portion of my field of vision. So I went in today, told the doc that this problem has gotten much worse after losing 115 lbs., that I compensate by tilting my head back to see better and that is causing me neck and back pain, and he's like, say no more - you need the surgery. I bet they did not warn you about this when you got the lap-band - well no, they did not! He says it's usually only in folks over 50, well lucky me I have had it (to a lesser degree) since age 16! So he says congratulations on my weight loss, I look great etc., and will look even better after my surgery. KAISER IS DOING MY EYE LIFT!! For my co-pay!!!!! They determined it was medically necessary in like 8 seconds. I LOVE KAISER!!!

The journaling is really working folks! Someone mentioned cognative therapy, I am a big fan! And I highly recommend it! It was the basis of my "overcoming emotional eating" class (which I refer to as my "head-hunger class", they are startinga new one next week - the 24th, runs for 4 weeks so perfect for getting through the holidays! I am not taking that session, but am taking the session that starts in January. The mental stuff is for sure the hardest part of this journey - and probably the most important thing to get a handle on for life.

I bought this dress on eBay for $8.50 . . it's a slinky little 10 . . I figured if I worked hard, I could wear it by New Years - a motivational piece, ya know. WELL I got it last night, and guess what? I stepped in and zipped it right up! Fits like a glove. A glove with a lot of lumps, but it fits! Girls I am steppin' out this holiday season . . . .

post-247906-13813138881729_thumb.jpg

Wow Riley! that dress is georgeous. You strut your stuff for the New Year you sure darn deserve it!! I hope to do the same next year! I cant wait to finally meet you.

Ah but Maria, you will understand this - my port shows under the dress! Darned thing is so sticky-outty after working my abs at the gym today - it's crazy!! When I turn sideways I can definately see it! Looks like a mini-boob . . . . oh joy . . . .

Pammie, you obviously have never noticed my purses LOL They are huge! I figure if the centry theater can't provide a healthy choice then I'll will provide my own.

Congrats Jane! I'm really happy for you ... wow, lap band, eye lift, boob jobs, tummy tucks - what's not to love about Kaiser.

I got a response from my PCP about therapy and he told me to call the psych dept myself - I thought i had to be referred - anyway, by the time I got it it was too late so I'll have to call Monday

I'm getting real scared - for some reason I can't stop eating - not hungry, not upset but my mouth won't stop - this is worse than before I ever got banded. I've been pacing the last hour so that I don't eat anymore because I'm actually full but my mouth has such a strong desire to eat still. I am going back on my wellbutrin SR - The Doc said the SR was ok to take even after the band and the regular ones aren't helping - back to getting headaches almost every day and I think it really was helping me with my appetite before so I pick them up tomorrow. Anybody else get this horrible compulsion to over eat after the band? Truly, It is making me real nervous.

I was also told I need to find an exercise I enjoy because this running/walking thing is really not fun and making me stress out - so bad that I haven't hit the treadmill in 5 days! So I'm thinking dancing - trying to find something in Vallejo - Zumba is only on thursdays and I need something at least 4 days per week - anybody ever ball room dance or belly dance - hoola sounds like fun but not very "active" so to speak - it moves slow doesn't it? I need a good workout - open for suggestions?

Riley - I am so proud of you for all the work you put into this and the exercising you do. I wish I had your mindset - I truly do - and hope that this therapy will help me change. I literally cried when my husband tried to make me run this morning - maybe the headache/pain pills or lack of wellbutrin. who knows but totally not normal for me to be such a baby.

I feel so outta control today - been this way for the last 3 days - grrr! kaiser to lobotomies?

I bought this dress on eBay for $8.50 . . it's a slinky little 10 . . I figured if I worked hard, I could wear it by New Years - a motivational piece, ya know. WELL I got it last night, and guess what? I stepped in and zipped it right up! Fits like a glove. A glove with a lot of lumps, but it fits! Girls I am steppin' out this holiday season . . . .

I am extremely jealous right now!

Hi Everyone,

Maria, glad you're doing so well.

Tamra, Where is your new chicken place?

Ashley, I've been checking out the VSG site and there's more people over there that had some problems with the band and later had revision to the sleeve. In comparison to the people thrilled with their bands here, it seems like just a few. I think that people that have had problems tend to be a bit more vocal about it. I think we're in good hands with Kaiser. Have fun at your orientation on Sunday!

Riley, you've said so many great things about those classes. I'm definitely going to look into them in January. Congrats on all this hard work you're doing in the gym.

I've had a tough time staying on food plan today. I did well until dinner. I think I didn't eat enough in the morning and then couldn't quite catch up. I did get in plenty of herbal tea throughout the day.

b. 3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese

l. plain ground beef

s. 1 apple

d. 1 apple, 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 2 rice cakes, 1 laughing cow cheese

I cooked up lots of beef and turkey burgers for easy Protein over the weekend.

I'm trying to get myself firmly on track before my trip next week. My son is a very healthy eater and he'll make us big salads at his place, but NY is a great place to eat out. We'll be staying in a hotel in Boston for two nights after Thanksgiving dinner.

I know I need to get down into the gym and get on the treadmill. This gallbladder surgery really gave me an excuse but now I'm just plain lame about it.

Happy Weekend everyone!!

Candra, do you have cable TV? Channel 222 is FitTV and they have great master classes for an hour at 6am. I've TiVo'd them to do later in the day. I haven't watched lately but they have a different teacher/style every morning.

I am extremely jealous right now!

That's cause you haven't seen the pillsbury (doughboy) rolls!! Shopping for the right compression-wear (or -ware) now :-)

Check my graph - this is COOL - boy that weight loss sure does slow down doesn't it . . . .

post-247906-13813138881979_thumb.png

Edited by riley4183

Lee, you are doing great!

Candra hunny . . . . frontal lobotamies, bottle in frontamies . . all the same. Wellbutrin worked that way for me too; now I have Tofranil very low dose - works. I forget that I was obsessed with eating a minute ago. Sounds like estrogen to me, dear - you know, that hormone that's stored in your fat, and when you lose a bunch of that fat it gets released and pulses through your body causing neurosis until you can get it out of there? I'm serious here - drink a LOT of Water, non-caff beverages to flush that crap out. And yes counseling, even if you feel better on Monday - the structure needs to be in place before you need it.

If that doesn't work, call me & we'll go drink :thumbup: Love ya!

Riley- Great dress, cool on the eyelift and thanks for the info.!

Candra-Girl, try Wii EA Sports Active... MUCH better then Wii Fit!

Lee- Thanks I will look at that forum too. I have this need to be over informed LOL! And I am so excited for Sunday.

I got my appointment reminder call today and I was like "Oh yes I wont forget!!!!!"

I plan on having a huge Breakfast, Wearing jeans hevey sweater and my fuggs (fake-uggs)! Any other scale tricks to make me "weight more"???... Hehehe!!!!

Thanks for the info lee! I will look into it - I don't have Tivo but I have a DVR so should be about the same.

Riley you're the bomb! I'm just not feeling like myself and I hope you're right - estrogen! Since it has been so cold lately I have slacked off on my big jugs of Water - will buy one tomorrow! I've seen your tummy - what rolls??

I'm being fitted for a body magic contraption on Tuesday! I may have to break down and tell my bridezilla that I got banded - wedding not till July and I plan on being thin by then - i know it's going slow now but I have only 2-3cc in my band and don't feel it at all so hopefully I will get my first fill next month and will start to lose! I just don't want to spend 150+ tax on a girdle for this wedding just to have to buy a smaller one later - 300.00 in underwear is rediculous! Side note - still no luck on the strapless bra!

Ash, as if you could forget your appointment!

Heather - how are you feeling? any better? My poor husband is so sick he can't breathe out of his nose at all - sucks to be me in the middle of the night right now LOL

Ok, off to dream of the day starbucks starts to sere my vodka valium lattes!

Candra do you see that upswing in my weight loss graph, not the flat line that's recent but the line that actually turns and starts going back UP the darned hill back in April? That was when I was waiting for my first fill! You will go back down the hill after your fill - promise!!

Hey all! Wow you all have been busy! I had 3 damn pages to read...Now I'm too tired to reply....I'm here though!

Maria-Take it easy. Hope you feel better.

Riley-You promise me I'll lose after my first fill too????

Donna-Hi, Im good. I need to refocus though....

Okay, confession..... I was completely out of control today! I feel you Candra!!!! I need a swift kick in the a**! I had 2 Thanksgiving Celebrations and ate at both....We had a feast in the AM class and another in my PM class... I made okay choices...Just too much food.< /p>

Then I came home and ate stuffed salmon from costco, and a tiny bit of rice....I had some iced tea and barely any Water today...

I have to do better....Starting tomorrow....But wait...My baby's party is tomorrow...I know I have to have a slice of pizza...My husbands bday is Sunday....We're going to Benihana's I have to eat!!!! Ugh!!! Can I make some good choices??? I am planning to use my LapBand card on Sun at Benihana's and order a child's portion....I have to do better.

I see Doc Fisher on Monday morning......Help me, pretty please!!!1