Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I've been sick. I took yesterday and today off from work. I never take time off work, but I figure I better do it right or else I could get sick again or stay sick longer. I don't want to be sick while I'm on vacation! So far it's been a head cold, but I feel it moving to my chest. I have a tendancy to get bronchitis, lame! I feel icky. I even googled "Ok to excercise while sick" and apparently there's the "neck test" if it's above the neck, you're good to exercise, but if it's chest or stomach (or you have a fever) then exercise is a no-go. I've been pretty good with the food today, that's hard though- I just want to curl up on the couch and eat cookie dough. But I didn't!

Maria- I'm so happy for you! Nothing to worry about now!

Tina- I emailed my pcp this week and got a response in under 5 minutes! I couldn't believe it.

Maria - Congratulations. Happy Band day. You are in my thoughts.

Tamra - when I went to support group in the beginning of October, Bev said that they were running 6 - 8 weeks out for scheduling. I will let you know on Monday, since I have my case manager appt then. I am expecting a date in January. Riley thought that Bev might have been talking the schedule for RNY, but Jewel told me that Dr. Park is going on vacation Dec 17th, so I really think a January date is what it will be (I'm actually thinking middle or 3rd week which would mean not going back to work until middle or 3rd week in Feb. We usually have the warm streak that hits in Feb so I have my time off all planned out - want to really get my walking in!)

Canolie - way to go on the weight loss!

Riley - good meeting on Tuesday; you guys are a big support and I love the pillow!

Lee - sorry I flaked - I forgot I had a hair appointment and couldn't go, but I will go to the Dec mtg.

Monique - thinking of you - know the return to work is hard; take care and get your rest.

Candra - you are back and making me laugh again! I love the cruise idea - I'm in!!

Nite ladies!

I've been sick. I took yesterday and today off from work. I never take time off work, but I figure I better do it right or else I could get sick again or stay sick longer. I don't want to be sick while I'm on vacation! So far it's been a head cold, but I feel it moving to my chest. I have a tendancy to get bronchitis, lame! I feel icky. I even googled "Ok to excercise while sick" and apparently there's the "neck test" if it's above the neck, you're good to exercise, but if it's chest or stomach (or you have a fever) then exercise is a no-go. I've been pretty good with the food today, that's hard though- I just want to curl up on the couch and eat cookie dough. But I didn't!

Maria- I'm so happy for you! Nothing to worry about now!

Heather - sorry you are feeling bad. I always want to baby myself with food when I feel bad - good job on the NO Cookie Doug!! Riley's new thing of logging her food and emotions is really interesting. She found she doesn't want to eat when she is stressed or angry, but when she is bored or feels 'entitled', like "I deserve this." I am going to look for the food journal log she got at GNC - I think figuring out the emotional eating patterns is probably a big key to this complicated puzzle.

Ok you guys - someone needs to yell at me. I just spent the last hour reading all the posts on the "Complications" Thread. Scary stuff. One theme - lots of problems from surgery done in Mexico! We are so lucky to have a surgery center with the accrediation that Richmond has.

Ok now I really am going to bed.

Good Morning!

Heather, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Kudos for staying out of the food to comfort yourself. WTG!

Maria, How are you feeling this morning? How did you sleep?

Pat, I get it about forgetting you had a appointment. If my calendar didn't tell me where to be, I'd forget everything. I'm excited that you have a case manager meeting coming up. Let us know how it goes. I read the complications threads as well. I'm grateful to have Richmond because it's such a wonderful program.

I got weighed last night at the meeting. Incidently, they did mention that the scale would only be coming to one Wed. meeting a month, I think they said the first Wednesday but I can't really remember. When I went to orientation last week I was 240.8 at 7:15 AM, last night I was 238.7. I weigh in wearing my shoes. At home this morning I'm 233.6 but that's first thing, no clothes, no heavy Dansko clogs. I have a five pound difference from morning to night, dressed to undressed, but it's the same on my home scale to Kaiser scale so I know what to expect.

Have a fun day everyone!

Morning all,

261.8 this morning....11 lbs and some cents to go...lol....

I found a new place last night here in Concord that serves rotisery (spelling) chickens, and side dishes. My friend and I got 1/2 chicken and split it, with all salad as the side...it was YUMMYYYY!! it came with pita bread tho...he looked at it and was like well, its kinda brown maybe its wheat LOLOL that was all i needed and i ate half...but still down some weight today!!!

Off to take my mom to run errands, see ya all later!

Morning all!

Donna- first, I want to say thank you so very much for that gifts you gave me..I used just about everything and I love the eye mask I totally used that last night thank you, thank you, thank you. You are such a genuinely super, nice,sweet woman with a huge warm heart and I am looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else on this board better. Nicole put it best when I spoke with her this morning you are all an extension of my family... My Band sistas!!! Sorry for the long blog...

update:

Not in any pain other than soreness from my port. It feel like something sticking out. I am sleeping on my living room recliner. I think I didnt get any pain because I am taking my pain medicine around the clock I set my oven alarm to go off at 3am to take it I dont miss a dose, I do not want to feel any pain!! not much gas either, Baggs did a great job. Should I take my Vitamins? ? cuase I'm only drinking 1oz of Water and broth every 15 minutes to equivilate to 30oz a day. I am getting a little hungry though, dr Baggs said I have some fill in the bag becuase the manufacturer requires it filled when placed. He also surprised me when I was on the operating table he told me I have kidney stones! I said what! who diagnosed me he didnt answer that question but did say it was diagnosed 9 years ago..shoot I never knew this, this explains a lot. I dont know what to do of this. Anyway, my pain isn't to bad, everyone was super cool they were running late but all went ok.

Tina- I did tell Baggs everyone said hello and that he is a super cool guy heh smiled tell them I sad helloo he has some humor in him..one of the nurses said oh you look good and asked baggs doesnt she look good after surgery and he said, "it's the glasses" I said hey Dr. Baggs you won't be saying that 6 mos from now Mr! and he laughed and said yeah you ladies impress me n how diffrent you look. He is a good doctor I really like him. Tamra- Tina is right he doenst know anything about the scheduling so he dosent involve or answer any questions about that but he does respond very quicklu to your email. I know cause I asked him about a follow up appt and he ignored that question. I guess he'd rather plead the 5th.

Girls (Baggs patients) Tell me what you think,I think he may have gotten some weightloss surgery done cause he looks like he lost a great amount of weight I was checking him out ;0) and he looks as if he has some loose skin does has anyone ever notice that? check me out all drowsy and checking my doctor out, bad gir!! speaking of bad girl, I went to surgery with no chonies or bra I felt dirty!!! :0) but it helped to not bend. oh and I weighed in at 234.4 but last night I weighed 239.4 I guess its all the fluids they pumped into me. well I better get ready to drink my sleepy juice or should I say feel good juice. TTYL Luvs Ya!!

Hey Maria - good to hear from you - No Chonies is always a great idea!

Riley, thanks for the band info - I also agree about the late nite vodka valium latte - it would greatly imporve my life!!!

Hahaha Tina - what good is a quick response when it doesn't answer/say anything. I wish I was going with you to disney land!

Heather - feel better and please take this time to rest and not exercise. I don't think it's good for you to work out when your body is trying to heal itself!

Go Tamra - wish I was down -

Monique - I get so cranky when I have a Migraine and I don't want to have to "think" so for dinner last night I ate my husbands whole box of chocolate covered peanuts - why is it that I'm not losing any weight - hmmm?

Hi Patty - I so can't wait to meet you in person!

Lee - sorry I didn't make the meeting yesterday but, again, it was my 14th wedding anniversary, I had a migraine and had to still act like I was in love with my husband - way too much to deal with in one night - the meeting would have put me over the edge! My hubby is so good to me though... even though he's sick (real sick) he gave me his goobers :confused: If that isn't the best anniversary gift ever I don't know what is - that's love!

Good Morning All!!! So who is planning on going next Sat to the meeting??? Just curious.

~good morning sistas!!!!

~ Maria... I am so glad to hear from you!!!!! I am glad things went well... U ROCK!

~ I weighed in this morning after having an emotionally terrible day yesterday and at kp weighed 241lb. I emailed Dr. Fisher to touch bases. I am so PMSing ugh....b ut today is agood day. Going to the gym after work. Gotta handle it!

I just wanted to throw a side note out, I am STARTVING today LOL.

Maria - I think Dr Baggs is HOT LOL he made me really nervous!!!!!!! I am glad your doing well :confused:

Ashley - John Muir in Concord is having a meeting Dec 9th I believe, I am going to go, maybe I will see ya there?

I going to the meeting on the 28th at Point West too.

Glad to hear you are doing okay Maria.

Today is my Friday and I'm getting ready to head home. My boss took me and two other people out to lunch today - I had an ala carte order of chicken teriyaki - was just perfect amount and was meat only. Yummy. Now I am sleepy.

I am going to try to call and get my Lapband card.

good, I miss everyone already!!! I really hope the new people can come too....