Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Lol- Nevermind my question! I went back and re-read the binder info!

Go Maria...got yo band on, go maria, got yo band on!

So good to 'see' you on here already! Cant wait for the details, but you REST as need to! Good for u walking! :thumbup:

Who's on deck?

Candra...I did call, hehehe, so sorry bout what happened...however, u know we will party that way again WITH YOU! You are our friend toooo now you know! Love u!

Hello to everyone out there...Tis a wonderful Tool, the band is...we just need to work effectively with it! Getting on my learning curve again...Have a good nite!

Yay Maria - it's your Band Day! Glad to hear it went well and that you are home resting. You might try sleeping in a recliner tonight if you have one and take the pain meds to help you sleep. I'm so excited for you.

Gotta agree with the recline advise!! I slept like a baby in mine for the first two weeks :-) Aren't you glad it is over now and you don't have to worry anymore?? THe worrying is the worst part.............the surgery is a breeze!!

So did ya tell Dr. Baggs hello from his fan club??

4 days now under 1200 calories. Still holding at 199.........I have 4 more to go to get a fill and 5 more to go to get back where I was last week!!

Head Hunger is a killer cause I am not hungry but want something sweet..............gotta survive cause I want another fill :-)

Thanksgiving and Disneyland next week. That will be a struggle but again I want a fill. Thinking ahead about Protein at Disneyland..............trying to get it planned ahead. eggs in the morning, if I can find Beans and vegetables.........sorta think it might be a challenge to get my protiens. I might bring my protien shots for back up!!

Good for you Maria! Inquiring minds wanna know if you were able to get your panties on after surgery hahaha - I tried to get my husband to smuggle the chair out while I was in surgery.

You're funny Ash- You can take the test at your liesure as it is an open binder test - you just have to have it done for Liz at your case manager appt. You don't have that appt until you've reached surgery goal. They just want to be sure you have the basics on the do's and don'ts.

So, it's 7:00, it's my 14th wedding anniversary and i'm going to bed ALONE! My head is throbbing and I can't take it anymore - i need a cafe mocha vodka valium latte!

Sweet dreams my lucious booty sisters and brother

Hi All,

LEE- I am sorry I didn't make it tonight and anyone else at the meeting; something family came up and I had to deal with it.

Baggs patients - Does he ever skip over your questions?? I emailed letting him know I was 12 lbs from goal, and then asked if surgerys were still 6-8 weeks out...all he wrote was "congrads, see you soon"....ummm ok did you not see what I asked? LOL

Good evening all!

I have to start over tomorrow. I think I ate too much.... and I ate 3 Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies....hormone thingy.....

Tomorrow is a brand new day...Toodles....

Riley-I sent you a PM about the LapBand Card. Talk to you soon. Let me know.

Hiya Tina!! Glad to hear how much you're liking your new job :-)

Protein Shots are not a bad idea, don't know where else you are going to get meatless Protein at D-land! Maybe a veggie burger in one of the sit-down restaurants, but $$$$! Are you bringing a little ice chest for the hotel? I pack around almonds and string cheese . . . also Atkins bars, but they are really high calorie so they need to be a Meal Replacement not just a supplement.

Kaiser uses all the same kind of lap-bands (maybe different sizes if they need them, but I don't think any of us have a 14 - I think we all have 10's): Here is what we have:

Lap Band AP Standard

Max fill volume: 10cc

They have the phone # and everything for the docs at Richmond. It's pretty cool . . . like Med-Alert, has a # they can call & a website for more info in an emergency.

Going to take my pill & get ready for bed . . . had to be at a homeless benefit Breakfast in Petaluma at 6 this morning, then worked until 4:30 then went for a 5-mile walk - so I'm pooped. Hope I sleep good!

CONGRATS MARIA!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by riley4183

cafe mocha vodka valium latte

I keep telling Starbucks they'd have much better evening business if they would just get these. . . . .

Hey there everyone, congrats Maria!!! welcome to the band side :thumbup: Ok Tamra, Pat everyone else, come on who's up next?

Monique, how was work? it takes a while to get back in the swing of things so take it easy.

Oh sorry I didn't make it to support tonight...all I can say is I can't wait til this exam is over and I can go back to easy work days LOL

Candra did you get your fill appointment yet? I'm so worried, you know I have not been eating right at all and I REALLY need a fill. Oh I didn't wear the body magic today that thing is tight. I think I need to wait until the weekend when I'll have it on for less time. I don't know.....

Good evening all1

I wanted to let you all know that I recieved my LapBand Patient Id Card today....Mind you, I ordered it on Sunday morning. It came in record time....3 days. You all should get one! Thanks Riley!

I could not make it to the Richmond Support Group either. I am going to make a conscienous effort to make it to the next one on December 2nd.

Jes-Work was WORK! It is really hard getting back into the swing of things...I am so used to an afternoon nap....I have to shake the sleepies off. Thanks for asking....

Liz-"if I could just boo boo!" Girl...you are a mess. I can tell I like/luv you already.....How is your week going????

Hi, everyone I missed....Too wiped out to individualize...I'll try harder tomorrow...

Remember, "Tomorrow is a brand new day!"

Nighty, nite!!!

Jes - I figure at this rate I am moving along, I will be banded in Jan/Feb... I have 12 lbs to go, which I have a feeling will take this entire month and some of Dec, but hey never know!!

Tamra he doesn't answer if it is something someone else deals with. It is up to Liz to schedule a surgery date and she knows now Dr. Baggs how far out. He just does the surgerys but he doesn't schedule them.

Sometimes he answers and sometimes he doesn't. He doesn't like to get into personal stuff with his patients or TOM stuff!! LOL!!

But he is the best doctor I have had as far as getting a response quick.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick checkin to say that meeting tonight at Kaiser was good. Nothing like what I expected, but good. It was both pre and post-op people all together. We talked about Thanksgiving and what we'll eat. Then each of the post-ops got up and spoke for a few minutes about when they had surgery, doctor, weight loss etc. The pre-ops kinda watched and dropped jaws at the folks who have lost so much weight so quickly. One woman is 2 months post RNY and has lost 75 pounds. If I understood her right, she said she was a size 18 last week and a size 6 today. She was very small. I did end up seeing someone that I was friendly with 20 years ago but haven't connected with in a decade. There was a lot of weight dropped in that room. I think there were only a couple of banders and the rest RNY. One woman did mention that she had the sleeve from Dr. Fisher a few months ago. I wanted to stay and talk to her but ended up walking out with the woman that I knew. I have to say, I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out if anyone in the room was from this forum! :thumbup:

I wish you all had been there. Maybe next time!!

Maria, I hope you're doing great and sleeping well tonight. I'm sure we're all thinking about you.