Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I was 285 @ Orientation and Dr Fisher set my goal at 250. Sucks.

I also switched to Baggs. Luckly for new patients he doesnt seem to require much of a weight loss.

I was 285 at orientation and Dr. Baggs gave me a surgery goal of 255 - but I was already below that when I saw him :-)

Jes can you post the directions to the dock for Saturday again for Lee? And hey while you are at it, how about from the north bay for me & Pat?

GOODNESS I can't wait to see you all! I need my fix!!! NICOLE!!! I miss you sooooo bad girl - Auds too!!!

Just got my next fill appt. for the same day Jes had hers booked, but hers got moved up so I;m alone :-( I probably got her Robin-slot, LOL . . I can't wait to have Robin to myself for an hour, we have so much to cover! I am learning all kinds of stuff in my head hunger class that Robin has been alluding to for the last year! Cool, cool stuff.

Gotta go check my ebay and my eHarmony :-)

Hello everyone,

It was so quiet here yesterday and today, BAM! It's nice to see all of you. Maybe I can start putting names to faces to personalities.

Maria, I'm very excited for you. You've done great in getting prepared for this surgery. People talk about the gas after surgery. I got a homeopathic remedy for my gallbadder surgery on 11/2, called Carbo Vegetablis. I took a dose (5 tiny balls under the tongue to disolve) a couple times a day and never had the gas pains. I gained 10 pounds in gas from Monday morning pre-surgery until Tuesday night, so I know I was filled with gas.

I guess everyone really does get a different weight goal. I'm not concerned because I have a lot of thinking to do. I was given an appt with Dr. Parks for 11/6 but called the office and requested Dr. Baggs as my surgeon. I said I didn't care if I had to wait a month and the gal changed it for me. I've read so many raves about Dr. Baggs and decided I wanted him based on reviews here.

Heather - you're really rocking that weight loss. Are you following the 1200 calorie diet as written?

Tamra - what can we do to help you stay on track? What if you wrote your daily food intake here in this thread. I know for me it's very helpful to be accountable about what I'm eating. You can do this!!

Canolie - have the heck have you lost 7.8 pounds in a week? You're doing great.

I love walking, but I'm not ready to take on a long walk since my gallbladder surgery last week. Just getting into my office all week has been enough for me. I know you all are going to have a great time Saturday! I'll hopefully be able to join you soon.

Lee

I was following the 1200 calorie as written, but I got off track about a month ago, and am pretty stalled. I always eat the Protein first, then the fruit or veggies, then dairy and carbs last.

Nicolie/Liz- sorry I forgot who asked, but my latest Breakfast (and lunch) is cheese and apples. Don't tell Robin, but I do eat the cheese with the apples (at the same time, shame!) I got so tired of eggs and cottage cheese. I love me some cheese and apple. My favorite is the pink lady apple.

Riley- Love the new picture, rock it girl!

Maria- I'm so sorry you can't make it this weekend. Same goes for Nicole and Tina. See you all at the support group after Thanksgiving?

Reposting this:

Directions to the walk on Saturday……..

Take I-80 W 51.9 mi

Take the I-780 exit toward I-680/Benicia/Martinez 0.1 mi

Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Curtola Pkwy/Vallejo and merge onto Curtola Pkwy 1.5 mi

Make a left into the parking lot of the Boat Launch/Brinkmans Marine Inc

Meet in the parking lot of the boat launch at 1pm.

Also, if anyone is not up to the whole walk there are benches all along the way if you want to stop and wait for us on the return trip.

And lunch at Applebee's after our walk.

Hey everyone!!

Riley I love the new picture!!

I really need that head hunger class. I can't find anything like that here in Sacramento. I got put in an anxiety/stress reduction class. Which is a good think but I think the head hunger would be even better.

Ok I talked to Robin for a long time today. I am not getting anymore fills until I am down 5-10 pounds and I am doing a food log for her. We both agreed that this up and down stuff is no good. We talked about RNY and she told me she is glad I didn't do that one!! She said being vegetarian it would have been a problem. We talked about eating some meat for protiens. But nice to have her to myself even if it was only on the phone. I think she thought I was gonna argue the weight loss before a fill but I agree. I am tired of all this up and down. I have to get back on track and get really strict again. Oh yea it is 30x chewing your food NOT 20!! " LOL.

So I hope I am down at least 5 by December 4 so I can get a fill. But truthfully I think I have to just keep losing fill or not. I have 40 pounds to go I can't lose momentum now!!

Robin wants the 10, Dr. Baggs said 5. LOL. Typcial!!

Robin said at least 5 for a fill but 10 would be better.

But that is two 1/2 weeks so it might be more like five!! :-)

Nicole your right about it getting worse and worse and worse..........once it starts hurting if you don't address it than it does start hurting worse.

Liz - I am going to ride with Heather - it will be easier for all as she lives about 10 minutes away from me.

Maria - sorry to hear you can't make it.

Riley - love your new picture - makes me think I need a new hairdo.

Nicole - glad to hear from you - can you make it to the Sacramento support group the Sat after Thanksgiving with Auds?

Candra - I was sad to see you can't make it - I have never heard of someone doing so much preparation so far ahead for a wedding. jeez.

Can't wait to see you Donna - it has been too long.

Heather - I sent you a pm with the directions to my house - or if you want me to come to yours just let me know.

I tried eating half a toasted bagel with Peanut Butter on it for dinner - got a little over half of it down before I realized it was a bad idea. What is it about our brains that causes us to make bad choices even when we know better? I was going to make tuna salad but the thought of more tuna turned my stomach. Gosh I am bored with food.< /p>

Although I am off tomorrow and Friday - I still have to get up at 6 am to get the boys to school. I am going to try to make it over to costco tomorrow to get my tires rotated-not feeling it right now but really need to do it.

hey there, Candra ooohh I'm gonna miss you.

Maria, why don't you bring your son with you, we are only walking and going to Applebees??? We want to see you.

Riley, that avatar is HOT! no wonder you can't keep up with eHarmony. Ok so I see Heather re-posted the direction to the pier. I'm gonna re re post them on Friday so it doesn't get lost :biggrin:

Can we get a head count just so we don't leave anybody?

Pam

Canolie

Liz

Riley

Pat

Donna

Tamra

Heather

Monique

who else?? how about Lee, Beatriz, Annalynn...

also, Riley you can use those directions from hwy 37, go 80 west and follow the directions.

Hi Ladies!

Have fun this weekend! Working for one more weekend then its back to regular days.

Not really on track, went to Applebee's today for the free Veterans meal. It was very busy, ran into a couple people from Beale.

Leaving for vacation in nine days so not sure when I'll be back on rack. Mia Tais are call'in!

I hope you all have a great walk and enjoy the rest of the week!

Edited by skiingj

Morning...I am off to my lifestyle class in richmond. ooh getting a lot closer.

Jes I may be able to go I have a few nieghbors I need to get in touch with. Heather can I ride with you if I still go? I should know by this evening.

Good Morning,

Did any of you research the Vertical Sleeve surgery or the RNY while investigating WLS? If yes, how did you decided on the LB?

I've been reading the VS forum and people there are really liking that surgery and having fantastic results. The thing that scares me about that is the amount of staples they put in, and chances of leaks along the staple line. I do like the idea of not going for fills etc.

I'd love to hear about how all of you decided on the LB. Do the doctors try to push RNY over the LB?

So many questions from a newbie. :biggrin:

Maria, have fun at your class today!

Jes, what part of the East Bay are you from? Anywhere near Oakland? I should be back to walking very soon after my gallbladder surgery and would love to find someone close to me for walks around Lake Merritt or other places in the East Bay.

Have a fun day everyone! Let's all stay on track.

Hi Lee,

Welcome. I chose LB as it’s far less evasive and fit my lifestyle better. I’m currently considering the Sleeve as I had two LB install failures this past summer. The Sleeve has some advantages but they do remove about 80% of your stomach. Weight loose is typically higher than LB and no trips for fills. Unfortunately the new procedure Richmond is performing for the Sleeve is somewhat new and doesn’t have any history or long term stats… I’ve met one person who had it done and they’re very happy.

Good Luck!

Good Morning All!!

So now I have some sad news, Liz and I wont be able to make it on Saturday, my boyfriends family is throwing him a suprise Bday party and both liz and I are responsible to get him there. hehehe... So we will have to see you all at the Sacramento support meeting if you are all going.

Lee- I started the 1200 cal diet on Wednesday the 4th and 5th I had a little bit of a break down but got back on track on Monday and stick to it to the T, however alot of it is Water weight and it was my TOM last week too. You also weigh in fully shoed and dressed so that adds weight.. For me it added 4lbs so i am down 6 myself..

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend..!!

Nicole

Morning All!

Just checking in, I haven't posted in a few days, I'm still reading up on all of your previuos post to get more information on the LB. I am absolutly sure that I want the LB! I am also getting anxious for my orientation :drool: I have been trying to maintain my 240 weight since I always fluctuate about 5 lbs both ways! I weigh myself yesterday at my grandma's house and it said 245 :thumbup: I want to make sure that I qualify for surgery, but gosh I sure am ready to lose weight!!!!!!! These last 10 days before orientation are gona kill me! :tt2: Anyhoo, I know that my orientation is in Fremont, but it's ok that I tag along with you all, right? I still have not found anyone on this sight that has been banded by Fremont yet and you all seems so full of suport and knowledge!

Ash-

Hello Everyone! today is a brand new day! Let's go!!!!!